Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Odd, Strange, Bizarre and Weird
(04-30-2012, 09:57 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote:
(02-26-2012, 12:10 AM)QueenBee Wrote: LC, I was goint to put this in your People of Walmart thread, but decided to give this thread a go. You knew this had to happen..a woman is suing over a photo on the People of Walmart wite. I am simply putting it as a link, because there is a video of a news story.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/woman-not...-people-of

Thats funny, but she has a point. The digital copyright law demands her permission to post her picture on a site like that. Since the woman didn't hire the photographer, its her picture (she owns the copyright and first repro rights) and she has legal grounds to harass the owners of the site and the server if necessary to get the pic removed.

With a good lawyer compensation could be added as an incentive. PI harassment needs to be discouraged in any form it appears imho.

I disagree.

If you are in public, you have no expectation of, therefore no right to, privacy.
WTVR/KCRG

A drunk-driving arrest turned into an animal affair when two of the passengers that an intoxicated motorist was putting in harm's way was his pet zebra and macaw. hah

Police made the unusual arrest when a passerby reported seeing a zebra and a macaw sitting in a pick up truck parked outside the Doghouse Bar and Lounge in Ankeny, just outside Des Moines.

Local station WTVR reports that when the officers arrived on the scene, the car was being driven away by their owner, 55-year-old Jerald Reiter. Reiter tells KCRG.com that he and his girlfriend, Vickey Teters, see the animals like their kids and often take them for rides. On Sunday night, they say they took the zebra and the macaw to the bar because it often lets people bring their animals inside.

Reiter says the owner told him they were serving food that night and he couldn’t bring a zebra inside the bar. Bar owners tell KCRG.com that no animals are ever allowed inside the establishment.
he just got out of jail May 21! Prison
Police28

[Image: article-2148436-133CBCF0000005DC-496_306x386.jpg]

[Image: article-2148436-133CBCF4000005DC-226_634x430.jpg]

(03-06-2012, 08:05 PM)ramseycat Wrote:
(03-06-2012, 02:36 PM)Duchess Wrote:

...like Ramsey & Maggot.

Troof hurts don't it biotch.
Hey!! That's not nice. 16
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

The Zebra is sitting in the front seat! hah I wonder if he was belted in. hah
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(05-23-2012, 06:14 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: WTVR/KCRG

A drunk-driving arrest turned into an animal affair when two of the passengers that an intoxicated motorist was putting in harm's way was his pet zebra and macaw. hah

Police made the unusual arrest when a passerby reported seeing a zebra and a macaw sitting in a pick up truck parked outside the Doghouse Bar and Lounge in Ankeny, just outside Des Moines.

Local station WTVR reports that when the officers arrived on the scene, the car was being driven away by their owner, 55-year-old Jerald Reiter. Reiter tells KCRG.com that he and his girlfriend, Vickey Teters, see the animals like their kids and often take them for rides. On Sunday night, they say they took the zebra and the macaw to the bar because it often lets people bring their animals inside.

Reiter says the owner told him they were serving food that night and he couldn’t bring a zebra inside the bar. Bar owners tell KCRG.com that no animals are ever allowed inside the establishment.
he just got out of jail May 21! Prison
Police28

[Image: article-2148436-133CBCF0000005DC-496_306x386.jpg]

[Image: article-2148436-133CBCF4000005DC-226_634x430.jpg]

Well he's a sandwich short of a picnic for certain.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(03-11-2012, 10:01 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: [Image: 430112_315029348556397_301866953205970_8...8198_n.jpg]

Her legs look like real leather pants...ICK!!

OMFG!
how freaky awful sad! Signs_173

[Image: 07-06-carson-cheney-lg.jpg]

moments before his death ^

PARK CITY, Utah – A 4-year-old Lehi boy died after a headstone fell on him Thursday evening.

Police say Carson Dean Cheney was at Glenwood Cemetery, located at 402 Silver King Drive, Thursday evening taking photos with his family when a large headstone somehow fell on him, causing fatal injuries.

“We’re unaware of why exactly the stone separated,” said Wade Carpenter, Park City Police Dept. “It sounds like he was standing behind or playing behind the stone when it came, when it fell backwards. The headstone separated from the footing, falling backwards and landing on the young boy.”

The boy’s family pulled the headstone off Carson and he was transported to Park City Medical Center where he later died.

Carson Dean Cheney was holding onto the headstone Thursday when some metal connecting it to the pedestal broke, said Park City police Capt. Phil Kirk. Some of the children being photographed were not being responsive, so Carson tried to help the photographer -- his father -- by pretending to be leprechaun and making them laugh, said Curtis Morley, a family friend.

Morley said the boy went behind a tombstone and was playfully poking his head out from behind it when it fell on him.

"Carson passed away while trying to make others smile," Morley said.

Carson was just about to enter kindergarten, loved to ride his bike and was "full of life," said his grandmother, Geri Gibbs.

Park City Police Chief Wade Carpenter said the coarse stone at the Glenwood Cemetery in Park City, about 4 inches thick, marked the grave of someone who died in the 1800s.

OMG poor woman!

