Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2 dead. 2 girls free. mayes dead. it's over.
ok, he's on 10 most wanted.

reward up to $175,000.

no cause of death on Bains women yet.

FBI poster.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/adam-mayes/view

Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution - Especially Aggravated Kidnapping
ADAM CHRISTOPHER MAYES

[Image: image_thumb][Image: image_thumb][Image: image_thumb]

Retouched photograph Retouched photograph

Multimedia: Images
Aliases:
Paco Rodrigass, Christopher Zachery Wylde
DESCRIPTION
Date(s) of Birth Used: September 2, 1976
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 175 to 235 pounds
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Sex: Male
Race: White

Remarks: Mayes may have changed his physical appearance by growing a beard or cutting his hair.

CAUTION
Adam Christopher Mayes is wanted in connection with the alleged kidnapping of four female victims from Whiteville, Tennessee, on April 27, 2012. Two of the victims were later found deceased in Guntown, Mississippi.
REWARD
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $100,000 for information leading directly to the arrest of Adam Mayes.
SHOULD BE CONSIDERED ARMED AND DANGEROUS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.

Field Office: Memphis

May 2012

Wow!! I hope someone spots him soon.

They probably won't release the cause of Death for a while do you think?

Let me get this straight, he kidnapped all 4 (with his wife present) killed the mother right in the garage at her home, and the eldest daughter at the home too, then they took the dead bodies and the two youngest and drove to MS, where they buried mum and daughter? Were those girls stuck sitting with their dead mother and sibling? Oh my goodness, what they must be going through right now, this is truly awful.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

(05-09-2012, 02:35 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Shit. If I had a family member or members involved in this bullshit I wouldn't come out & speak to you people either. He doesn't owe the public any comment at all.

I don't think he owes the public any comments or explanations, but frequently in these type of situations, LE has a parent make a personal plea to the abductor. It would seem to be especially appropriate in this situation where the abductor and the father reportedly had a good relationship. I find it interesting that LE's not having the dad do this.
probably was aiding the fucker.

4:18 p.m. - A man named Richard Norman who lives in Union County near the home Adam Mayes was living in was taken into custody by U.S. Marshals according to a neighbor. No information available on the charges. No official confirmation of this at this time. More as it is available.

djournal.com

he's a convict.

[Image: Richard-Norman_mugshot.140x140.jpg]

Name:: RICHARD NORMAN
Race: WHITE
Sex: MALE
Date of Birth: 10/27/1964
Height: 5′ 11″ (1.80 m)
Weight: 170 lb (77 kg)

cow just gave her daughter a motive for murder. duh.

5:29 p.m. - From The Associated Press - Adam Mayes' mother-in-law told The Associated Press he thought he might be the girls' father and it caused trouble in the marriage to her daughter, who's jailed in the case.

"She was tired of him doting on those two little girls that he claimed were his," Josie Tate said in an exclusive phone interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday. In an earlier interview, Tate's daughter Bobbi Booth said Teresa Mayes suspected her husband was having an affair with Jo Ann Bain.

Authorities refused to comment on the motive for the April 27 slayings and abductions at a Wednesday news conference.

djournal.com

FBI presser

[Image: EYFQ_video_thumb_IMG_15511.jpg]

I may be reading this wrong (it's all so confusing) but I think all four were alive and moved in the U-Haul and Jo Ann and Adrienne (sp) were murdered in Mississippi.

LC, what does "gone to ground" mean?

I can't believe no vehicle description is out. Certainly Mayes family must know what car or truck he took off in.
he killed them in their own home in Tenn. pics on prior page. then they took bodies in u-haul and 2 living girls (we hope) to MS and buried them.

'go to ground' is that he is probably in hiding in woods or cave in my opinion (underground). but it's only a guess. if he has a vehicle he could be in mexico or florida or wherever!

