Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
6 year old handcuffed in GA
(04-17-2012, 04:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't profess to know anything about children but it seems to me that at six yrs. old & acting out like that she has probably been neglected her entire short life. That's a very bad kid, one who knows no boundaries. I would run away from a kid like that.

This is unfortunately the sad, sad truth. Probably emotionally/physically abused as well. As she gets older, the state (you and I) will spend thousands of $$$ taking care of her and others like her, because the dregs of society keep breeding.

It's a never-ending cycle.
(04-17-2012, 03:45 PM)Disciple Wrote: Or just keep calling the cops. Create a full blown sociopath. We need more serial killers.

Yes, the cops create sociopaths. And society creates serial killers.

Let the poor little darling do whatever she wants to do and blame the schools.

And don't forget to wear your hoodie up!
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(04-17-2012, 04:31 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

I don't profess to know anything about children but it seems to me that at six yrs. old & acting out like that she has probably been neglected her entire short life. That's a very bad kid, one who knows no boundaries. I would run away from a kid like that.

This is unfortunately the sad, sad truth. Probably emotionally/physically abused as well. As she gets older, the state (you and I) will spend thousands of $$$ taking care of her and others like her, because the dregs of society keep breeding.

May I suggest that you consider this?

Mood swings (as described by parents) .....Bipolar Disorder......Chemical imbalance.....Extremely treatable when diagnosed........Happens to children in the best of families.

The aberrant behavior is not necessarily indicative of of faulty parenting.
TWENTY-FIRST Century, people.

Not the 1920s.
(04-17-2012, 04:42 PM)Disciple Wrote:
(04-17-2012, 04:31 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

May I suggest that you consider this?

Mood swings (as described by parents) .....Bipolar Disorder......Chemical imbalance.....Extremely treatable when diagnosed........Happens to children in the best of families.

The aberrant behavior is not necessarily indicative of of faulty parenting.

I hope you're right. I wouldn't exactly call it faulty parenting. More like 'non-existent' parenting.
(04-17-2012, 04:45 PM)Disciple Wrote: TWENTY-FIRST Century, people.

Not the 1920s.

Yes, black people go to school with white people now.

If my kid was an asshole (you can give it a label if you want, still an asshole) and got cuffed at school you wouldn't see a picture of me looking like a victim on the front page of the paper. Some people have no shame.

Now go ahead and blame everybody except the child for what happened. Six is old enough to know how to behave in public.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

I don't see many people treating their children like the gift they are.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-17-2012, 04:49 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't see many people treating their children like the gift they are.

I'm pretty sure the rest of us do. My gift is having a lovely day. Chillin' right now because there was no homework this week. Dog looks pretty happy right now, too.
(04-17-2012, 04:48 PM)Cracker Wrote: Six is old enough to know how to behave in public.

I agree but they have to be taught appropriate behavior, right? Look at the parents. I have a real problem with people like that, I think they ALL should be spayed & neutered, they are fucking up people's lives. I'll never understand why people like that don't care.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Disciple: The aberrant behavior is not necessarily indicative of faulty parenting.

and if the parents don't get a grip on the little miscreant sadly the schools, police and CPS will have to do the job. in fact are forced into it.

(04-17-2012, 04:41 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(04-17-2012, 03:45 PM)Disciple Wrote: Or just keep calling the cops. Create a full blown sociopath. We need more serial killers.

Cracker:

Society does indeed create sociopaths. I thought that you worked in/with the community. You should know this.

Failure to treat mental illness creates sociopaths.

Jail creates sociopaths, such as Charlie Manson, who spent fully one half of his life in juvenile detentions and jail before he became infamous. How do you think monsters like him are made?

Neglect and abuse create sociopaths. Check out Reactive Attachment Disorder.

Treat the illness, not the symptoms.

Otherwise, you're just pissing into the wind.
I have seen kids cuffed many, many times.

Most parents don't know they can press charges with the local police if a school isn't able to stop kids from hurting other kids. Schools are afraid of entering too many discipline issues into the state computer system because they get labeled as an unsafe school because of a couple kids who do shit over and over so they let shit slide with a warning.

Drop a dime if a kid hits/hurts/touches your own child. Let the courts handle it. They will eventually force the kids into behavior management counseling. It's the only thing that really works. Anybody pretending Special Ed is a cure is out of their effen mind.
(04-17-2012, 04:57 PM)Disciple Wrote:
(04-17-2012, 04:41 PM)Cracker Wrote:

Cracker:

Society does indeed create sociopaths. I thought that you worked in/with the community. You should know this.

Failure to treat mental illness creates sociopaths.

