Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Your Traditional Easter
I'll probally make ham, asparagus, hashbrown casserole and homemade macaroni and cheese.
I'm going to Sallys house!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-24-2012, 12:46 PM)Maggot Wrote: I'm going to Sallys house!

Please stop & pick me up on the way. I haven't had homemade mac & cheese in forever. Nom Nom Nom

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I stopped celebrating Easter when my boy informed me he didn't believe in mythological superpowered immortal creatures whose sole purpose was to go around spreading joy.

Sorry, Jesus. Them's the breaks.
I don't celebrate Easter, I just use it as an excuse to cook a bunch of fattening crap.

I'm also making icebox cake. Graham crackers layered with chocolate and vanilla pudding and bananas. It's kind of a take on Nilla wafer pudding, but my son likes this one better.
(03-24-2012, 05:24 PM)sally Wrote: Graham crackers layered with chocolate and vanilla pudding and bananas.

That makes my mouth all drooly & stuff. It's probably a very good thing I don't like to spend time in the kitchen cooking/baking.

Easter is a sad time for us but my son will get a basket, of course. We will cook a big dinner and spend time with family. As well as, set off balloons.
(03-24-2012, 12:49 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-24-2012, 12:46 PM)Maggot Wrote: I'm going to Sallys house!

Please stop & pick me up on the way. I haven't had homemade mac & cheese in forever. Nom Nom Nom

Me too! that sounds awesome!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(03-24-2012, 05:24 PM)sally Wrote: I'm also making icebox cake. Graham crackers layered with chocolate and vanilla pudding and bananas. It's kind of a take on Nilla wafer pudding, but my son likes this one better.

Is that exactly how it is done? Graham crackers, pudding, bananas & repeat?
(04-02-2012, 11:18 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-24-2012, 05:24 PM)sally Wrote: I'm also making icebox cake. Graham crackers layered with chocolate and vanilla pudding and bananas. It's kind of a take on Nilla wafer pudding, but my son likes this one better.

Is that exactly how it is done? Graham crackers, pudding, bananas & repeat?

Yep, you just keep layering it ending with the grahmn crackers. It not the prettiest dessert in the world, but it's delicious. It's not the same if you use instant pudding though. I use two boxes each of the cook and serve vanilla and chocolate and you can layer it while it's still hot and then refridgerate overnight.
it's Thanksgiving again! i'm making stuffing now and have a bigass turkey. my sons love my roast turkey. hah

what are you all cooking Sunday?

i did buy a leg of lamb and ham to save for later. on sale this past week.

I miss my family today. Freakin' holidays. 84
Duchess,

You are not alone - I know that's a great consolation! My son who lives the farthest away lives in San Francisco with his wife......before that Manhattan for 9 years. Raised my boys to be independent, but I know now that I overdid it. :(
I miss my family too.