Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Cladking~ mummies for you
Good night Blowing-kisses

animal mummies linked to the jackal god and human remains to an enigmatic statue, are revealing the secrets of an ancient holy place in Egypt once known as the "Terrace of the Great God."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/02/1...z1mOVGuqep

[Image: hunting_dog.jpg]

[Image: cat.jpg]

[Image: meat_mummies.jpg]

Meat mummies on display at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo were prepared as a royal picnic for the afterlife. Ducks, legs of beef, ribs, roasts, and even an oxtail for soup were all dried in natron, bound in linen, and packed in a reed basket for burial in a queen's tomb.

[Image: temple.jpg]

Pampered in a temple during its lifetime, a sacred baboon was enshrined after death in the Tuna el-Gebel catacombs. Priests prayed and made offerings to it there as signs of their abiding reverence.

[Image: queen_gazelle.jpg]

A queen's pet gazelle was readied for eternity with the same lavish care as a member of the royal family. In fine, blue-trimmed bandages and a custom-made wooden coffin, it accompanied its owner to the grave in about 945 B.C.

[Image: baboon.jpg]

Buried with a dog, a baboon harbors a secret that helps identify it as a pet: An x-ray revealed missing canine teeth, probably removed to keep the creature from nipping royal fingers.

For even more photographs, see the full gallery at NationalGeographic.com.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2009/1...hotography

Beautiful photos.

The mummified baboon looks somehow serene. I saw a really interesting program about the baboons place in Egyptian history and mythology a few years ago on History Channel, I think. They were treated better than some people; cherished pets who were highly regarded for their intelligence and celebrated for their strong sexual appetites. I think their excrement is believed to have been used as a topical aphrodisiac. Interesting stuff. Gotta check it out more. So cool that more tombs are being discovered and some of the mummies' conditions continue to offer little clues about ancient times.
I've never read anything about Abydos. I bet the Osirion was cool before it flooded.

There are Osiris Mysteries like the Greek and Christian Mystery Plays, only older. I think maybe Christianity did steal from the ancient Egyptians. Osiris rose from the dead, too.

Pretty cool page: http://www.library.exploreregypt.com/anc...siris.html

(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(02-14-2012, 11:40 PM)Cracker Wrote: I've never read anything about Abydos. I bet the Osirion was cool before it flooded.

There are Osiris Mysteries like the Greek and Christian Mystery Plays, only older. I think maybe Christianity did steal from the ancient Egyptians. Osiris rose from the dead, too.

Pretty cool page: http://www.library.exploreregypt.com/anc...siris.html

I'm going to the bookstore tomorrow night. A book on death and burial rituals of different cultures/religions is now on my list. Sounds morbid maybe, but really not. How people treat their dead and what they believe happens to them (and the responsibilities of those left living to honor their dead) is fascinating to me. I've attended marriage ceremonies in different countries, but never any funerals/death ceremonies. The beliefs tied to marriage rituals are interesting too, but current vs. historical death/afterlife affairs across cultures peeks my interest more. The American Indian traditions have got to be fascinating in that respect.

P.s. interesting web page; the really interesting ones always have tiny little font and no spacing. Had to pull out the "readers" - gettin' old myself...

Change the zoom level. Smiley_emoticons_smile

History is more interesting than news to me. It changes so much. You can't believe anything we were taught in school. They lied to us. History is completely different now.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I zoomed in and then the white font all blended together. It's confirmed; I'm becoming a stain. Pretty soon, I'll be pulling out the giant magnifying glass because I can't remember that my glasses are on my head.

