Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Summer Wyatt 15, Michigan. found safe.
(story from foxtoledo.com)11 hours ago

It's been nearly two weeks since Summer Wyatt disappeared from her home in Lambertville. Investigators say they need help from the public now, more than ever.

"I have been through cornfields, I've been through videos, I've been looking in ditches ," explained Summer Wyatt's mother Kathi Wyatt. "Somebody said they saw her run from a car. I have nightmares about it, she's got to be somewhere. Somebody knows where she is," she said.

Summer's family is determined, and they won't rest until they too know where she is. The dining room at her home has become command central. Her friends and family have been busy, spending countless hours posting flyers, manning computers and phones, and looking for leads.

Since Summer's disappearance, Monroe County Deputies, the FBI, and law enforcement in Michigan and Ohio have joined the team working to bring her home safe.

"The time frame does have us concerned. The longer it goes, the more concerning it is with her safety. With no information, we're having nowhere to go, but to think the worst," said Detective Heath Velliquette, who is working the case.

For the past 11 days Summer's parents have been wrestling with every parent's worst nightmare, and they are hoping and pleading for a miracle.

"If she's somewhere and she's not safe, we want that person to let her go. Let her come home, you know. They don't want to meet us," Summer's Father Andrew Wyatt said.

"Nobody's going to condemn you. Nobody's going to judge you. Just come home if you can, and if you can't, I swear to God, I will find you. I promise," her mother said.

Detectives from Monroe County and Summer's family say if you see, or know anything, that they would like you to contact the Sheriff's Department at (734) 243-7070. There's up to a $1,000 reward for information leading to her return.

[Image: summer-wyatt-2.jpg]
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/s...Lang=en_US
Feb. 20. Her younger brother posted on fb.

*Hey summer were ever you are I'll find you I'll look around till the day I die you should come back home finish your punishment and have everything back to normal I miss you and txt me message me on facebook.
*She's gone said she ant comin back till she eighteen 3 years were ever she is I will find her

Feb. 27. Posted to fb from her younger sister.

*reading through all these posts on your wall sis , i miss you so much. i was trying hard not to cry during school again today..i hate people seeing me cry..but its hard when i have no idea where you are..i feel like , if i would have been a little bit more sensitive , actually looked over to see whos message you had deleted..id know where you were planning on going and i could talk you out of it..im beating myself up over this and taking my hurt out on everyone i care about all because the one person i care about the most is gone and i have no way to get ahold of her..please come home summy..

18 hours ago Posted to fb from her Uncle.

*An Amber Alert was never issued for you. It's purpose is a collaborative partnership between law enforcement and broadcasts agencies to alert the general public when a child is abducted. Who is harboring you? Are the local law enforcement a...gencies that naive to think that the human traffickers and sex offenders have not found a loop hole in the system by instructing a minor to write a runaway letter. We are running on faith in Jesus Christ, hope that you will be found and returned to us safely, and a love for you that will never end. Parents please educate your children on the dangers associated with these so called social networking sites. Be prepared, have a recent photo of your child, a description including hair and eye color, height, weight, date of birth, and any other physical attributes. This pain is almost unbearable not knowing if you are safe.
Summer's mother was on the local radio station about a week ago. She said that Summer had been talking via Facebook with a 23 year old guy. Her concern was that this guy convinced her to "run away". The letter that Summer left was read on air and it said that she was leaving, that she had made arrangements and wouldn't be living on the street. She said that she would return when she was 18 and that they shouldn't worry.

My heart goes out to her family and friends. I hope they are able to locate her very soon!
I am now wondering the same thing as her uncle, who is harboring this child?

In the beginning, I was under the impression she was a runaway after reading the comments posted by her brother. *teenager got in trouble and is mad at her parents for punishing her...blah blah blah* Now I'm not so sure. I would have thought after this amount of time...SOMEONE would have heard something from her by now, or she would have come home after seeing it all over the place. Am I wrong to think a teen wouldn't go this far, and that this child is most likely being held against her own will, or worse?

This is hitting very close to home. I have nieces (and their cousins) who are friends with Summer and they are just sick about this :(
(03-02-2012, 12:20 PM)RaisingAPrince Wrote: Summer's mother was on the local radio station about a week ago. She said that Summer had been talking via Facebook with a 23 year old guy. Her concern was that this guy convinced her to "run away". The letter that Summer left was read on air and it said that she was leaving, that she had made arrangements and wouldn't be living on the street. She said that she would return when she was 18 and that they shouldn't worry.

I hadn't heard about any of that. Do you think someone instructed her on what to write in the letter before taking her? It just does not sound like something a 15 year old would come up with...IMO.

That is what her mother and the radio host were talking about. They believe that she was talked into writing the letter. That no 15 year old would say "I've made arrangements and won't be living on the street". Any 15 year old that is planning to run away is pretty much going to say "Screw you, I'm out". As soon as she was gone her Facebook page was wiped clean, her AOL emails were all deleted, and her cell phone was turned off. In my opinion, there was more planning to this. It takes much more time to think through all of that. It wasn't just a "I'm pissed at my parents I'm leaving" type of thing.

The mom also said that Summer talked to her sister everyday and the fact that she was gone and not even contacting her sister was a big deal.
Posted on fb to the younger sister:
*Its ashame fb can't retract those messages hun! There just has to be.. They can do everything that isn't important.. But this??

