Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damn Drunk Drivers!
(07-21-2012, 06:26 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 05:45 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 05:40 PM)Maggot Wrote: Obama’s Illegal-Alien Uncle Received Stay of Deportation

Barrys drunk uncle

what a surprise. some posts about the ugly fucker in here:

http://mockforums.net/thread-6391.html?h...elle+obama

Ya know......I looked around for that thread on "Uncle" Remus but could not find it. I'm very impatient I think.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-19-2012, 08:42 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: i'll bet everyone here knows someone whose life was affected by a drunk driver.

I have. As well as I have known several people who have had DWIs/DUIs, including having their licenses suspended. Like you said, from rich to poor, laborers to professionals.

Alcoholism is a TERRIBLE problem.
That's why they call it moderation
bad one...waiting to hear if alcohol involved.

NEW YORK – Five people, including two children, have been killed in an early morning car crash in New York City. Three other people, including another child, have been hospitalized.

Police say a Mercedes Benz SUV carrying 8 people was traveling on Atlantic Avenue east of the Van Wyck Expressway in Queens at around 3:15 a.m. Sunday.

The vehicle hit a concrete pillar, then flipped and rolled over. Police say it ended up on its side and burst into flames.

Three adult passengers, all women, were declared dead at the scene, as were an 8-year-old girl and a 9-year-old boy.

The driver, a 45-year-old woman, is in stable condition at Jamaica Hospital, along with a 26-year old man and a 7-year-old boy.

No identifications have been released.

[Image: nyc_crash_72212.jpg]

OMG! That is one of the worst crash vehicles I have ever seen. And I have seen a lot. It's a wonder anyone survived.

I always wonder why the drivers seems to be the one to survives these crashes. And then drunk or not, they get to live with the fact that people are dead due to their actions.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Hemp was made illegal thanks to efforts by the lumber industry led by Hearst (with help from the cotton industry), whose fortune was threatened by the cheap production cost and high versatility of hemp products. Most of the horrible vilification stories about pot were concocted by his newspaper empire. Even the name "marijuana" was pushed forward in an attempt to tie the hemp plant to illegal mexican immigrants and criminal activity. Some things never change. The government was complicit in making hemp illegal in the 1930's mainly because there were careers dependent on prohibition, and once it became clear that would be repealed it was hoped that the criminalization of hemp would allow those careers to continue.

As for driving while impaired under any intoxicant: it's a stupid idea and anyone who chooses to disregard that basic safety takes other people's lives at risk and deserves harsh punishment. This is a car society, like cracker said, but it's also a cab society. Make arrangements in advance.
Make arrangements in advance. What a simple yet logical statement. When people make plans to go uot and party, they KNOW they are not going to be able to drive home. Or should not anyway. Why not just make arrangements? So simple.
Jesus Ramsey, look at this one! no alcohol cited, but it's packed with illegals for sure!

(CNN) -- A Ford pickup truck crammed with nearly two dozen people crashed in southeastern Texas Sunday evening, killing at least 13 people and injuring 10 others.

At least six of the victims were airlifted to hospitals in San Antonio and Corpus Cristi, said Trooper Gerald Bryant of the Texas Highway Patrol. All of their conditions were not immediately available, but two later died of injuries suffered in the accident.

"There were multiple occupants in the front of the cab portion and multiple occupants in the bed of the pickup truck," Lt. Glen Garrett of the state Dept. of Public Safety told CNN affiliate KIII-TV.

Border patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents were called to the scene.

"Based on the mode of travel -- the way that the people were in the vehicle, it's a high probability there were illegal immigrants traveling northbound on 59," Garrett said.

The F-250 was headed north on U.S. Highway 59 when it left the road near the unincorporated town of Goliad -- about 90 miles southeast of San Antonio -- and rammed into two large trees, Bryant said. The victims were both male and female and ranged in age from children to adults.

The weather was dry and clear at the time of the crash and there was no evidence of alcohol at the scene, he said No other vehicles were involved in the wreck. It was uncertain why the truck left the highway.

[Image: 19085640_BG1.jpg]

Holy shit!
San Diego Union Tribune

A mother has been accused of drinking alcohol before losing control of her van, plunging it into a 30ft-deep reservoir and killing two five-year-old girls, including her daughter.

Arlene Hernandez, 22, wept in Chula Vista Superior Court, California on Wednesday as she pleaded not guilty to DUI manslaughter, child abuse and drunken driving causing injury.

Hernandez and a male passenger were able to escape the sinking vehicle but her daughter, Lesette Silva, and five-year-old Guiliana Figueroa could not free themselves and later died in hospital.

killed
[Image: article-2186029-1475E0C3000005DC-440_306x423.jpg]
killed
[Image: article-2186029-1475E0C7000005DC-704_306x423.jpg]

[Image: article-2186029-14791D49000005DC-397_634x351.jpg]

[Image: article-2186029-1475CA5D000005DC-139_634x388.jpg]

The car veered down an embankment, flipped over and landed on its roof in this reservoir
Arlene Hernandez, 22, faces up to 13 years in prison if convicted. The judge decided at the Chula Vista Superior Court hearing to keep her bail at $400,000.

throw away the damn key! The_Villagers

Gainesville Sun

A Gainesville woman who was driving to a bar with eight children in her van was arrested on DUI and child neglect charges after a minor traffic crash at 1100 W. University Ave. on Friday night, according to arrest reports.