Yep, history tells the real story, depending on who's writing the history. The history books from high school are pretty skewed in my opinion; "history of the world" (from the US point of view). But, there are some very good objective books out there. It's fun finding them. I have a rule now that I have to donate as many books as I purchase to keep the clutter to a minimum. Bye bye cookbooks.
The only history I believe in any longer is the history I can remember like diving into a picnic basket with fried chicken. I suppose ultimately this is the history that really matters so why not prepare a basket for the long term. Smiley_emoticons_wink

I'm coming to lose more and more confidence in peoples' ability to communicate. I find the Tower of Babel story simply fascinating and not incredible in the least. The language became confused because before the invention of symbolic language there was only one way to understand a statement. It was like computer code and if you didn't understand it, you knew. Someone changed the way words were used and wrote it right on the structure. It caught on because it was far easier to use and because the old language had become unwieldy due to rapidly advancing human knowledge. The switch to the new language ultimately set us back 3500 years and has left us with a great deal of misunderstanding and almost complete misunderstanding of the ancients.

I'm making some pretty good progress still. I'm considering trying to sick the linguists on this but for now I'm finding enough to keep me busy in the physical evidence. G1 was built on top of at least one existing structure and I might be able to determine its nature because they built in "words" and I know its general shape. There's a step pyramid under here staring everyone right in the face. It was already apparent from the visual signature of the structure but it's more obvious in the gravimetric scans. There just might be proof waiting in this scan as well. There's a lot of information here and I believe I understand more than 95% of it now.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
If anyone's interested you can see the scans here;

http://hdbui.blogspot.com/

Mebbe I can get the picture to show;

[Image: Fig.%2BIII.17..png]
(02-18-2012, 01:49 AM)cladking Wrote: I'm coming to lose more and more confidence in peoples' ability to communicate. I find the Tower of Babel story simply fascinating and not incredible in the least. The language became confused because before the invention of symbolic language there was only one way to understand a statement. It was like computer code and if you didn't understand it, you knew. Someone changed the way words were used and wrote it right on the structure. It caught on because it was far easier to use and because the old language had become unwieldy due to rapidly advancing human knowledge. The switch to the new language ultimately set us back 3500 years and has left us with a great deal of misunderstanding and almost complete misunderstanding of the ancients.

We had to switch. Numbers and shit. You can't draw 200 light bulbs on the check when you want to pay the electric bill.

Plus, think about the layers of languages needed to make a computer function. Remember typing in the actual programs back in the day? It took an entire day of typing to play Wombat and debugging was a bitch.

The first peoples weren't as abstract as we are. They didn't need our depth of knowledge. I do firmly believe most ancient peoples understood the natural sciences better than most moderns except for medicine/health/healing.
(02-18-2012, 01:51 PM)Cracker Wrote: We had to switch. Numbers and shit. You can't draw 200 light bulbs on the check when you want to pay the electric bill.

Plus, think about the layers of languages needed to make a computer function. Remember typing in the actual programs back in the day? It took an entire day of typing to play Wombat and debugging was a bitch.

The first peoples weren't as abstract as we are. They didn't need our depth of knowledge. I do firmly believe most ancient peoples understood the natural sciences better than most moderns except for medicine/health/healing.

I don't entirely disagree but wouldn't say it this way.

I do disagree that programming would be more difficult in the ancient languages. If I'm right then those languages would be taylor made for programming. They wouldn't need much more than a standardized format and the definition of a few more terms. Of course we'd have never gotten to the point that we'd have the technology to invent an electronic computer without a flexible language to communicate new discoveries. A mechanical, hydraulic, or light operated computer might be possible with primitive technology and there is an exceedingly simple mechanical ancient Roman computer.

Math problems could be resolved with primitive speech and the Egyptians did have a character representing "10", "100", etc...

The early computers weren't programmable at all and had to be entirely rewired for each problem. The British employed a lot of women to rewire their computer each day to break the German codes.

Most of what people "know" is really just opinion. Most real knowledge is in the guts and bones. Real knowledge is experience or "hunch" born of experience. The ancient people knew they were wholly ignorant and this gave them the awesome power to build pyramids with primitive knowledge and tools. Modern man is simply omniscient and incapable of figuring out how the pyramids were built despite the vast array of technology at our disposal. Our complete knowledge makes us weak and stupid and is born of the confusion of the language. If we can say anything and get an answer to everything it simply follows that nothing is beyond our grasp. (at least nothing but the most basic things and the painfully obvious)

OK. That is a five step pyramid in the image above.

