Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
walking while black - Trayvon Martin
Just wondering what everyone thinks about Rivera's comments...

Geraldo: Trayvon Martin Killed Due To 'Hoodie'
Fox Host Urges Parents To Stop Kids From Dressing That Way

Fox News host Geraldo Rivera said Friday he believes Trayvon Martin wouldn't have been fatally shot by a neighborhood watch captain had he not been wearing a "hoodie" sweatshirt.

Rivera called on parents to stop their kids from going out in public dressed that way, Politico reported.

"I am urging the parents of black and Latino youngsters particularly to not let their children go out wearing hoodies," Rivera wrote on the Fox News website. "I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin's death as George Zimmerman was."

Martin, a black teenager from Florida, was shot and killed last month by George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch captain who was armed with a handgun.

The Justice Department announced earlier this week that it would launch an independent investigation into the shooting, as mobs of furious protesters are demanding that Zimmerman -- who claimed he shot Martin in self-defense -- be arrested, CNN reported.

In his column Friday, Rivera claimed that wearing a hoodie can draw "dark-skinned" kids unwanted attention because of the negative associations attached to people that dress to look like "a gangsta."

"When you see a kid walking down the street, particularly a dark-skinned kid like my son Cruz, who I constantly yelled at when he was going out wearing a damn hoodie or those pants around his ankles," Rivera wrote. "It's those crime scene surveillance tapes. Every time you see someone sticking up a 7-Eleven, the kid'swearing a hoodie. Every time you see a mugging on a surveillance camera or they get the old lady in the alcove, it's a kid wearing a hoodie. You have to recognize that this whole stylizing yourself as a gangsta --you're going to be a gangsta wannabe? Well, people are going to perceive you as a menace," he wrote.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/30746162/detail...z1pxHE6s3P
i loathe that whore geraldo, friend of jose baez.

the hoodie is however, an object of profiling. it's the gangsta uniform.

that's what the public sees and perceives as threatening.

Don't hate the player (Geraldo) hate the game (the truth).
the prez should NOT comment at all in this matter. nomatter how 'unbiased'. that is fodder for a future defense attny. to scream about prejudicial publicity from the highest office in the land.

Sanford, Florida (CNN) -- President Barack Obama waded into the growing national controversy of the killing of an unarmed black teenager in Florida, saying the nation should do some "soul-searching to figure out how something like this happens."

"I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together, federal state and local, to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened."

Obama said Trayvon Martin's death particularly resonated with him as an African-American parent.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," Obama said in brief remarks outside the White House.

As Obama was speaking, demonstrators were preparing to march to the state capitol in Tallahassee, Florida on Friday to protest the death of the17-year-old, who was shot and killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer while walking home from a convenience store.

(03-23-2012, 09:37 AM)Maggot Wrote: He should kiss Sharpton right on the lips in front of the crowd.

hah
86 112
I hope that doesn't include winter coats with hoods ... just sayin ...
86 112
(03-16-2012, 12:42 AM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: http://www.change.org/petitions/prosecut...von-martin

CNN keeps commenting about this petition. They said the petition was getting up to 1000 hits per minute or something.

I went and signed it; it's getting noticed.
Commando Cunt Queen
(03-23-2012, 02:57 PM)username Wrote:
(03-16-2012, 12:42 AM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: http://www.change.org/petitions/prosecut...von-martin

CNN keeps commenting about this petition. They said the petition was getting up to 1000 hits per minute or something.

I went and signed it; it's getting noticed.

I signed it, too. There were only about 25,000 signatures when I signed.
(03-23-2012, 07:50 AM)JsMom Wrote: Now is not the time for your ignorant bullshit verbal vomit. I could give a fuck less what you have to say. I got a man bitch. You're the lonely holier than thou cunt! A child was murdered for no damn reason. I don't care what color the kid is. I'd rally for any child. You sick bitch. I sure hope nothing ever happens to any of your children. I bet you'd insert your foot into your loud flappy jaws. Jeezus!

Why is the truth ignorant? It wasn't. Love your outrage, though.

Young black kids are killed every single day here. Sharpton doesn't usually show at the funeral. In fact, nobody really gives a shit. It's wonderful that you care today, but where were you yesterday? Or the day before? Or the day before that?

Disingenuous people are the worst kind of fake mutherfuckers. Cracker isn't impressed.

Fucking them isn't the answer JsMom. Try something else.

Number One Attention Seeking Disingenuous MutherFucker Says ~ Obama: ‘If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.’
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(03-23-2012, 11:43 AM)nrkerr Wrote: Just wondering what everyone thinks about Rivera's comments...

Another perspective on this story........

Examiner article

Last weekend in the city of Chicago alone, gangbangers slaughtered ten people and wounded another forty. The youngest fatality is only six years old. The youngest person wounded is only one-year-old. Many of the victim were pedestrians sprayed with bullets in drive by shootings. The national news has said nothing about this.
So why does one shooting in Florida warrant weeks of national news? Why has there been thousands of articles a day, for the last four days, about one single shooting?
Almost all of the news items about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin contains a combination of false statements, opinions presented as facts, transparent distortions, and a complete absence of some of the most relevant details. Almost all news items are written soley from the point of view of the grieving family. The media also fills their articles with outdated baby-faced pictures of Trayvon. Very few include that he was a towering 6'2” football player. Is the media really reporting the news, or is this classic agitation/propaganda to advance a political agenda.
Literally thousands of articles contain at least one false statement in the first couple of lines. They usually read "George ZImmerman, a white man," or "shoot by a white man." Zimmerman is described by family as a multiracial Hispanic. His appearance is clearly that of a Latino/Mestizo individual. However, the media wants him to be white because that better fits the political narrative they are trying to artificially create. Many news articles have also claimed the neighborhood is "mostly white." This is also a lie. The neighborhood is only 49% white. It is over half non-white.
All the way back on February 27th, the local Orlando Fox station interviewed the witness who dialed 911. Almost none of the thousands of articles since have mentioned any of the details described by the witness. Some, however, have attributed false statements to this witness. On March 16th, the Sanford police department released new details to the Orlando Sentinel. Once again, these details have been ignored or changed by the media.

