Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
St. Paddy's dinner
(03-13-2012, 02:02 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Is there a holiday for potheads?

April 20. They have gatherings all around the country. It is the only venue where it is still acceptable to play hacky sack.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

He brought home a big corn beef thing. Thank Christ I wasn't asked to do something with it because I don't have a clue and I don't see any reason to get one.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
My Irish family will not be celebrating saint paddys they are waiting for the glorious 12th in July.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
<<Is Scotch, Irish, Mescalero Apache and fence jumper so I look forward to St. Pats day and the festivities. This year though I will be rolling back to Texas so we are doing it up tonight. Corned Beef is cooking, I have a couple flights of good stouts lined up and got all the makings for Irish Whiskey. Some good friends and good food on the patio tonight.
Duchess do you have a crock pot? it can be your best friend.
i have a very large one and it's no effort at all. i have 2 corned beefs i am going to put in tonight and let them cook on low. corned beef should have some spices in the pot, peppercorns, allspice whole, celery seed. tomorrow i'll do potatoes, carrots, onions, cabbage in another pot since it's so much stuff.
but it couldn't be easier.
i bought some good rye bread at the bakery for sandwiches.

[Image: corned_beef.jpg]

(03-16-2012, 02:49 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Duchess do you have a crock pot? it can be your best friend.

Yes, I do!

That actually sounds very simple. I can just put it in there & leave. My cooking anxiety (and where I fuck up) stems from having to hangout in the kitchen and keep an eye on stuff. I get distracted by other things and walk away.

always have a little liquid in the crock pot, use it on low, and you will be a gourmet chef!

let crock pot insert cool completely before trying to wash it! i cracked one. hahaha

I don't normally look at meat & think delicious but this looks good to me. I had to look up a recipe so I would know what to get at the market for sandwiches.

[Image: Reuben.jpg]
make a classic reuben! mmmmmmm like your pic

corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and some thousand island dressing. heat it until cheese is melty. (toast the rye or pumpernickel bread). ooooo YUM!
have some crispy dill pickles.

[Image: Reuben3.jpg]

(03-16-2012, 03:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-16-2012, 02:49 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Duchess do you have a crock pot? it can be your best friend.

Yes, I do!

That actually sounds very simple. I can just put it in there & leave. My cooking anxiety (and where I fuck up) stems from having to hangout in the kitchen and keep an eye on stuff. I get distracted by other things and walk away.

My cooking anxiety comes from not knowing a gotdamn thing about it.
With my dad being out on the road truckin...she pretty much raised us without any help. I think she just wanted us out of her hair (don't blame her), and we were never in the kitchen learning anything.

(03-16-2012, 05:17 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: My cooking anxiety comes from not knowing a gotdamn thing about it.

Do you like to try though? It bores the piss out of me, I'm not at all interested in it but 2-4 times a year I think I might like to learn & then the thought passes. I buy cookbooks because they are pretty and will look nice in my kitchen. 78

(03-16-2012, 05:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-16-2012, 05:17 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: My cooking anxiety comes from not knowing a gotdamn thing about it.

Do you like to try though? It bores the piss out of me, I'm not at all interested in it but 2-4 times a year I think I might like to learn & then the thought passes. I buy cookbooks because they are pretty and will look nice in my kitchen. 78

That's exactly how I feel. I'm always telling myself to take a cooking class, but never have, so I give up. The kids are gone now, I don't have to cook...hah
There are a few things I can make and then the basics...SOUP!!
I have many cookbooks that have never been used.

(03-16-2012, 02:49 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: [Image: corned_beef.jpg]

That lean corned beef looks heavenly. The fat is what turns me off of briskety meats.

I will go tomorrow to get a corned beef if I can find a lean one. If not, I'm just getting deli shaved.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(03-16-2012, 09:23 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(03-16-2012, 02:49 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: [Image: corned_beef.jpg]

That lean corned beef looks heavenly. The fat is what turns me off of briskety meats.

I will go tomorrow to get a corned beef if I can find a lean one. If not, I'm just getting deli shaved.

Yeah cause there ain't no fat in deli corned beef.

Fucking hell.

You're reminding me more and more of a topix tard by the day.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Yes, I do!

That actually sounds very simple. I can just put it in there & leave. My cooking anxiety (and where I fuck up) stems from having to hangout in the kitchen and keep an eye on stuff. I get distracted by other things and walk away. [/i][/size]

[/quote]

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Or, Dick, because you are paying for it, you can ask to see it before you buy it. I always ask to see deli meat before I spend 8.99 a pound on it. I usually tell them I don't want the end slice, too. And then I tell them I want it shaved. They hold up a little piece to make sure it is okay with me.

By deli I meant that glass case place, btw, not the "fancy" packs of shit meat you buy.
[Image: 0007740012743_500X500.jpg]
(03-16-2012, 09:31 PM)Cracker Wrote: Or, Dick, because you are paying for it, you can ask to see it before you buy it. I always ask to see deli meat before I spend 8.99 a pound on it. I usually tell them I don't want the end slice, too. And then I tell them I want it shaved. They hold up a little piece to make sure it is okay with me.

By deli I meant that glass case place, btw, not the "fancy" packs of shit meat you buy.
[Image: 0007740012743_500X500.jpg]

Please continue with the retard justification.

John Adams

When we were poor I used to buy those Buddig meat packages and put it on cheap white bread for my husband's lunch at the labor hall. He once made the mistake of trading it for a fish sandwich from some old black guy and almost choked to death.
I'm eating corned beef and a bunch of juice and stuff (I think cabbage) some woman brought over today. Its in the crock pot and sure smells good. My hands smell like turtle though. There was a ton of them crossing the road today and I pushed them across so they would not get squished.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-16-2012, 10:28 PM)sally Wrote: When we were poor I used to buy those Buddig meat packages and put it on cheap white bread for my husband's lunch at the labor hall. He once made the mistake of trading it for a fish sandwich from some old black guy and almost choked to death.

Men are so effen weird. I can't imagine that conversation coming up between two women at work. "Want to trade your pressed meat sandwich for my fish sandwich?" Yeah, men are weird.

I have had these (except they were wrapped in a flour tortilla IIRC), very good when you are drinking...

Buddig Pinwheels

Ingredients
•1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
•1 tablespoon grated onion
•1 teaspoon horseradish
•Dash Worcestershire sauce
•2 packages (2 oz. each) Buddig Sliced Beef or Ham

Directions
Combine cream cheese, onion, horseradish and Worcestershire until well blended. Separate sliced meat, laying two slices in a row, slightly overlapped. Spread with cream cheese mixture. Roll up and fasten with a wooden pick. Repeat with remaining meat and cream cheese. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, cut into 1-inch slices.

I'm not too snotty to eat that, I just don't think it is very healthy so I don't eat if very often. I wouldn't turn my nose up at it if it were served and I was a guest in someone's home. White trash food is good party food.