All you can see is what's going on on the outside of the pyramid and not the stepped core. It effectively disproves the notion that ramps were used and strongly supports counterweights. That's the good news. The bad news is that it throws a monkey wrench into my theory as well. They did not pull the bulk of the stones straight up the side as I had believed or there would be some sort of density variation in vertical lines right where the visible lines are.

I'm not particularly concerned and believe I've mostly solved the discrepancy. Here's a hint; they took the second shortest route to the top, maybe. I already mentioned that palaces were factories. It looks like "temples" were "work places"; something akin to the modern "shanty" or "lunchroom". These were also "workplaces" for Gods so it's not as simple as it might seem. For instance the sky and the arms of Nut would be the "temple" of Nehebkau.

It's coming faster and faster but I've opened up another front anyway. I'm posting on a linguistics forum now. Maybe with the concept that the ancient languages are akin to computer code it will help someone crack Linear A or something. At worst they'll get a good laugh out of the deal. Ironically there was actually a thread near the top suggesting a pretty similar concept; that language evolved from specific ideas.

yo Clad! Blowing-kisses

[Image: inscription%20of%20new%20king%20Egypt.jpg]

A new king has been added to the long list of ancient pharaohs, the Egyptian Minister of State for Antiquities, Mohamed Ibrahim, announced this week.

The king's name, Senakht-en-Re, emerged from the engraved remains of a limestone door found by a French-Egyptian team‭ ‬in the Temple of Karnak complex on Luxor’s east bank.

The archaeologists, led by French Egyptologist Christophe Thiers, of the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), unearthed a fragmented lintel and an imposing door jamb during routine excavation at the temple of Ptah.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/03/0...z1oXs9yDxX

Thanks LC.

I've been trying to get linguists to give me the time of day but it's not going to work. Even an upto date rewrite of my CO2 post gets nothing at all;

The Pyramid Texts say that the God Osiris is a cool effervescent column of water that tossed on the Giza Plateau and that this God helped in building pyramids by towing the earth using balance. In modern English Osiris was a CO2 geyser and the water was used in counterweights to lift the stones to build pyramids. These are simple facts whether they are expressed in the non-symbolic language of the builders or in the confused language still being used today.

There is not only the words of the builders which are fully consistent but the physical evidence which supports this. Here what’s relevant is the words of the builders so let’s concentrate on them. The easiest way to prove the point is in looking at the “sweat” or “efflux” of Osiris. It is illogical to assume anything other than a cold water geyser would emit CO2 in concentrations suggested by their words. That it is CO2 becomes painfully obvious.

24a. To say: Osiris N., take to thyself this thy libation, which is offered to thee by Horus,
24b. in thy name of "He who is come from the Cataract"; take to thyself the efflux (sweat) which goes forth from thee.
25a. Osiris N., take to thyself thy natron, that thou mayest be divine.
25c. Ḥrnp.wi recognizes thee, for thou art made young in thy name of "Fresh water."

This is much of utterance 33. Here it is established that Osiris is fresh water and that his efflux (CO2) is affected by natron. This is largely sodium dexahydrate (sodium gets its elemental symbol from natron) and when added to carbonated water will force the CO2 out of solution. While all my claims are well evidenced I intend here to simply stick with the basic words used to describe that the efflux of Osiris is CO2. The case is made if Osiris is a column of effervescent water whose divine efflux is CO2. It is my contention that the word used for CO2 is “’Iḫ.t-wt.t” and that this word is properly translated as “risings begetter” and has a “God” for a determinative because “Gods” were actually aspects of nature in the old languages. All their scientific terms were later usurped by religions. Their word “neters” which we translate as “gods” is closer to “natural phenomena” and “neter” would be “nature”.

2110a. N. [is not enveloped] by the earth;
2110b. ’Iḫ.t-wt.t, thou art not enveloped by the earth.
2110c. Thy fame is by day; thy fear is by night, as a god, lord of f ear.
2110d. Thou commandest the gods like the mighty one, chief of the mighty.
2111. [O] Osiris, the overflow comes, the inundation hastens, Geb groans.

