Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Cake Art
Duchess Away
Administrator

RE: Cake Art

I bought a Wilton cookie cutter shaped like a big snowflake and as I was perusing their line of goods I saw everything the average person could possibly need to make their own work of art. For example, sugar flowers were pre-made, all one had to do was place them where you want them. They have a ton of stuff available. One needn't be an artist to achieve a certain look. Is that cheating?

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
12-06-2017 06:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

cannongal Away
Mocker

(12-06-2017 06:23 AM)Duchess Wrote:  

I bought a Wilton cookie cutter shaped like a big snowflake and as I was perusing their line of goods I saw everything the average person could possibly need to make their own work of art. For example, sugar flowers were pre-made, all one had to do was place them where you want them. They have a ton of stuff available. One needn't be an artist to achieve a certain look. Is that cheating?

I call it using my time & resources wisely. We have a cake decorating supply store near me that sells every part of the cake (including the blank cakes in various sizes) pre made. Sheets of fondant, flowers & other objects, even edible strings of pearls. Sure, I know how to make all that shit, but I've gotten lazy in my old age and would rather pay a few dollars more for the pre made pieces, and just assemble when I get home. It's well worth not having to wash 200 pans, bowls, pastry bags, frosting tips, ETC

12-06-2017 09:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

sally Away
sally

I bought my daughter a gingerbread house kit and I even fucked that up. I should have let her put the frosting on. She probably would have done a better job, but it was hard to squeeze out of the bag so I put it on. I guess I put the frosting on wrong because the pieces are all crooked and the house looks like shit.

So I can't even do that much less make a cake from scratch that looks nice.

12-06-2017 10:56 AM

cannongal Away
Mocker

(12-06-2017 10:56 AM)sally Wrote:  I bought my daughter a gingerbread house kit and I even fucked that up. I should have let her put the frosting on. She probably would have done a better job, but it was hard to squeeze out of the bag so I put it on. I guess I put the frosting on wrong because the pieces are all crooked and the house looks like shit.

So I can't even do that much less make a cake from scratch that looks nice.

the icing that comes with those gingerbread house kits is absolute crap. Technically you're supposed to put the sides together first, then let it sit & harden for 2 hours before putting the roof on, then let it sit & harden for another 2 hours before decorating. What fucking kid is going to wait for 4 hours to decorate a house. Not mine, they ate all the fricken candy before the walls were set.

I buy the giant gingerbread cookies for my grandbrats, and use canned frosting. Works out well that way, and I get to send a couple of pounds of sugar frosted suger home with them hah

12-06-2017 11:03 AM

sally Away
sally

Yeah the frosting was shit, when I piped it around the windows it wouldn't stick and dripped down the wall. My daughter even told me it was the crappiest gingerbread house she's ever seen. Then she ate the gummy Rudolph that was supposed to be standing in the snow, but kept falling over.

I may as well let her eat the whole house just to get rid of it. It's a damn eyesore.

12-06-2017 11:15 AM

Clang McFly Offline
Title Bureau Fat Fuck

(12-06-2017 11:15 AM)sally Wrote:  Yeah the frosting was shit, when I piped it around the windows it wouldn't stick and dripped down the wall. My daughter even told me it was the crappiest gingerbread house she's ever seen. Then she ate the gummy Rudolph that was supposed to be standing in the snow, but kept falling over.

I may as well let her eat the whole house just to get rid of it. It's a damn eyesore.

Just ship it to my office I'll....er....we'll take of it.

Title Bureau, 6 Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12228.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3kzivfaOaE
12-07-2017 12:04 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

These cakes are amazing!

[Image: 484DCBED00000578-5288391-image-a-34_1516363954391.jpg]

[Image: 484DCBFF00000578-5288391-image-a-39_1516364043934.jpg]

[Image: 484DC6B400000578-5288391-image-m-46_1516364164347.jpg]

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
01-21-2018 02:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

It would be kinda fun being the first one to cut into those cakes. I would probably want a head on a plate.

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
01-21-2018 03:04 PM