Lawanda Lowery-Gale, 32, of 1939 NW 31st Ave., was charged with DUI, eight counts of child neglect and driving with a suspended license by the Gainesville Police Department.

The incident occurred about 9:50 p.m. when Lowery-Gale side-swiped another car on University Avenue with her Kia van, police reported.

In the van were eight children!! aged 10 months to 14 years. Police said six of the youngsters were her children and two were nieces.

Lowery-Gale appeared to be intoxicated and had bloodshot and watery eyes, slurred speech and an odor of alcohol, police said. An arrest report indicates that she performed poorly on sobriety exercises.

She was arrested and given a breath test at the Alachua County Jail. The DUI arrest report states Lowery-Gale registered a blood alcohol level of .166. Florida's legal standard for DUI is .08.

she is being held on $275,000 bail,

Reports state that Lowery-Gale told police she was trying to get to Fubar, a nightclub at 225 W. University Ave, when the accident occurred. Records indicate that Lowery-Gale's license has been suspended five times and that she was cited for failure to submit to an alcohol test in January 2011.

No injuries were reported from the crash, which caused damages estimated at more than $1,000.

[Image: watermark.gif&logoxpos=0&logoypos=0]

^^^^ What was she going to do with the kids when she got to the bar? Heaven knows none of those kid's eight different fathers would be of any help.
"Police said six of the youngsters were her children..."

Where does she get the money to drink when she's "raising" six kids? Do welfare moms still get extra welfare for every kid they have? I thought there was a cap on the amount of money received back in the '90's.

Time for this bitch to lose custody of the kids, lose her benefits and go to jail.
Where the heck do all these kids go when they are "taken" away? Families must be broken up with so many at a time.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
there are not enough foster homes for all of them Maggot. so other family members get the kids. and the kids end up in the same mess.

you know damn well she was going to leave all of them in the vehicle while she went in the bar to scrape up some buck to fuck her. after all, one was 14, old enough to babysit.

Zero: none of those kid's eight different fathers...

hah you know it! gib me dat welfare baby! 1212121212121212

A very close family fried was killed on his motorcycle by an old man (68) who had taken too many of his Rx pills. He had
forgotten he had taken them, so he took them a second time. He ran a red light and T-boned a father of 5, and killed him.

Just a few weeks ago, another close friend was killed on a motorcycle. She and her bf both tested above the legal limit.
The investigation has stalled, but there is reason to believe that someone shot a bottle rocket at the bike, causing
them to leave the roadway, literally 2 blocks from home, and hit a tree. She was on the back and hit a tree with her
face and died, leaving her 2 children in a family fight over who "gets them". The driver is in the hospital recovering still,
from his multiple injuries and will have to live with the fact that the decision they made together to ride intoxicated,
cost her her life, those kids their mother, and him the love of his life, and most likely, his freedom.

Just last week, a 21 year old kid left a bar, drunk, and at a high rate of speed, rear ended a mother and her 2 children so
hard he drove his Escalade over the top of her car, killing her and her son. Her daughter lived, and was relatively
unhurt. He hit her so hard, he flipped the Escalade, nearly bending the front end upward into the windshield. He got
out and ran from the wreck. They believe he fled to family in Mexico. But according to eyewitness accounts
at the bar, he was very drunk.

I could go on and on...I personally know all these people. I have attended the funerals and cried at my own loss due
to such stupid fucking choices. Its so avoidable. Its just so unnecessary and tragic.

When will people learn....and when will bartenders start paying attention to what they are serving. I think that
bartenders should be held accountable when they overserve people. Enough is enough.
You are missed...RIP Lady Cop
Forty-three states have Dram shop laws which make the bartender/server responsible when drunk patrons leave the bar and go on to hurt/maim/kill another person while drunk.

List of states with Dram shop laws

imsuchawildflower, in your three examples, only one would qualify under the laws, unless the couple on the motorcycle were so intoxicated as to be noticeable by the servers/other patrons. Just being over the legal limit doesn't make a server responsible, as how can they know everyone's blood alcohol at any given moment?

Perhaps there should be breathalyzers installed in every establishment that serves liquor with an employee hired to administer the tests. Every person who blows above the legal limit would have to stay in the establishment until they could blow under the limit. I guarantee the price of drinks would go up to pay for the equipment and person to administer the tests, but if the market will bear it, it could be done. However, this would not address people who drink at a friends home, in a park, or at home.

My bottom line is that you as a free citizen of the US are responsible for your own alcohol consumption. If you leave the bar impaired and kill yourself or someone else you are responsible. Our laws should be tougher on the perpetrator of the drunk driving offense, perhaps so tough that people would actually think twice about the consequences of their actions.

*all "yous" general*
We could use some justice like this in our country:

http://autos.aol.com/article/punishment-...to00000020
I wonder if he would have received a death sentence if he had plowed into a crowd of women and killed two?
^
Sadly, no as the death penalty is reserved, in a few select cases, for first degree murder and that requires forethought and planning.