The dead king “N” becomes the geyser and is not enveloped by the earth. His CO2 is not enveloped by the earth. By day ’Iḫ.t-wt.t is a topic of conversation but at night solar heating stops and the winds slow. CO2 is fatal in low concentrations and will puddle in low lying areas. CO2 commands the Gods and makes the inundation to hasten.

198b. The great ’I[];.t has given birth to thee, the ’I[];.t-wt.t has adorned thee;
198c. the ’I[];.t-wt.t has given birth to thee, the great ’I[];.t has adorned thee,

722c. Thy foot shall not pass over, thy step shall not stride through,
722d. thou shalt not tread upon the (corpse)-secretion of Osiris.
723a. Thou shalt tiptoe heaven like Śȝḥ (the toe-star); thy soul shall be pointed like Sothis (the pointed-star).

Here you can see where Mercer translates and interprets the efflux as “corpse secretion”, yet is advising people to walk quickly and tip toe through it. Tiptoeing through low lying areas full of CO2 at night can save one’s life.

1024a. His name lives on account of natron-offerings and he is divine.

As CO2 levels drop only natron can result in eruptions.

Remarkably no one ever tried to solve the meanings of the words in the Pyramid Texts by determining them from context. The work looks so fantastic that people simply assumed it was written in a language like our own. The literal meanings of the words seem absurd and employed words that had come to have only religious referents. “Sceptres” were machine parts. “Palaces” were factories. Temples were places men or Gods “worked“. The words were meant literally and this is why the PT has a coherent literal meaning. This implies that at least this one ancient language is wholly dissimilar to our own. It was like computer code.

On the bright side I can get back to proving it was built with water. Smiley_emoticons_smile

clad, I'm in busy mode today, but when I settle down later I will read your post and respond.
There are carbonated hot springs all around the world. Why do you feel the geysers need to be cold water?

I can't decide if I think ancients wrote factual works that weren't religious or legal in nature. Only the religious nuts and merchants could write. And we all know you can't trust merchants (Jewish money lenders and Mohammed are still fighting over the same barren lands) who can write...
check out this guy Clad! hah

of course you have many years to build yours. 96Good night

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...offin.html

[Image: article-2115337-122E09DD000005DC-952_634x455.jpg]

(03-14-2012, 11:50 PM)Cracker Wrote: There are carbonated hot springs all around the world. Why do you feel the geysers need to be cold water?

692c. He is effervescent; he is effervescent; Shu, let thy arms be about N.

507c. effervescent, proceeding from leg and tail of the Great (One) who is in splendour.

868b. thy water, thy cool water-libation is the inundation of the Great One (who) which is come forth from thee.

22a. This is thy cool water, Osiris; this is thy cool water, O N., which went forth from thy son, which went forth from Horus.

I don't believe there's such a thing as a warm water geyser. It's not an impossibility since the same processes that heat water in the earth are the same as those which carbonate it but warm water loses its carbonation very readily and at a much greater depth than cold water. The well for a warm water geyser would have to be extremely deep making a natural one improbable and an Egyptian made one impossible.

I'm becoming extremely discouraged. There seems to be some force beyond superstition and my inability to sway people preventing acceptance of any of this. There are crackpots who gain huge followings and even have media support but something as "obvious" as my proposals are mostly ignored. I sometimes wonder if it might be best if people continue to go on believing the lies that man is intelligent and logical and barefoot bumpkins built the pyramids because the king ordained it. I don't understand why misunderstanding and miscommunication might be better but sometimes it seems like there's some covenant of which I'm not aware.