God, how is it possible that so damn many people are involved in this?! WTF? A whole bunch of people just up and decide to become involved in kidnapping and murder, on a whim. I can't process that.
(05-09-2012, 07:55 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: he killed them in their own home in Tenn. pics on prior page. then they took bodies in u-haul and 2 living girls (we hope) to MS and buried them.

'go to ground' is that he is probably in hiding in woods or cave in my opinion (underground). but it's only a guess. if he has a vehicle he could be in mexico or florida or wherever!

Oh, my bad. I thought that was Mayes parents house. Holy fucking shit, so that was right - the little ones were in a U-Haul with their dead mom and sister. OMG, OMG, OMG!
Adam Mayes has ties to upstate SC

A dangerous man whom authorities say killed a Tennessee woman and her teenage daughter and fled with her two younger girls in a kidnapping plot has ties to Cherokee County, his brother said Wednesday.

Federal Bureau of Investigation agents and authorities from Mississippi and Tennessee are searching for Adam Christopher Mayes, 35, who they believe killed Jo Ann Bain, 31, and her daughter, 14-year-old Adrienne Bain. The bodies of the women were found May 4 in a shallow grave behind the mobile home in Guntown, Miss., where Mayes and his wife, Teresa, lived with his parents.

Adam Mayes was rushed to the top of the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list Wednesday, taking the place of Boston mob boss James “Whitey” Bulger who was captured last year.

Jo Ann's husband, Gary, reported his wife and three stepdaughters missing on April 27 from Whiteville, Tenn. Police contacted Mayes, who admitted to being the one to last see the women before their disappearance, but he soon fled with Alexandria Bain, 12, and Kyliyah Bain, 8, according to police.

Police now say the killings were a part of Adam Mayes' plot to kidnap the younger girls, the Associated Press reports.

Teresa Mayes, who now faces aggravated kidnapping charges, has since told police she drove her husband, the two younger girls and the bodies of Jo Ann Bain and Adrienne Bain from their home in Hardeman County, Tenn., to the Guntown, Miss., residence.

Investigators believe the younger girls are still alive, but Mayes may have changed their appearances by dying or cutting their hair.

The homicides and disappearances have been widely reported in national media outlets, but little has been reported on Adam Mayes' childhood and family.

Johnny Lee Mayes II, who now lives in Cowpens, said Wednesday that he and Adam Mayes are two of six siblings raised by their parents, Johnny and Mary Frances Mayes. Mary Frances Mayes is originally from Gaffney and still has relatives here, said Johnny Mayes II, 44.

“When we were growing up, we moved around everywhere,” Johnny Mayes II said. “That's why my brother has ties to places all over the country, because we lived sort of this nomadic lifestyle. ... I don't know why.
We lived in the Carolinas for most of our lives. And I settled in Cowpens, and they moved to Tennessee.”

Johnny Mayes II said the family once lived in Texas for nine years, the longest period they stayed anywhere.

Mary Frances Mayes, their mother, has been charged with four counts of conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping.

Mary Frances Mayes and Teresa Mayes watched Adam Mayes dig a hole behind the Mississippi mobile home where the bodies of the two females were eventually discovered, the AP reports. Teresa Mayes' sister later called authorities after she learned of the incident.

Johnny Mayes II has had little contact with his siblings or parents since 1996, until six months ago when his sister, Pamela Bain, reached out to him.

There are reports that Adam Mayes and Gary Bain were once married to sisters, but Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm said that is not correct. Helm confirmed Wednesday that Gary Bain and Adam Mayes became acquainted when Gary and Pamela Bain were married years ago. After their divorce, Adam Mayes kept in touch with Gary Bain, who later married Jo Ann Bain.

Jo Ann Bain's daughters considered Adam Mayes an “uncle” and a close family friend.

Johnny Mayes II said his mother and Adam Mayes, the youngest of the Mayes children, had a close relationship.

“She didn't have feelings for any of us except Adam,” said Johnny Mayes II, who described his brother as self-centered, egotistical and controlling, particularly with his parents.