1. The witness reports that George Zimmerman was on the ground and Trayvon is on top of him punching him.
2. The witness says that George Zimmerman was screaming and yelling for help.
3. Police arrive and find Zimmerman bleeding on his face and the back of his head. He also has had grass stains on his back. All this confirms the story told by Zimmerman and the witness.
4. Police play the 911 tape for Trayvon Martin's father, who tells police that the voice screaming is not the voice of his son.

The neighborhood this took place in has seen a lot of crime. Would you be surprised to learn that there were eight burglaries, nine thefts, and a shooting just in the past year? In fact, the local homeowners' association reports that George Zimmerman actually caught one thief and aided in the apprehension of other criminals. The Miami Herald wrote about this on March 17th. None of the thousands of articles and cable news segments that came after, thought this was important.
In fact the Miami Herald goes on to interview neighbor, Ibrahim Rashada, who is black. Rashada confirms that there has been a lot of crime in the neighborhood and indicates to the reporter that the perpetrators are usually black.

The media also characterizes Trayvon as a "model student." In fact, he under a five day suspension when the shooting took place. That is why he was staying at a house so far from his school on a school night. A laywer for Trayvon's family has blocked access to his school records. However, you have to do something pretty bad to get suspended for five days.

Now that you know the suppressed facts of the case, you can for form a better more balanced opinion. Maybe you still think Zimmerman was wrong to pull the trigger. However, I think you will come to the conclusion that the "mainstream" clearly is pushing an agenda. Even when they have to grossly alter and adjust a story to fit that agenda.

He continued to pursue that kid after being told to stop. There is nothing that I could read/hear that will alter my opinion after learning that.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
this is very disturbing if true. Mike Brooks on HLN just reported that Trayvon was on a slab at the morgue for 3 days before being identified.

i hate second-guessing the police, but WHY didn't they go door to door to try to ascertain who this kid was??

his father reported him missing the next morning when he hadn't returned.
how awful.

more recent photo of zimmerman

[Image: george-zimmerman-20120323]

(03-23-2012, 07:25 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: this is very disturbing if true. Mike Brooks on HLN just reported that Trayvon was on a slab at the morgue for 3 days before being identified.

i hate second-guessing the police, but WHY didn't they go door to door to try to ascertain who this kid was??

his father reported him missing the next morning when he hadn't returned.
how awful.
It's true. I heard it on NPR a couple of days ago. Unbelievable. But a fact.
The next morning?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-23-2012, 08:13 PM)Maggot Wrote: The next morning?

The next morning, what.

[Image: 1332162390252.jpg]

I like the old mugshot better.
that's from 2005.

the one above in post 113 is recent.

i think Maggot was asking if dad in fact reported him missing next morning.
that's what i said Maggot. Smiley_emoticons_razz
i don't know why he waited.

(03-23-2012, 06:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:

He continued to pursue that kid after being told to stop. There is nothing that I could read/hear that will alter my opinion after learning that.

I agree with you. It definitely sounds like Zimmerman is in the wrong and I don't think this kid deserved to DIE no matter what the circumstances. BUT (just playing devil's advocate because we don't know the whole story) what if the kid really was acting suspicious and Zimmerman was following from a distance to see where he was going. If the kid attacked him and knocked him to the ground and started pounding on him, would Zimmerman be justified in shooting him then? The answer is still No to me but it is not like Zimmerman shot him in the back. The "kid" was beating the shit out of a grown man. Doesn't sound like a scared innocent little kid. There could be good reason why cops have not arrested the guy and we just don't know about it.

Is watching or even confronting someone that you think might be up to no good a bad thing? Are we supposed to hide in our houses and wait for someone to take care of us? Fuck that. That is why people get mugged in broad daylight - thugs know most people are rabbits too scared to say anything when they see a crime being committed. The main reason this story bothers me and is so sad is that the kid LOOKS like a sweet, clean cut kid from a decent family. If he looked like a hood rat, it probably wouldn't even bother me.

A few years back two of my kids' bikes got stolen over the course of a couple of weeks. I saw this kid who does not live on my street walk up in my driveway and into my elderly neighbor's yard. I walked over and asked what he was doing. He got right up in my face and told me to mind my own fucking business. He never touched me but his brazen attitude did scare me and this kid was only about 14 or 15. Now if he had attacked me and I shot him would I have been justified? Overreaction? Probably. Illegal? Probably not.

because there is a new special prosecutor, zimmerman could be arrested before grand jury is convened on april 10.

his lawyer (he wisely does have one now) is going to be screaming about the international publicity which includes prez. bigmouth obama who should have said NOTHING.
he will have not only cause for change of venue to freaking Mars, but a mistrial before it starts. there is no untainted jury pool out there now. except maybe a few Ubangis in the rainforest.

[Image: obama-light.jpg]