Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2 dead. 2 girls free. mayes dead. it's over.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ds-newsxml

Jo Ann Bain, from Tennessee, and her daughters Adrienne, 14, Alexandria, 12, and Kyliyah, eight, went missing last Friday from their home in Whiteville, between Jackson and Memphis.

The mother-of-three's SUV was then found abandoned on a country road less than three miles away on Sunday....

The Hardeman County Sheriff's Department told ABC they had brought in family friend Adam Christopher Mayes, 35, from Mississippi, for questioning on Sunday.

On Tuesday they learned he had given them false information and issued a warrant for his arrest, charging him with filing a false report based on statements he'd made to investigators about the Bain family....

The family, along with their father, were said to be just days away from moving to Arizona when they vanished....

Sheriff Doolan said: 'As far as we know, there is no sign of foul play. We are not ruling anything out though. There is nothing saying you can't move to Mexico and change your name. There's nothing....
Joann Bain's Facebook page shows some activity since Friday. She even accepting a friend request yesterday.

But, Sheriff Doolen says it's not Joann. He says they do know who it is, and that's part of the ongoing investigation.
Mayes has disappeared. i'd like to know what the relationship was with the mother.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-search-w...6Qg-lJhuSp

I hope maybe she took her daughters and went in hiding, that would mean they are all ok.

[Image: abc_bain_missing_family_jp_120503_wg.jpg]
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

not likely Jez, with her vehicle abandoned. i haven't had time to really look into this case, but will as soon as i get a chance.

I hope the mother and girls are in hiding too (maybe the father was abusive; maybe they just didn't want to move to Arizona????), but the location where the vehicle is found (on a country road) is somewhat troubling.

LC, yeah, I'd like to know about any relationship between Mayes and the mother. I guess it could be something crazy like he was fixated on her or one of the girls and didn't want them to leave.

It also seems a bit odd that the father hasn't said anything to the media. Just read this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5...nd-3-kids/

. ...Bain's husband Gary Bain posted a message on his Facebook page saying he loved his wife and the girls and "Please call or just come home. There is nothing we can't work through together. We always have and I hope we always will."...

Sounds like there might have been some marital issues. If this woman took off and is safe, I hope she contacts LE soon.
True LC, I was just thinking if I were running away from someone I would probably abandon my car too, not on a country road though, doesn't look good.

I wonder what her mental states was, if she would harm herself and her girls?

Kip that post is interesting on the husband's FB.

Hmm maybe she was having an affair with Mayes and ended it and he didn't like that, that could make him a POI and reason to lie.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Mayes has an alias, Paco Rodrigass.

photo is him, guy in background is the husband, Gary.

supposedly mayes is the father of 2 of the girls.

[Image: 253557_215616091794652_100000387883698_7...9796_n.jpg]

Wow this just got weird.

i don't know. from the police withholding what they know, to what little i've been able to ascertain, they either all ran off together or mayes killed them. i can't see any other scenario based on limited information. maybe i'm missing a large piece.

But, Sheriff Doolen says it's not Joann on facebook. He says they do know who it is, and that's part of the ongoing investigation.

that's what is troubling me.

this is probably voluntary and the husband reported them missing because he's pissed.

3 missing girls have been in Mississippi

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says three Hardeman County girls who have not been seen for a week have been with a man in Mississippi.

Kristin Helm, a spokeswoman for the TBI, said late Friday afternoon authorities are trying to locate the three sisters. She said there is no evidence of a crime.

An endangered child alert issued for 14-year-old Adrienne Bain, 12-year-old Alexandria Bain and 8-year-old Kyliyah Bain said they may be accompanied by their mother, Jo Ann Bain.

Helm said they have been with Adam Mayes, who was last seen in Guntown, Miss., on Tuesday. He has a warrant on file in Hardeman County for false report stemming from information he gave investigators about the case.
now there is an Amber Alert for the girls. see it here, with photos and descriptions:

http://www.tbi.tn.gov/amber_alert_photos...lert.shtml

[Image: 120505074540-tennessee-amber-alert-split-story-top.jpg]

this changes the scenario:

(CNN) -- Three Tennessee sisters "may be in extreme danger" after allegedly being abducted late last month by their mother and a man possibly carrying a gun, the state bureau of investigation said Saturday.

An Amber Alert was issued Saturday for the siblings -- 14-year-old Adrienne Bain, 12-year-old Alexandra Bain and 8-year-old Kyliyah Bain. They were last seen April 27 in Whiteville, a town of about 4,600 people in western Tennessee.

The possibly armed male suspect, Adam Mayes, cut his own hair and may have done the same to the three children, according to the Amber Alert from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. The 35-year-old man -- who has blue eyes and brown hair, weighs about 175 pounds and stands 6 feet, 3 inches tall -- was last seen May 1 in Guntown, Mississippi.

Authorities also describe the children's mother, 31-year-old Jo Ann Bain, as a suspect.

The suspects and children may be en route to Arizona or Mississippi, according to the Amber Alert. Mayes has connections to Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida.

So they think Mayes and the mother abducted the children??? You wouldn't think Mayes would need a gun for that. And if a parent chooses to go out of town with his or her children without informing the other parent - is that automatically an abduction? Or at what point does it become an abduction.
i simply don't know yet what changed the dynamics.

And it gets weirder....unidentified bodies found (not the mother or girls)

Two bodies found amid kidnapping investigation

Two bodies discovered at Mississippi residences Friday have not yet been tied to a kidnapping investigation in Tennessee because those bodies have not yet been identified....The two unidentified bodies were found as the result of search warrants by the Memphis FBI to residences in Mississippi.
your link didn't work, try previewing first. Smiley_emoticons_smile

WREG

oh shit. now we know what changed.

(Jackson, TN) The FBI has announced two bodies have been found at the home of Adam Mayes in Guntown, MS.

The bodies were found Friday after a search warrant was executed.

The bodies have not been identified yet.

Mayes is wanted for the disappearance of three girls and their mother from Hardeman County.

Investigators now say Adrienne, Alexandria and Kyliyah Bain may be in extreme danger.

The children and their mother were last seen on April 27.

A Tennessee Endangered Child Alert was issued for the girls yesterday.

The FBI and USMS are offering a reward of up to $50,000.00 for information that leads to the location of the missing victims and the arrest of Adam Mayes.

From the TBI & FBI:

seems to be best reporting. i don't believe victims not IDed yet.

http://wreg.com/2012/05/05/two-bodies-fo...of-family/

Do you think one of the victims is Jo Ann? Is that why they took her off the Amber Alert?

I don't think I've seen any vehicle mentioned in the Amber Alerts.
amber alerts are not usually issued for adults.
she's presumed a missing person so far. could be of her free will. (i doubt it at this point)
no vehicle description out there as of now.

this pic with the girls is from mayes' facebook. makes you wonder exactly what the relationship is with these girls.

[Image: 250567_215615055128089_100000387883698_7...2962_n.jpg]

a little more UK:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-seen.html

I don't do Facebook either, but from what I've read on some other forums, the Facebook pages of family members say Mayes is the ex-brother-in-law of the father. There's also another daughter - older - who is the father's daughter. The two oldest girls are adopted (but they sure look a lot like the mother). The youngest girl is the product of the current marriage.

Consider all of the above rumors.

That picture of Mayes and the girls is creepy. I had wondered if he had fixated on one of the girls.