Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Portia Atwell, 8. Amber Alert W.VA. found safe
BREAKING NEWS: Amber Alert Issued for 8-Year-Old Girl

(note 2 different spellings of her name)

MERCER COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- An amber alert has been issued for an 8-year-old girl.

West Virginia State Police are searching for a white Jeep Cherokee Laredo with gray trim. The license plate number is 6C3202. It was last seen in Mercer County.

Police say the driver is the father of the girl.
Tracy Lee Atwell is 49. Police say he is a possible homicide suspect and could be armed with a 357 Magnum.

Tracy is 6"2, 180 pounds with hazel eyes.

His daughter, Portia Atwell, is 4" tall and weighs about 75 pounds. Police say she is believed to be in extreme danger and in the Jeep with her father.

Anyone with information is asked to call State Police or 911.

[Image: porshia+atwell1.jpg]

An Amber Alert has been issued for an abducted child out of Mercer County. The West Virginia State Police are looking for 8-year-old Porshia Atwell, a white female, 4 feet 2 inches tall and 75 pounds.

The child was last seen in Camp Creek West Virginia and is believed to be in extreme danger. Authorities are not sure what the child was wearing when she was last seen. Authorities believe the child was abducted by her father, 39-year-old Tracy Lee Atwell. He is described as being 6 feet 2 inches tall and 180 pounds with hazel eyes.

Media outlets report Atwell came into his parent's Camp Creek home, tied them up, admitted to killing his wife and then took off with his daughter. Police say they have located his wife's body, though more details aren't available at this time.

Tracy and Porshia Atwell may be traveling in a white Jeep Cherokee Laredo with West Virginia license plate number 6C 3202. Tracy Atwell is considered armed and dangerous.

If you have any information please call the West Virginia State Police at 304-425-2101 or your local 911.

[Image: web-atwell.jpg]

A Mercer County man is on the run and considered armed and dangerous after killing his wife, robbing his parents and abducting his eight-year-old daughter, State Police said Thursday evening.

First Sgt. G.A. Duckworth told reporters that Tracy Atwell, 38, stole his parents' 1999 white Jeep Cherokee Laredo and took off with his daughter Thursday afternoon. As of Thursday evening, he was still not in custody. Atwell is considered armed and extremely dangerous, Duckworth said.

Officials put out an Amber Alert for Porshia Atwell, the eight-year-old daughter, who Duckworth said could be in imminent danger.

Duckworth said Atwell broke into his parents' Camp Creek home at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday, tied them up, and informed them he had killed his wife. Atwell then took his daughter and fled in the Jeep, according to police.

Police said they found the wife's body, but have not revealed how she was killed. The investigation is in its preliminary stages, Duckworth said.

Duckworth said the parents had custody of the child, though it was not immediately clear why. Duckworth also said police are unsure whether Atwell had any ongoing disputes with his wife or parents.

Atwell did not indicate where he was headed when he left his parents' home, Duckworth said.

"We have a large manhunt going at this time," Duckworth said.

The Jeep was West Virginia plates 6C3202. Anyone who spots the Jeep is asked to contact police.

"Do not approach the vehicle," Duckworth said. "Call law enforcement."

Atwell is 6'2" tall and weighs about 180 pounds.

[Image: porshiaatwell1_t615.jpg?9d74a679772b302c...55e904d640]

:gah: I bet this one ends in a murder/suicide. I hope I'm wrong. His type usually take the easy way out.
presser shortly. remember, this is the same state that has failed to find the Lunsford girl or arrest anyone in that case. for many MONTHS! THEY ALSO GIVE NO UPDATES.

http://mockforums.net/thread-6573.html

see comments here from supposed relatives:

http://www.wvva.com/story/17402751/amber...med-father

PRINCETON (WVVA) - Police have identified the victim in Thursday's slaying in the Rock area.

Police said Christina Marie Atwell, 33, was found dead Thursday at a home on Browning School Road. The information was released in a news conference at the State Police barracks Thursday morning.

Police would not comment on how Atwell was killed.

Police believe Atwell was killed by her husband, Tracey Atwell, before he allegedly kidnapped their daughter, Porshia from her grandparents' home in the Camp Creek area.