I wonder if that's true? If it is, this person most likely uses fb for this sole reason, knowing it can't be tracked/traced...unlike cell phone records. This is not looking very promising :(
Maybe LC give some insight into this. I'm not sure how tracking messages works. I know that if something is posted on a Facebook page it is archived and can be found, but I'm not sure how it works with private messages. I guess that kind of defeats the point of them being "private". Then again she is a minor and I feel considering the situation, her rights to privacy may not matter.
RaisingAPrince & aileen -- i agree, a 15 year old wouldn't (on her own) come up with the statement: "i've made arrangements and wont be living on the street"....shit im 21 and i cant see myself writing that (in those words) unless someone put those words in my head.

Also i would bet that theres someway fb could recover those messages, at least be able to see who the messages were sent between

I can only hope shes alive
This is terrible.. I don't see a 15 year old writing that statement either but we really don't know how intelligent she is.. Sometimes kids will surprise you.. Does anyone have the link to this facebook account where these posts are, I would like to see.
About two weeks ago I heard about this girl, one of the news stations mentioned her but, there was no amber alert up due to her leaving a note is all that was said. Last week I saw a flyer about Summer Wyatt Missing in a Toledo Store.

I figured it was a bit of a prank and she'd return home but, when I saw the poster about her in the store my heart sank. I checked out her little brother's Facebook and there is a dude on there over in Van Wert, Ohio? That's quite a hike from Bedford, the girl's mother should take a look at him - he became a friend of her son's it is so frightening mother and father should know whose on their child's Facebook.

The FBI always takes the computer away when crime happens - I think they can recover everything they are top notch!! I'd take the computer to the Monroe Detectives asap that's what, it really should have been done right away.

Sure hope they find the girl safe and well!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
Facebook Page "Bring Summer Home Safe"

https://www.facebook.com/events/368837949801297/
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
I was actually wondering about the FB that you all have read those comments on...:/
(03-02-2012, 10:07 PM)pplrcrazy Wrote: I was actually wondering about the FB that you all have read those comments on...:/

I'm not sure I can post the links in here since they're minors???(I forget the rules)lol
Here is the fb page for Summer. I'm going to assume this is ok since it's a public page and it's about her.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...0676536980
i am not up-to-date on this story. but here is today's news:
i hope this girl is found safely and soon for her family's sake.

Volunteer search efforts ramped up this weekend in the investigation of a Bedford teenager who is believed to have run away from home about two weeks ago.

The Justice for Nevaeh committee put a call-out for volunteers Friday afternoon that it was assembling search teams for this weekend. About 15 people gathered for the initial effort this morning (Saturday), and those who would like to help with the second round are asked to meet at 10 a.m. Sunday in the rear parking lot of the Monroe Moose Family Center 884, 1320 N. Macomb St.

The volunteers are searching for Summer Patience Wyatt, 15, a Bedford High School sophomore, who was last seen Feb. 19 in Bedford Township. Family members, friends, other volunteers and law enforcement have been looking for her since.

The Monroe County Sheriff's Office is investigating, but an Amber Alert was not issued because she is thought to have left home on her own free will.

From the Bring Summer home safe!!! FB page. Summer has been missing 23 days now according to her little brother's FB page. Summer's mother is begging and pleading! I pray the girl reads what her mother said!!

The following are some statements by Kathi Wright Wyatt, Summer Wyatt's mother:-

Summer. I love you so much and I'm sorry I failed you. I wish I was stronger but I'm not I feel like I've hit rock bottom with no hope. I want you to know I have loved you since the day you were born and you are beautiful and I miss you.
Like · · 6 hours ago near Lambertville, MI

Summer it had never occurred to me that our lives, which had been so closely interwoven, could unravel with such speed. If I'd known, maybe I'd have kept tighter hold of them and not let unseen tides pull us apart.
Like · · Sunday at 10:12pm near Lambertville, MI

Summer I miss you so much. I would do anything to know your safe. I sit I'n your room and it's so empty. I look at all your pictures and tears me up inside. I want to take you to get your hair done for prom. I hate when your mad at me. I hate this empty feeling inside. Sometimes I know I don't understand what it is like to be a teenager I'n this day and age. But I am willing to try and learn. I don't know what to say or if you are even reading these. I hope you are cuz that atleast your safe. But now I question that. I know you are strong and smart so I'm praying you are ok. But the not knowing is going to be the end of me. I love you and I just want you to be happy and safe I know I am far from perfect. I never really realized how are it was with me working all the time. I miss you and I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me. I have so many regrets but most of all not spending more time with you. Luv you always and forever
Like · · Sunday at 4:28pm near Lambertville, MI

Summer. We can do anything. Please if your out there come home. I am so sorry about everything. I just want to put my arms around you and know your safe. I will come get you from any where no question asked. I love you baby girl.
Like · · Saturday at 10:17pm near Lambertville, MI
Henry David Thoreau
I wish we could help this family! Call the Monroe County Michigan Sheriff.

This is Summer's father:-

Andrew Wyatt Bring Summer home safe!!!
Summer I love u so much . Please if your safe let us know we are all worried sick . I can't think straight
I've been to every motel and hotel in Toledo. I've followed leads up to Ida michigan . Your brothers and sisters and mother are terrified. We wont stop. If someone has u we will find them. I will gladly give my life for yours. Daddy will find u and God help who has her for u will answer to me
Like · · February 23 at 9:12am near Whitehouse, OH
Henry David Thoreau
I was just informed she was found today by deputies and no foul play suspected. I will post more when I have time to find it.(I have to get my little one to bed right now)

Thank god she is home and unharmed.
I had the same thing texted to my cellphone. Smiley_emoticons_smile no details yet.