Pamela Bain called her brother, Johnny Mayes II, a couple of days after the incident to tell him that Adam Mayes was wanted in connection with the killings and the kidnapping of the two girls.

“I always thought (Adam Mayes) was trouble and that it was just a matter of time before something bad would happen with him, but I never thought he would kill someone,” Johnny Mayes II said. “I'm still shocked.”

Johnny Mayes II said his relationship with his mother has always been strained, due mostly to her mental issues and mood swings, but he never thought she would be involved in a kidnapping.
“She was cruel as a mother,” he said. “There was neglect, mostly mental abuse in our childhood, but I didn't think she would be capable of that.”

Johnny Mayes II didn't want to confirm the whereabouts of his father because authorities are still searching for Adam Mayes. Johnny Mayes II said his father also has some mental problems and is in failing health.

“What I want people to know is that my brother has ties to this area, and if they see him, to call 911,” Johnny Mayes II said. “He could be anywhere, and somebody is going to have to put a stop to him.”
(05-09-2012, 06:26 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: probably was aiding the fucker.

4:18 p.m. - A man named Richard Norman who lives in Union County near the home Adam Mayes was living in was taken into custody by U.S. Marshals according to a neighbor. No information available on the charges. No official confirmation of this at this time. More as it is available.

djournal.com

he's a convict.

[Image: Richard-Norman_mugshot.140x140.jpg]

Name:: RICHARD NORMAN
Race: WHITE
Sex: MALE
Date of Birth: 10/27/1964
Height: 5′ 11″ (1.80 m)
Weight: 170 lb (77 kg)

This guy's sister was on the Help Find Jo Ann Bain Facebook Page claiming that he was picked up because when they questioned neighbors they found out he hadn't reported to his probation officer in over a year. Seems unlikely the US Marshalls would bother with him over that with a manhunt going on though.
Oh Gawd, that article says it all.
That was a good article, Nina. Most informative yet. What I still don't get is who are the father or fathers of the three girls? If Mayes has some notion that the younger two are his, I guess that means Jo Ann had a relationship with him. I can't believe this couple, Jo Ann and Bain, allowed those girls around Mayes. That tells me that Jo Ann and her husband were also sketchy people.

Marc Klass on and talking about it. I love Marc Klass and John Walsh. That they've done so much good as a result of such terrible personal tragedy always amazes me.
HEY! my posts have been informative from day 1! ahead of CNN, HLN assholes et al even! i have stayed on this minute by minute all night and day. been up since 0200 last night. i'm exhausted. i hope i wake up later to find this guy has been captured or killed and girls are alive.

'night Bed

That was a good reply, LC. Most informative.
(05-09-2012, 10:22 PM)Adub Wrote: That was a good reply, LC. Most informative.

i don't need your damn sarcasm. i'm tired and working my ass off to stay on this.

(05-09-2012, 10:17 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: HEY! my posts have been informative from day 1! ahead of CNN, HLN assholes et al even! i have stayed on this minute by minute all night and day. been up since 0200 last night. i'm exhausted. i hope i wake up later to find this guy has been captured or killed and girls are alive.

'night Bed

Thanks for all the up to date information and your perspective on this, now get some sleep and here's hoping your wish comes true upon awakening. I am so worried about these girls.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

(05-09-2012, 10:17 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: HEY! my posts have been informative from day 1! ahead of CNN, HLN assholes et al even! i have stayed on this minute by minute all night and day. been up since 0200 last night. i'm exhausted. i hope i wake up later to find this guy has been captured or killed and girls are alive.

'night Bed

I was talking about the news sites and articles. Sometimes they're about as comprehensive as the Toledo Blade. hah YOU have done a great job.

I just want to know: What vehicle is this guy suspected of driving and who fathered the girls. I can't believe the reporters haven't gotten those questions answered.
SHHHH! LC is sleeping.