I've found what I think might be the last piece of the puzzle showing that the real facts about pyramid building were naturally lost. It's not really enough to show that the ancient language was meant literally and that languages were confused at the Tower of Babel. Something is needed to show that those speaking the confused language were aware of the change. I believe I've found it in 1 Corinthians 14. Those who spoke the ancient languages were known as the "speakers in tongue". This is an apt name since the languages had been derived from natural processes reflecting a language of the tongue. All words at the time the language was confused already existed but these words were scientific terms and didn't convert well religious terms. For instance the word "prediction" referred to the ability of science/ language/ the Gods to accurately predict future events like the actions of machines or the sunrise. When the language was confused this word became "prophesy" and those who were successful were "prophets". But those who spoke in tongues couldn't be understood without an "interpreter" who converted computer code to gobblety gook (think Geek Squad).

I think most of the rest speaks for itself. This was apparently written by a bi-lingual individual during the brief period that the old languages fell by the wayside. The Bible dug up numerous old books and tried to incorporate them into it.

1. Pursue love, yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
2. For one who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God; for no one understands, but in his spirit he speaks mysteries.
3. But one who prophesies speaks to men for edification and exhortation and consolation.
4. One who speaks in a tongue edifies himself; but one who prophesies edifies the church.
5. Now I wish that you all spoke in tongues, but even more that you would prophesy; and greater is one who prophesies than one who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the church may receive edifying.
6. But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking in tongues, what will I profit you unless I speak to you either by way of revelation or of knowledge or of prophecy or of teaching?
7. Yet even lifeless things, either flute or harp, in producing a sound, if they do not produce a distinction in the tones, how will it be known what is played on the flute or on the harp?
8. For if the bugle produces an indistinct sound, who will prepare himself for battle?
9. So also you, unless you utter by the tongue speech that is clear, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air.
10. There are, perhaps, a great many kinds of languages in the world, and no kind is without meaning.
11. If then I do not know the meaning of the language, I will be to the one who speaks a barbarian, and the one who speaks will be a barbarian to me.
12. So also you, since you are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek to abound for the edification of the church.
13. Therefore let one who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret.
14. For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful.
15. What is the outcome then? I will pray with the spirit and I will pray with the mind also; I will sing with the spirit and I will sing with the mind also.
16. Otherwise if you bless in the spirit only, how will the one who fills the place of the ungifted say the "Amen" at your giving of thanks, since he does not know what you are saying?
17. For you are giving thanks well enough, but the other person is not edified.
18. I thank God, I speak in tongues more than you all;
19. however, in the church I desire to speak five words with my mind so that I may instruct others also, rather than ten thousand words in a tongue.
20. Brethren, do not be children in your thinking; yet in evil be infants, but in your thinking be mature.
21. In the Law it is written, "BY MEN OF STRANGE TONGUES AND BY THE LIPS OF STRANGERS I WILL SPEAK TO THIS PEOPLE, AND EVEN SO THEY WILL NOT LISTEN TO ME," says the Lord.
22. So then tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophecy is for a sign, not to unbelievers but to those who believe.
23. Therefore if the whole church assembles together and all speak in tongues, and ungifted men or unbelievers enter, will they not say that you are mad?
24. But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an ungifted man enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all;
25. the secrets of his heart are disclosed; and so he will fall on his face and worship God, declaring that God is certainly among you.
26. What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.
27. If anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret;
28. but if there is no interpreter, he must keep silent in the church; and let him speak to himself and to God.
29. Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others pass judgment.
30. But if a revelation is made to another who is seated, the first one must keep silent.
31. For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all may be exhorted;
32. and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets;
33. for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

Religion arose as a replacement for ancient science. Religion tried to preserve the old knowledge in a new format.

I'm still confident I can prove the pyramid was built with water but am afraid that people will ignore the proof as well. The only thing most are going to accept is a picture and they'll claim it's faked. Catch 22.
(03-15-2012, 12:36 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: check out this guy Clad! hah

of course you have many years to build yours. 96Good night

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...offin.html

[Image: article-2115337-122E09DD000005DC-952_634x455.jpg]

It's something to do. Smiley_emoticons_wink

I hope he drew a djed along the back so he could stand up in the "afterlife" just like Osiris.
hah

[Image: 5cc5105044a3012f2fd100163e41dd5b]