Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bread ~ This is a trip
I think I'm going to try this super easy bread recipe this week. I don't eat much bread, but the kid does.

Have you ever heard of this? They wrote the book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.

From the comments section:
For the basic white bread recipe, it's

3 cups water,

1 12 TBSP yeast,

1 12 TBSP Kosher salt (less for table salt) ,

6 12 cups all purpose flour.

For the rye - substitue 1 cup rye flour for white and add 1 12 TBSP caraway seeds to mix. There is a special way to top and glaze the rye bread, but I won't go into that in this post.

Here is the new healthier recipe (with baking instructions):

(Okay, I may not make this soon, but now I know where to find this. haha Mockcloud.)

Do you bake bread? I gave my bread machine away (I stopped using it) so I usually buy the frozen loaves if I want to smell fresh bread. They make it look so easy, though, I just might get the urge to bake bread soon.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Here is an article by the author that includes full instructions and the recipe: http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food...A-Day.aspx

I think I have the munchies. I can't wait until I am 50. I am going to get fat as fuck after 50. The kids will all be old enough to survive without me if I die after that.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
i always made my own yeast breads, until i moved to florida and nothing would rise properly. non-yeast breads too. you have to love the smell of bread baking, and nothing tastes better warm with butter. i never tried a bread mahcine. just kneaded away. what is homier than your own bread?
i kept a sourdough starter going all the time too. you can't get real sourdough even in a bakery.

here is one of my favorite pans, for a couple Italian loaves. dust with some cornmeal for a non-stick crusty loaf! YUM!

[Image: IMG00713-300x225.jpg]

I have been making my own bread for years, ever since a neighbor gave me a bread machine. I wore out that one and bought a new one. Nothing like it
I love bread and bread loves me so we don't see each other as often as I would like. I really want a bread maker though. I think it would be cool to make my own bread. Some healthy zuccini or pumpkin bread. Yum.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(02-20-2012, 01:57 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I love bread and bread loves me so we don't see each other as often as I would like. I really want a bread maker though. I think it would be cool to make my own bread. Some healthy zuccini or pumpkin bread. Yum.

Zucchini and pumpkin bread are quick breads made like a cake. You don't need a bread machine for those. If you want a recipe, let me know.

LC, That pan is FREAKING AWESOME! I have never seen one like that.

This method for bread baking doesn't require a bread machine. You just slop 4 ingredients in a container, mix it, let it sit for a few hours, put it in the fridge. Then you cut off a chunk and make a ball and bake it. No kneading. They say it takes on sourdough properties after a week in the fridge.