Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Christine Harvey, 19. disabled missing CO. safe.
Missing Endangered Child Alert for 19 Year Old Colorado Girl
Posted: Sunday April 29, 2012 12:09 PM CT

Code Amber published this Missing Endangered Child Alert Sunday (04-29) after the child went missing from her home in Arvada Colorado on Friday afternoon. Although the child is 19 years of age she reportedly has the mental capacity of a 12 year old. A citizen reported a girl matching her description asked for directions to the library on Saturday.

Christine Harvey, a white female, 19 years old, with blond hair and blue eyes, 5' 2" tall and weighs 130 to 140 pounds. She was last seen wearing black pants and either a pink or blue shirt.

There is no suspect at this time.

There is no suspect vehicle at this time.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Arvada Police Department at 720-898-6900 or dial 911.

[Image: christine-harvey.jpg?w=420&h=316&crop=1]

Denver Post

A developmentally disabled 19-year-old woman, missing since Friday, asked a gas station employee for directions to the Jefferson County Library, before a search for her got under way.

Arvada police said they believe Christine Harvey walked away from her home near the 6200 block of Wolff Street at about 4:30 p.m. on Friday. Authorities began searching for her Saturday.

On Sunday, police released photos of a woman, who looks like the teen, that were taken by a surveillance camera at the Valero Gas Station, 4498 Sheridan Blvd. The photos were taken Friday at 5:44 p.m.

Harvey's parents have confirmed their daughter is the girl in the photos, according to a news release from police spokeswoman Sgt. Michelle Moriarty.

"Arvada Police are gathering information from several Jefferson County libraries in the area to include Edgewater, Wheat Ridge and Lakewood," Moriarty said.

Harvey functions at the level of a 12- or 13-year old, her mother, Jerilyn Harvey, said.

Harvey was angry at her mother when she left home, Jerilyn Harvey said. "She is into art. I had gotten her a sketch book kind of thing where you could practice drawing things they had in the book. She said, out of the blue, 'Why did you give me this book that was so hard?' "

Jerilyn Harvey explained to the girl that she wanted her to have something to draw from. "At that point she kind of got mad. She is a sweet girl, and the next thing I know she is using foul language and I had to go to the rest room and the next thing I know she is stomping out of her bedroom and walked out the door."

Harvey has left home when she was angry before, but she usually went to a nearby park for a short time before returning, her mom said. "She has never gone out and not come back or called, we have no idea where she is."

The girl doesn't understand directions well, doesn't drive and can't take a bus, her mother said.

Harvey wears braces and she was wearing a blue shirt, black pants, and red and black tennis shoes when she left home. She is white, 5-feet-2 to 5-feet-4 with long blonde hair and blue eyes. She weighs between 130 and 140 pounds.

[Image: 20120429__missing-arvada-woman-station~p1.jpg]

i hope she's just hiding and will get hungry and go home. if she's not lost. :(

“She doesn’t have a lot of experience with people," said her mother, Jerilyn Harvey. "She doesn’t know how to act around them.”

“It would make it easy for a predator to take advantage of her. I pray to God that’s not what it is,” added Bill Harvey.

ARVADA, Colo. – The search for a missing 19-year-old Arvada woman who is developmentally disabled continued on the ground Sunday after an aerial search using a Black Hawk helicopter failed to find the teen.

The helicopter search was called off around noon after the crew spent the morning looking for the teen in areas difficult to thoroughly search by foot, such as trails and bodies of water.

[Image: missing-arvada-teen-3.jpg?w=560]

[Image: missing-arvada-teen-7.jpg?w=560]

interview with parents.

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?...1194353001

well we know she's alive anyway.

there were no updates anywhere this morning! finally a reporter emailed this back to me, Denver Post:

A developmentally disabled teen who walked away from her Arvada home last week showed up at her high school this morning, but left with an unknown male when she learned the school was closed today.

Authorities have been searching for Christine Harvey, 19, since Saturday — one day after she became angry with her mother and left their home near the 6200 block of Wolff Street.

and i got this:

ABC7

DENVER -- Arvada police said Monday that a developmentally disabled teenager missing since Friday was spotted at her high school Monday morning.

Authorities have been looking for Christine Harvey around her Arvada home since Friday afternoon.

Arvada police received a tip that Harvey was seen around 7:10 a.m. outside Westminster High School, said Sgt. Michelle Moriarty. Westminster High is closed today for an in-school service day. Moriarty said Harvey asked a school employee if there was school today, and the employee told her no.

The employee asked Harvey if she was “Christine” and she replied yes, Moriarty said. The employee then asked Harvey to come inside the school, but she walked away and got into a pickup truck being driven by a man, Moriarty said.

Police are now looking for the vehicle described as a small, two-door, red pickup truck. Harvey was last seen wearing a long-sleeved yellow shirt with flowers and a loose-fitting white skirt.

thankfully.

ARVADA - Arvada Police say they have found a developmentally disabled teen who went missing on Friday safe at a grocery store.

Officers say a citizen called police after seeing Christine Harvey at a King Soopers near 80th Avenue and Sheridan Boulevard on Monday afternoon. Police say the teen is fine and is talking to police.

9NEWS is headed to the scene and will update this story with new information as it becomes available.

Yay! This is great news. I'm so glad she is ok.
this could have turned out much worse.

dad and girl
[Image: 34295199001_1614594456001_vs-1614566495001.jpg]

Christine Harvey disappeared on Friday evening. According to Police, Harvey met a drunk man and decided to befriend him.

Police say the man took care of Harvey and gave her shelter over the weekend. They say the man had no idea Christine was missing. He told investigators he doesn't watch the television or the news and that he only watches movies.