Tracey Atwell remains at large and Amber Alert remains in effect for 8-year-old Porchia Atwell.

murdered mother
Charge Type: Felon
click for mugshot:
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Christina...x=66&ty=59

[Image: 120413120807_Amber%20Alert.jpg]

now we have the THIRD spelling of the child's name, on nancy grace's blog---->

Urgent: Amber Alert Issued for Missing 8-year-old Porsche Atwell

Porshia

Portia

Porsche like the car.

you would think someone would bother to get it right.

new photo. and SPELLING #4!! BACKWOODS ASSHOLES.

MERCER COUNTY, WV (WTVR)

Police believe the father of Porshe Atwell kidnapped her after killing her mother and tying up her grandparents in Mercer County, yesterday afternoon.

dead mom and daddy who is on the run druggie/junkies. he didn't kill his parents, only tied them up and robbed them...maybe he'll let the child live.

[Image: missing-girl1.jpg]

Is it me or does this child look like a drug addict?
She does not look like any addict i have seen and she has teeth. Looks like a skinny young girl to me.
another photo of dead mother:
(link to mugshot in post 4)

[Image: 17410152_BG2.jpg]

Christina Atwell was found dead at a residence in the Rock area of Mercer County Thursday and her remains have been sent to the West Virginia State Medical Examiner’s office, according to State Police.
West Virginia State Police said Friday night that Tracey Atwell called his family earlier in the day and allowed them to speak with his daughter, Porshia. At that time, she was reportedly okay.

Tracey Atwell is still on the run with his daughter. An Amber Alert remains in effect.

search team

[Image: g25800000000000000073c05236f5c5834508bc7...4f1009.jpg]

I'm not seeing it.

"Three great forces rule the world: stupidity, fear and greed."

- Albert Einstein
(04-14-2012, 12:13 AM)d505 Wrote: Is it me or does this child look like a drug addict?

Not seeing it.

"Three great forces rule the world: stupidity, fear and greed."

- Albert Einstein
(04-14-2012, 12:13 AM)d505 Wrote: Is it me or does this child look like a drug addict?

she's 8 years old! if she were doing drugs, it would be child abuse, she's barely at the legal age of reason. of course it IS west virginia, she's almost marrying age.

she looks clean, healthy, scrubbed, normal and pretty to me in that candid photo on a boat. i have never seen an 8 year old drug addict in this country. even in west virginia.

the stolen jeep

[Image: g2581c2000000000000d4ff4f7bba24fe78d17a2...afe710.jpg]

i'd like to see this presser, but haven't yet.

The Register-Herald

The grandfather of the missing child 8-year-old Porshia Atwell and Sgt. M.D. Clemons of the West Virginia State Police made an appeal during a press conference Saturday afternoon for the safe return of the child who has been missing for three days.

Willard Atwell, urged his son, Tracey Atwell, to return Porshia as soon as possible and expressed concerns about her being cold and hungry.

Clemons said this is not a time to think about criminal matters and pleaded with Tracey Atwell to return the child safely.

spellings # 5 & 6 from local news outlets

from hillbilly haven. evidently this is rocket science.

ATWELL'S PARENTS HAVE CUSTODY OF PORSCHIA

and Portshia.

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

PRINCETON — According to police-scanner traffic, Tracey Lee Atwell was taken into police custody in the Spanishburg area of Mercer County at approximately 4:50 p.m.

that's all, no mention of child yet. this is 3 minutes old.

edit: West Virginia

The Amber Alert for Porshia Atwell has been canceled.

Troopers say she was found safe and her father, Tracey Atwell, is in custody.

good to know she is safe and unharmed.
I'm so glad she's safe
Safe is a relative term. This kid is about ten years from a drug habit and a series of dimly lit dance stages equipped with poles. Talk about having a shit hand dealt to you...
brief video of atwell in custody.

he did not turn himself in, he was apprehended on the road.

http://bdtvideo.com/videos/1351/atwell-in-custody

[Image: Atwell%20Mug%20Shot.jpg]

Do they cut their own hair with soup can lids?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.