Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
tasered and brain dead
i may as well post this, since i know someone will be bleating about police brutality.

Florida

i'm still studying the situation and forming an opinion.
the Trooper has been cleared.
it was against protocol to cuff her in front. she slipped out of one cuff.
the mom is suing FHP.

what do you think? excessive use of force?
she was an escapee at that point. and had oxy and cocaine in her system.
video below.

[Image: article-2104228-11D66E4E000005DC-135_634x429.jpg]

[Image: article-2104228-11D66E44000005DC-57_306x354.jpg]

[Image: article-2104228-11D66E27000005DC-942_306x354.jpg]

[Image: article-2104228-11D66E3A000005DC-352_634x425.jpg]

the mother
[Image: Cheryl_Maudsley_rdax_676x451.bmp]

A 20-year-old woman has been left brain dead - after she was Tasered by police and smacked her head on the ground.

Danielle Maudsley had been taken to a Florida Highway Patrol Station after being arrested for a suspected hit-and-run in September. Handcuffed, she ran out of the door.

But as footage from a police cruiser dashboard camera reveals, Trooper Daniel Cole, who this week was cleared of any wrongdoing, fired a Taser's electric probes into her back.

She spun, fell backwards and hit her head on the ground. Bleeding and crying she tried to get up. She then blacked out and has remained unconscious ever since.

Doctors say Danielle, who was found to have cocaine and oxycodone in her system at the time, is unlikely to ever wake up.

That bitch brought it on herself. Just another perfect example of someone not taking personal responsibility.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Actually escaping from the police station is a sign of substandard security, his tasering a fleeing escapee is appropriate, her hitting her head was an act of god.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

She did it to herself. Cops fucked up cuffing her in front and by not having the door or intake are secured, but thats not why she is dead. She is dead because she. Hose to be a fuckup, do drugs (plural), commit crimes, destroy other peoples property and then not only run from the police, but to then escape. Fuck her, she has been asking for it
it's not like the Trooper was tasing Girl Scouts out selling cookies. in fla., as a Deputy, i had the right to SHOOT fleeing felons Guns. i don't know if she was ever adjudicated a felon however. he didn't use deadly force, and nobody could foresee her cracking her head open. the onus was on her for escaping, which in itself is a crime. taser is better than a bullet any day. Taser

they did fuck up cuffing her in front and having her in unsecured area.

I agree with everyone here. It's her own fault. And the mother is suing. Well isn't that special? How about you teach your daughter to accept responsibility for her own actions? You fuck up and you get caught, do the time. Don't try to escape.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(02-21-2012, 11:05 AM)ramseycat Wrote: How about you teach your daughter to accept responsibility for her own actions?

Exactly! Me & my brothers were taught that when we were very young, that's not to say there weren't times we didn't try to give it a shot but it only bought us more grief. Excuses weren't allowed nor was blaming someone for something we did. I hate that shit & frankly, it really tells me all I need to know about someone when I see it being done.

the mom wants to blame someone. anyone but her daughter.
but it's a fact, even when you're young and life is ahead...drugs = prison or death. the end.

The truely sad part is it will come down to how she escaped at trial.

That will become the root cause of her being tasered and the result will be a judgement against the department and the officer personally.

The fact that she was in custody and for what will not be relevant to the result just the fact that she escaped and the officer had to taser her because she escaped.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

in a civil trial FHP is not liable for anything over 100K. that's the cap. her medical care will run into millions.
also, in civil trial she would be assigned % of the fault. in her case i'd say it would be over 50%.

I have to agree with a lot of the opinions that have been expressed here. However, to say that the patrol post is inadequate in its security is a far stretch. Anyone familiar with any FHP post, is fully aware that it is not a place of incarceration but rather a tool of support and investigation for those who work for the patrol. It is a far cry from being considered a “secured” or “correctional” setting. By the way, we are in your local mall! How secure can that get! HUH?!?!
[Image: DSCF1288.jpg]

The suspects arrest for a non-violent traffic offense basically dictates that she (or anyone) is to be brought into the post to make a statement during the investigation. I am not shocked that she was handcuffed in the front. Which any of us in law enforcement will say is a mistake. Unless we are at home role playing. However, we have seen officers do this time and time again. You could only assume her demeanor was compliant and an official pat down cleared her of any weapons. But why take the chance? But, the mind set of dealing with someone over a traffic infraction can cloud an officers judgment or raise the officers level of complacency. So, shame on him.
[Image: 3bf74b3c3746557181ed93f505892d13.gif]

As for her “escape”, I fully believe the officer was justified in utilizing the taser. I think Dick said it best “his tasering a fleeing escapee is appropriate, her hitting her head was an act of god.” I see no reason why to hold anyone responsible for this act that was of her own making.
[Image: dumbass.jpg]

As Duchess stated “That bitch brought it on herself. Just another perfect example of someone not taking personal responsibility.” I wonder why though; she decided to flee the post? Did her behavior exhibit signs of drug abuse or was there a point where she was informed of incarceration over the matter? It would be interesting to know the whole story or hear assumptions as to why she tried to escape! Looks like when she got tasered, GOD was playing EMERIL when he "BAM" smacked her down to the cement.
[Image: emeril_specials.jpg]

Oh, and her pathetic mother and the lawsuit. FUCK HER…..Should have saved herself and the state money by pulling the plug because her daughter was such a fuck-tard to begin with. Now there's a bright errr or should I say unbright idea. Metaphor!!!
[Image: Ufucktard.jpg]

Wow. I really sound heartless sometimes. Smiley_emoticons_slash
(02-21-2012, 04:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:

We all know the truth and that is you are a big softie indside. hah
(02-21-2012, 04:58 PM)ramseycat Wrote: We all know the truth and that is you are a big softie indside. hah

The mother is still enabling her addictive behaviour even though she is in a coma.

She knows now the daughter had drugs in her system and still does not accept the personal responsibility that she has for breaking the law. The 'law enforcement officer' was doing just that. Her daughter on the other hand was breaking the law.

The mother is in denial and projecting the blame onto the target in this instance the police officer. She should save her money on legal expenses and go to a good therapist instead.

The blame lies with the daughter AND the mother. What a waste of a good life.
(02-21-2012, 04:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:

No way, you just say it like it is. The truth can be a cold friend but an unstoppable ally! Shazam!
(02-21-2012, 05:07 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: The mother is in denial and projecting the blame onto the target in this instance the police officer. She should save her money on legal expenses and go to a good therapist instead.

Maybe she should buy a taser.....

Of course it's her own damn fault. Don't break the law and they won't come to arrest you. Why does that make perfect sense to me?
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
(02-21-2012, 05:02 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 04:58 PM)ramseycat Wrote: We all know the truth and that is you are a big softie indside. hah

hah you hate when I point that out.
If this were a guy, it wouldn’t have made the news. I feel bad for the police officer. I don't know why anyone would be a cop given the civil dangers involved. When you run from a law enforcement officer, they have the option to taze you. Should women be immune to apprehension? Absolutely not. She was a coked up skank with a criminal record. She got what she deserved. Wake up girls. Equality is what it is. Don’t do the crime if you can’t handle reality. That goes for the guys as well.