Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Sierra Lamar, 15, CA murdered. not found.
Kip Offline
Mocker

RE: Sierra Lamar, 15, CA missing

Good question about the boyfriend. Moms' boyfriends always come to mind when teenage girls disappear.

I agree that the father's likely not involved. (Although having a father who's a RSO probably contributed to her unhappiness.)

03-20-2012 11:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

i've emailed a couple news reporters about mom's boyfriend, we'll see if i get a reply.

mom's boyfriend's name is Rick. that's it so far.

but now the house is being searched. not just the phone and computer.

03-20-2012 12:29 PM

Kip Offline
Mocker

http://www.kron.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3472

This video shows the mom passing at flyers at the bus stop. I had imagined the bus stop to be in a residential area, but it's on a highway with nothing but open fields there. Sierra was the only student to get on at that stop. There are some brief shots of the boyfriend towards the end of the video - he's in a blue shirt and is also passing out flyers.

03-20-2012 07:06 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I've seen bus stops like that around here, they are a sign on the side of the road, not what one considers a bus stop to be.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
03-20-2012 07:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Adub Offline
Mocker

Mom acts weird in the video.

03-20-2012 09:45 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

[Image: 4f6960af1e076.image.jpg]

Vigil for Sierra LaMar
Marlene LaMar becomes emotional as she speaks to a crowd of friends and supporters during a vigil for her daughter Sierra who has been missing since the morning of Friday, March 16 when she left for Sobrato High School. "I just love you and I want you back," says LaMar of her daughter. Standing with her is Sierra LaMar's father Steve and her daugher Danielle.

[Image: 4f69679090144.image.jpg]

[Image: 4f696783c4143.image.jpg]

[Image: 4f6960c67b53f.image.jpg]

morgan hill times

Friends, family and strangers to missing Sobrato High sophomore Sierra LaMar gathered to raise awareness and pray for the teenager’s safe return at a prayer vigil in Morgan Hill Tuesday night.

Marlene LaMar, Sierra’s mother, and other family members addressed the crowd of more than 100 people outside the Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church. Some of those attending to join in prayer and show their support for Sierra’s family on the fifth day of the 15-year-old’s sudden disappearance came from Fremont, the missing 15-year-old’s former home.

facebook help find Sierra:

http://www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

03-21-2012 06:22 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I always feel so damn sorry for these parents. I can't even begin to imagine the terror they feel when their children are missing and they didn't have a hand in their disappearance.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
03-21-2012 07:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

this is narrowing the investigation.

WHY IS MOM'S BOYFRIEND STILL A MYSTERY??

ABC

The search continues for Sierra LaMar, the Northern California teen who mysteriously disappeared on her way to school.

Authorities say there have been no new leads in the case and an analysis of her cell phone, found about a mile from her school bus stop, has yielded no clues, according to a press release issued by the Santa Clara Sheriff’s office today.

A search and rescue team found the 15-year-old teen’s girl’s phone Saturday night alongside the roadway, about a mile away from her home in Morgan Hills, in the opposite direction of her bus stop, said Sgt. Jose Cordoza, sheriff’s office public information officer, told ABC News.

The charger for the teen’s cell phone was found in her room at home, and the phone looked as if it had been tossed.

Authorities and the Sierra’s family were hopeful that the phone could lead them to the girl. But according to the press release, an analysis of the phone yielded no clues, nor did investigators discover anything helpful in her computer. ”Forensic examinations of Sierra’s cell phone and computer have not revealed information beneficial to Sierra’s disappearance.”

03-21-2012 08:44 PM

Kip Offline
Mocker

http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_202...blic-focus

Per this article, the boyfriend's name is Rick Gardiner and he's in the construction business.

...Making the case even more complicated is that her father, a computer engineer, is a registered sex offender. He pleaded no contest in 2009 to "lewd acts" with a minor younger than 14 after he fondled a friend of his older daughter's at a slumber party in 1999....

The night before Sierra disappeared, Danielle LaMar left Sacramento State for spring break and joined her father at his Fremont townhouse. On their way back from dinner, Sierra, a 5-foot-2-inch brunette, called. They put her on speakerphone.

"She was talking about how she wanted to get her hair done the next time she went to Fremont. She wanted to add some blond streaks," Danielle LaMar said. "She was very excited about one of her school assignments, telling me about her research paper. Bringing up her grades made her happy."...

The household followed its typical routine the morning Sierra disappeared, Danielle LaMar said. Gardiner left the house about 6 a.m. Her mother kissed Sierra goodbye and left for her job in Fremont.

Sierra, who that morning tweeted a friend at 6:29, usually made it to the bus stop down the road to Palm and Dougherty avenues by 7:15 a.m. ...

03-22-2012 02:06 AM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

video, Marc Klass comments

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/video/#!/multi.../143741326

also:
NBC
Sierra's father, Steve Wayne LaMar of Fremont, released a statement Wednesday to speak to his prior conviction on sex crimes with a child. Investigators stressed he is not a suspect in his daughter's disappearance, adding he has been fully cooperative.

Public Statement From Sierra LaMar’s Father, Steve LaMar:

My name is Steve LaMar. My daughter Sierra has been missing since last Friday, March 16th. I am releasing this statement to address a recent report that I am a registered sex offender. This report is true. I anticipated that this unfortunate piece of my background might surface in the media. I immediately disclosed this history to the police on the very first day of the investigation into my daughter’s disappearance, in the interests of openness, truthfulness, and cooperation.

I understand the stigma associated with this in my background, and I assure everyone it is not connected in any way to my daughter’s disappearance. I ask that you please not shift the focus away from the investigation and from finding Sierra. I also ask that you please not let my past shape your opinion of Sierra or anyone in our family.
Please understand, I am a dad, and I want nothing more than to find my missing daughter.

My family is working closely as a team with law enforcement, and we will do so until we can conclude the investigation.

We want to thank law enforcement, the media, and the community for all of the help and support they have given so far.

The offense against Steve LaMar on the Megan's Law website is listed as "lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14 years of age." It does not list a date for the conviction. His address is listed as a hotel in Fremont, but people there said he has not lived there for months.
Court documents show that LaMar was originally charged with 12 felony counts of committing lewd or lascivious acts with three children under 14 in March 2009. He pleaded guilty to one count and was sentenced in September 2009 to a year in county jail.

None of the three children was his daughter, documents show.

03-22-2012 09:29 AM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

what item and where??

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office has told NBC Bay Area that they have discovered an item related to the disappearance of 15-year-old Sierra LaMar.

Because of this new information, investigators will be back in Morgan Hill Thursday morning to perform another search of the area around the Lamar home and surrounding properties.

The FBI has been called in to assist in the investigation.

Despite the discovery, the sheriff's office still isn't sure whether Sierra ran away on her own or was abducted. The office says it will be releasing more information about this latest development within a few hours.

03-22-2012 11:31 AM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

presser now.
they found her bag with clothes in it, on sunday. near side of road.

cell phone and bag were found within 2 miles of her home.

[Image: search2.JPG]

03-22-2012 01:15 PM

Kip Offline
Mocker

from press conference, on Sunday they found Sierra's purse and I think they said with an a pair of jeans and shirt (neatly folded) in the purse within a couple of blocks of where they found the phone.

03-22-2012 01:17 PM

username Offline
Mod Lite

Ugh. To me that sounds like a runaway gone bad.

I'm a little surprised they found it Sunday but they just announced it. Why LC?

Commando Cunt Queen
03-22-2012 03:36 PM