Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Charles Manson - Up for Parole / DENIED
Quote:Lady Cop Wrote: damn CA is a bunch of wussies anyway. look at current death row...why is that filthy fucker richard allen davis still alive?? let's get on with it CA, you are costing your citizens a LOT of money that they could spend on fruit and nut festivals.

Still kills me that a police officer actually helped Allen to get his car going, likely with Polly Klaas hidden inside. Not the officer's fault, just such an "if only" situation. Love me some Marc Klaas and what he's done to help family members bite the bullet and rule themselves out as suspects right away and to support victims' families. (However, he pissed me off initially supporting Billie Dunn - that didn't last long though.)

Quote:Adub Wrote: The prison industry here in CA is huge. Lots of good paying jobs. We've got to keep the head count up to keep the industry growing.

Crazy to think that when Polly was taken from her home and murdered, I didn't even have the internet. Was Nancy Grace even around back then? I know I had cable, but not much.

I think you're right about economy and employment being a factor. To be perfectly honest, I have my issues with the death penalty in general and would rather pay the fucking taxes (and support the industry) than to see someone wrongfully executed. But, with DNA evidence now more common and advanced (or in cases where all circumstantial evidence and a solid/verified confession exists), I'm less tentative about the DP than I was in the past.

Manson, Davis and Alcala - better they be dead than we CA residents support their sorry ass existences, in my opinion. Even if it meant one less correctional officer employed; some new POSs would come along and fill the void anyway.

I read Helter Skelter when I was 13 or 14. I read all kinds of stuff and like horror books and movies a lot. I remember being up with a flash light and scared reading it in the wee hours on a school night. The Silence of the Lambs and The Exorcist were also books that truly scared me, but they were fiction, much less scary than real life evil.

Quote:Donovan Wrote: Manson was and is a construct: a boogeyman they hold up every now and then to scare people into thinking the government is out to protect us from evil.

We've seen a lot of scary fucks since Manson. He's widely regarded as an evil joke since the documentaries and interviews over the years showed that he was merely a weak, manipulative, power trippin', drug-addicting con man of vulnerable teenagers.

He's not paraded out these days and not allowed to do interviews. I disagree that the government puts him out there as a bogeyman. Maybe up til about 20 years ago, but we've come a long way in producing sicker and more twisted fucks since then (not to minimize the evil of Manson - just to say that he's not been in a league of his own for quite some time).

We're only hearing about him now and seeing this new photo because he's up for parole again; he's a stain to most people except for the nutjob serial killer groupies, in my opinion. CNN pushed and won the fight to get the updated photo - he is still news, I'll give you that. Infamous and a symbol of evil, yes. Paraded as a scary modern day bogeyman by the government or anyone who watches the news or follows crime stories today, nah. My opinion only.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charles Manson - Up for Parole (Again) - by HairOfTheDog - 04-08-2012, 07:35 PM