Are you an artist?
I want to make this:

[Image: 1q1ppc.jpg]

It's from the guy's office on that show Lie To Me. I used to watch the show so I could see that piece. I lurve it.

I think I could maybe reproduce it, or something close to it. Maybe out of pallets, Maggot.

Do you make art?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I have a little bit of talent when it comes to art and should probally practice more. I'm pretty good at caricatures and can sketch a persons face without looking at the paper. I've done some pretty good ones.
I personally suck on art, but am good on pc, whatever that means...
That's cool, sally. I can't draw things outside of force drawings.

Nick, digital art is art. I saw your pic. That was artistic. Do you do other kids of digital art? Zerospheres is pretty good with the animated pics.

I appreciate art (used to be a graphic designer/composition/paste up artist back in the day, but that was more about pleasing proportions and lining stuff right according to rules). I just can't make it. I think I lack patience or vision or both. Artists have a different view of things. They see stuff I don't.

I just really love that piece of art and would love to have it.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(02-26-2012, 08:56 PM)Cracker Wrote: That's cool, sally. I can't draw things outside of force drawings.

Nick, digital art is art. I saw your pic. That was artistic. Do you do other kids of digital art? Zerospheres is pretty good with the animated pics.

I appreciate art (used to be a graphic designer/composition/paste up artist back in the day, but that was more about pleasing proportions and lining stuff right according to rules). I just can't make it. I think I lack patience or vision or both. Artists have a different view of things. They see stuff I don't.

I just really love that piece of art and would love to have it.
kinds you meant I suppose, that pic was done quickly, however , everyone nowdays can bring in reality something that will seem artistic in nature, as the programs are so many, the possibilities are endless, and only imagination can restrict someones creativity.

And also , there is no excuse that something costs much , because p2p still exists and anyone can have access to the key for widening his creativity if he has time in his hands or passion to do so.
It's painted sticks hanging on strings.

Jesus Christ.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

We stayed at the Bohemian hotel in Asheville and they had some really nice artwork there, but nothing was priced under $2000 and unfortunately I have better things to do with my money.
(02-26-2012, 09:02 PM)IMaDick Wrote: It's painted sticks hanging on strings.

Jesus Christ.

They aren't on strings, they are mounted in the back.

I love the colors. You make it for me, Dickie.

Jesus Christ.

This is why you are you. You demonstrate a lack of insight and understanding of art and culture. You are bereft and destitute of any intellectual capacity to grasp anything greater than the understanding of a 4 year old. No offense to 4 year olds.
aussie is drinking Dick's milkshake.
(02-27-2012, 12:08 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: This is why you are you. You demonstrate a lack of insight and understanding of art and culture. You are bereft and destitute of any intellectual capacity to grasp anything greater than the understanding of a 4 year old. No offense to 4 year olds.

Please extrapolate on what you see in this piece of art. In what way does it speak to you artistically, culturally, intellectually or spiritually?

Commando Cunt Queen
(02-27-2012, 12:08 AM)aussiefriend Wrote:

Jesus Christ.

This is why you are you. You demonstrate a lack of insight and understanding of art and culture. You are bereft and destitute of any intellectual capacity to grasp anything greater than the understanding of a 4 year old. No offense to 4 year olds.

I don't lack for anything, I know painted sticks when I see them.

Cracker I already have the sticks cut do you want me to use my own talent or copy the dipshit and do one like in the picture?

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(02-27-2012, 12:45 AM)username Wrote:
(02-27-2012, 12:08 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: This is why you are you. You demonstrate a lack of insight and understanding of art and culture. You are bereft and destitute of any intellectual capacity to grasp anything greater than the understanding of a 4 year old. No offense to 4 year olds.

Please extrapolate on what you see in this piece of art. In what way does it speak to you artistically, culturally, intellectually or spiritually?

I havent taken a close look at it. I would prefer to see it in real life to see what it is saying. It would be part of an exhibition of the artists work and I would like to see the other work and see if it is part of that collection.

I think even if you don't understand art that is not the point. Is is speaking to you? Is it touching you? I don't go for art snobbery or pretentiousness. I only relate to the real deal.

Art does attract that air of elitist crap. That is repulsive to me.
(02-27-2012, 12:08 AM)aussiefriend Wrote:

Jesus Christ.

That's why it's called art, everybody feels it different, personally I like those painted sticks, if also they can also move with air and produce sounds , it would be awesome to have them somewhere.
[Image: 1q1ppc.jpg]

It reminds me of "911" for some reason.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-27-2012, 03:40 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I havent taken a close look at it. I would prefer to see it in real life to see what it is saying. It would be part of an exhibition of the artists work and I would like to see the other work and see if it is part of that collection.

I think even if you don't understand art that is not the point. Is is speaking to you? Is it touching you? I don't go for art snobbery or pretentiousness. I only relate to the real deal.

Art does attract that air of elitist crap. That is repulsive to me.

Well, it's telling Dick it's painted sticks on a string. Even though he's a jerk, he's entitled to his opinion about it.
Commando Cunt Queen
Look User, I am not saying let's implement Sharia law. But if you don't know what you are talking about best to put a lid on it. His expression was not looking at the work as art, but demeaning and degrading the artists attempt to express and create. His limited one sided view of art and indeed the world is scary and threatening.

His take on it is as repulsive to me as the elitist snobs that art attracts. Why not just enjoy and let it be. I respect people who create any form of art, even if it's not my cup of tea. I am not into dance. Some of the expressions I have seen, I appreciate what they are doing, but it is not speaking to me. It is still valuable and important.

I spoke to this artist once when he showed me some of his art pieces, they were ceramics. They were beautiful, abstract. I asked him how he felt after he created all these pieces he replied "vulnerable". Isn't that beautiful?
The sticks don't really speak to me, but I think it has a little African thing going on which is right up Cracker's alley.
(02-27-2012, 08:37 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I asked him how he felt after he created all these pieces he replied "vulnerable". Isn't that beautiful?

That's because artists put themselves into their creations, to diss his art is to diss him & most artists are very sensitive people, they are easily hurt.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-27-2012, 08:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-27-2012, 08:37 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I asked him how he felt after he created all these pieces he replied "vulnerable". Isn't that beautiful?

That's because artists put themselves into their creations, to diss his art is to diss him & most artists are very sensitive people, they are easily hurt.

Or he was looking to get laid and that "vulnerable" line always works on the gullible ones. Either way, it is beautiful.