[Image: article-2193340-14AEA3C6000005DC-210_634x414.jpg]

[Image: article-2193340-14AEBACD000005DC-455_634x357.jpg]

A bride posing for photographs in her wedding gown has drowned after her dress got wet and dragged her into a river near a 'violently' rushing waterfall in Canada.

The 30-year-old, who has not been named because police haven't notified all of her family, was standing on a rock when she slipped and fell into the Ouareau River near Dorwin Falls, north of Montreal, at around 2.30pm. Her body was found several hours later, around 6pm.

The woman yelled 'I'm slipping, I'm slipping, I'm slipping,' before falling off the rock she was perched on for her wedding pictures, according to CBC.
'She was doing the photo shoot in about 6 inches or 1-foot of water when part of her wedding dress got soaked and became extremely heavy,' McInnis told MailOnline.

'She started slipping and falling down when the photographer grabbed her but she was too heavy that he couldn't pull her from the edge.

'Another person tried to grab her but also was unable to save her from falling into the river.'

McInnes said the woman, from Laval, a small Island north of Montreal, was found 100-feet from where she fell by a private diver who knows the river and volunteered to help with the search.

The diver pulled her body, still clad in her voluminous wedding dress, from the river, which was 20-foot deep in the part she was found.

'She had sunk to the bottom,' McInnes said.
The bride had been married on June 9 but had not had her wedding photos taken yet

(07-07-2012, 10:41 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: "Carson passed away while trying to make others smile," Morley said.

Carson was just about to enter kindergarten, loved to ride his bike and was "full of life," said his grandmother, Geri Gibbs.

21 What a freak accident; never heard of anybody dying like that before.
A kindergartener who was full of life and loved to ride his bike eh? You don't see that everyday.
Re: Post 29 - In July, 4 year old Carson Cheney died when a large headstone fell on him while he was playing and his family was taking photos.

[Image: 07-06-carson-cheney-lg.jpg]

RIP.

Ref post 27.
re post 26. tragic bride.

Maria Pantazopoulos, 30, died while posing for photographs in her wedding gown. She drowned after her dress got wet and dragged her into a river near a 'violently' rushing waterfall in Canada

[Image: article-0-14B1009B000005DC-27_306x423.jpg]

[Image: article-2193579-14B318B7000005DC-163_634x296.jpg]

wedding dress and shoes remain on the rocks

What a way to go.

[Image: 20150702_267999_10150216586637131_4870931_n.jpg]
^ 16-year-old Emily Titterington had a toilet phobia. She had not been to the toilet for three months when she suffered a cardiac arrest at home.

An inquest heard the condition was so bad that some body parts had been displaced, including her diaphragm.

The Coroner for Cornwall concluded the cause of death was "natural causes contributed by psycho-social factors".

Summing up, Dr Emma Carlyon said it could have been prevented. "Something went wrong with the patient-parent-professional triangle which meant she did not get the care she needed," she said.

Paramedics described their "shock" at Emily's "grossly extended abdomen" when she collapsed at St Austell in February 2013 and said she was "vomiting faeces".

The inquest was told that Emily, who was home-educated, had a history of constipation that could be linked to her anxiety and mild autism.

Her sister Hannah Herbert raised concerns about the impact "parental anxieties" had on her, and said she had warned social services "something terrible might happen" the year before.

However Emily's GP, Dr Alistair James, said her mother Geraldine Titterington had tried to persuade her to be examined and he found no evidence of safeguarding issues.

Consultant paediatrician Dr Paul Davis said "self-neglect" played a part in her death but she should have been persuaded to go to hospital.

Her parents should have picked her up, forced her into the car, and taken her to the hospital, in my opinion.

Ref: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-33357284

Vomiting poop! Fucking hell. *gags*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Pretty young girl, what a tragedy, stoopid parents! (Lackadaisical/ neglect!)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(07-03-2015, 03:40 PM)Duchess Wrote: Vomiting poop! Fucking hell. *gags*

It's disgusting, and sad.

It's really hard for me to comprehend how the teen's parents could have watched her bloating up for months, certainly in extreme discomfort, without taking her to the hospital.

She was essentially allowed to die of constipation because she was afraid of the toilet. Asshole parents.
That story is full of shit.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-03-2015, 05:00 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's really hard for me to comprehend how the teen's parents could have watched her bloating up for months, certainly in extreme discomfort, without taking her to the hospital.
It's easy for me to comprehend. My second oldest brother almost died of a burst appendix because my mom thought he was faking it for attention or simply had constipation. Because of her he has this nasty looking scar on his stomach, had to have the gangrene scrubbed from his organs and was so heavily drugged he has no memory of much of his childhood before the age of 12. Asshole parents indeed.
Well, I'll give your mom (God rest her soul) a pass, Clang.

Your brother probably was a whiny attention-seeking faker a bunch of times before, so it's understandable that mom heard a wolf crying when the appendicitis paid a visit. And, the appendix goes quickly, so she didn't neglect him for all that long.

Poor slightly-autistic Emily Titterington, on the other hand, was afraid of the effin' toilet and her mom knew that she hadn't had a bowel movement in 3 months. 3 months and her parents did squat. What did they think was gonna happen with all that waste and toxins built up in their daughter's body. Huh? Huh, I ask you?
Its a damn good thing she didn't get hit by a car.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.