Jail creates sociopaths, such as Charlie Manson, who spent fully one half of his life in juvenile detentions and jail before he became infamous. How do you think monsters like him are made?

Neglect and abuse create sociopaths. Check out Reactive Attachment Disorder.

Treat the illness, not the symptoms.

Otherwise, you're just pissing into the wind.

All of those are FAMILY ISSUES. Why do you insist on forcing a family's specific issue onto society?

Most kids with emotional problems have problems that ARE NOT ORGANIC, but are caused by their own family. Don't blame Cracker for that shit. Cracker doesn't play crazy at home. If you have a problem, it is taken care of before it leaves the home. Everybody else should do the same.
(04-17-2012, 03:11 PM)Disciple Wrote:
(04-17-2012, 01:46 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It reads like she was acting like an animal. I would have wanted to use a straightjacket but I don't have a problem with the cuffs.

Duchess, I'm going to stick my neck out and guess that you don't have a special needs child.

I do and I also know what these children can do. Just sayin'. If my son was out of control as this little girl was then the cops have to do what they have to do. If my son was in a rage NO ONE is calming him down. It would kill me , yes. But I wouldn't want my son or anyone else for that matter, hurt. My son is now on meds. and doing GREAT but I HAVE BEEN THERE. The stories I could tell about the BITE BOYS. Seriously, It's sad and a terrible thing to have to go through.
(04-17-2012, 03:18 PM)Adub Wrote:
(04-17-2012, 02:49 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-17-2012, 02:41 PM)Adub Wrote: Maybe she just needed a hug.

That may have been sarcasm, I don't know but I do think there may be a grain of truth in that statement. If I've gotten anything out of LC's crime forum it's that many parents treat their children as if they are insignificant.

We have a little, lovely four year old that has practically become family. She is spoiled. Not by hugs but by spankings. They whip her ass over anything and everything.

And she is a terror. Everytime they tell her to do anything she starts loudly whining and crying which results in her ass getting whooped.

My opinion is that she starts whining and crying because she knows that her ass is going to get whooped.

And her parents are nothing short of bullies.

Maybe when this little girl was told that she was being sent to the office, and that the office was calling her parents, she knew what was coming.

But seriously, this public school thing is tricky. Had staff or administration tried to restrain her they could have lost their job. You can't touch the children, regardless of what they do. Unless maybe if it is toward another child.

And mom and dad say we all have good and bad days.....

They can restrain here in the BITE classroom. Fact.
Milledgeville has a population of ~18K as of the 2000 census. Small cities usually don't have mental health professionals hiding behind every tree. Most Principals and teachers do not have a mental health degree. Their degrees are in education. They are NOT equipped to deal with this kind of tantrum, fit, bi-polar issue et al.

The headline could have as easily read, "Six year old killed in school when plate glass fell on her head." Then we could all sit and gas about how the school should have restrained her and kept her from injuring herself.

Schools are supposed to provide our children with an education. They are not equipped to deal with children with these issues, as they don't have the skills and knowledge for it.

Perhaps the child will now get the help she needs.
If my daughter had *mood swings* at 6, you bet your arse I would be taking her to every doctor around to find out why. Even at 10, gosh help us with puberty comng any day now, I would still not find it acceptable for her to have mood swings without a doctor's care.

Now if one of my daughter's classmates was acting this violently and the police were not called, I would be PISSED!

But such as a lot of society today, blame it on the cops instead of their crappy arse (lack of) parenting! Bet those parents will be hollaring bloody murder when this unstable child does something to them.

<<<<----says the girl raised by one of the best juvenile officers in NC!
Milledgeville, GA is a prison town. It is also home to first psych hospital in Georgia (I think they finally shut that down because it was so bad). Many of the residents of Milledgeville are prison families or families of mental patients and people who work at the prison. Tons of Special Ed there. I have a friend who lived/worked in that backwoods hell hole for years. She thinks Mableton is an improvement. (The Georgia Gang will know what I mean.)
[Image: 193351.jpg]

i haven't had time to search the parents for records. but i will bet you a bale of cotton they will sue the school for traumatizing their precious little darling. they can't teach/control her, but they will make some cash since the school can't tolerate her either.
why should the parents be expected to deal with her behavior or emotional problems? or seek the causes?

CALL AL SHARPTON!

well i agree with the above to an extent . they could have sat her down tried and talking with her or pull her in a room by her self, but i kno that they cant physically touch her . so that be out of the question , i would cuff her to . teach her a lesson this early !!!!! they need to be taught because apparently its not working in the home .. Try and scare them so they kmnow now , not to act out like that .
Blowing-kisses