Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'scuse me while i RETCH
(05-15-2012, 08:32 PM)username Wrote:
(05-15-2012, 06:15 AM)Maggot Wrote: I thought that you could not buy bodily secretions on e-bay.

Maybe not when you tried...

Bodily secretions, like with DNA in them?
I breastfed all of my children. Weaning was hard for the little ones at first. Then I thought about putting lemon juice on the breast, they weaned quickly hah They also seem to really slow down their need for breast milk naturally around the age of two. I do not judge others, but I feel the age of the child on the magazine is a bit old to "have" to nurse, the child can be taught new ways to comfort him/herself at such an age and also can get the nutrients they need from whole foods, so it really becomes a habit that is hard to break. I think this is what the magazine photo shows.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.Smiley_emoticons_wink

(05-15-2012, 12:20 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-15-2012, 12:02 PM)ramseycat Wrote: What about breast feeding until a child is 5?

At that age I'd call it milking the stupid cow.
hah

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.Smiley_emoticons_wink

Breastfeeding is for infants. In our society that's fairly well defined, and the culture already is prohibitive toward feeding in public to begin with.

Consciousness enters in to toddlerhood pretty easily and early. Breast milk is food. If a toddler is already eating solid food and has teeth it's not needed. There's a fine line I guess between nurturing and incestuous behavior.
(05-16-2012, 09:20 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: Breastfeeding is for infants. In our society that's fairly well defined, and the culture already is prohibitive toward feeding in public to begin with.

Consciousness enters in to toddlerhood pretty easily and early. Breast milk is food. If a toddler is already eating solid food and has teeth it's not needed. There's a fine line I guess between nurturing and incestuous behavior.

Yep, let 'em eat solid food when they are able, part of the development cycle and should not be delayed, imo.

Not sure the extended breastfeeding is incestuous behavior though. I didn't get the feeling that there was anything sexual whatsoever about the concept. Supposed to be an elongated mother-child bonding experience. Looks like selfish "I'm a better, more committed mommy than all the rest!" behaviour, to me.
I think EBF is disgusting and it does border on incest. A 5 year old does not need to be comforted or bond with is mother in this way. If a mother can't find a way to comfort and bond with their child other than EBF, she needs help.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(05-16-2012, 10:03 AM)ramseycat Wrote: I think EBF is disgusting and it does border on incest. A 5 year old does not need to be comforted or bond with is mother in this way. If a mother can't find a way to comfort and bond with their child other than EBF, she needs help.

I don't agree with the concept and believe this Sears guru is probably just another nut job making money off of people who want to be special and different and better than the rest. Always a market. I think the EBF and other extended bonding concepts he propagates likely do the child more harm than good just so mommy can feel superior for a few years. However, I don't see it as incestuous, though I understand and respect if others do.
(05-16-2012, 10:10 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-16-2012, 10:03 AM)ramseycat Wrote: I think EBF is disgusting and it does border on incest. A 5 year old does not need to be comforted or bond with is mother in this way. If a mother can't find a way to comfort and bond with their child other than EBF, she needs help.

I don't agree with the concept and believe this Sears guru is probably just another nut job making money off of people who want to be special and different and better than the rest. Always a market. I think the EBF and other extended bonding concepts he propagates likely do the child more harm than good just so mommy can feel superior for a few years. However, I don't see it as incestuous, though I understand and respect if others do.

The above post is what I like about you. You can disagree but still respect that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'm not like that at all. I want everyone to agree with my opinion because it's always the right one & the only one that really matters.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-15-2012, 12:02 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Feel free to expand on theat CN. I am interested in your feelings on this. What about breast feeding until a child is 5?

I think breastfeeding is for babies not toddlers. Still breastfeeding at the age of 5 is, to me at least, disgusting.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(05-16-2012, 09:29 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-16-2012, 09:20 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: Breastfeeding is for infants. In our society that's fairly well defined, and the culture already is prohibitive toward feeding in public to begin with.

Yep, let 'em eat solid food when they are able, part of the development cycle and should not be delayed, imo.

Not sure the extended breastfeeding is incestuous behavior though. I didn't get the feeling that there was anything sexual whatsoever about the concept. Supposed to be an elongated mother-child bonding experience. Looks like selfish "I'm a better, more committed mommy than all the rest!" behaviour, to me.

emphasis on the "fine line"... wasn't making a judgement, just trying to reflect as much of it into this discussion as possible.
This one mother on another site who BF'd her son until he was 5 said that she didn't think that he sexualized her breasts. He probably didn't at that age. To me it's not necessarily about what the child thinks, but what the parents think. I do NOT think that this mother was looking at BF'ing her son sexually. However, I do believe that other people would. And I do believe that people that see the Time Magazine cover will see it that way as well.

For me personally, I think it's wrong to BF a child older than 1. By then they are eating real food and do not need the nutritional benefits of breast milk. A child can feel comforted by their mother by cuddling and snuggling up together. If BF'ing is what a child needs to be comforted by a parent, where does that leave the father?

My opinion is that the mother has some issues of her own when she chooses to EBF. She does it for herself, not her child.
[Image: 535076_10150822902498494_309115678493_98...0787_n.jpg]
(05-16-2012, 11:50 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: emphasis on the "fine line"... wasn't making a judgement, just trying to reflect as much of it into this discussion as possible.

We're on the same page; just giving you a different perspective regarding our shared opinion that this is probably not a healthy practice for families. Didn't see you as over beatin' the drum at all. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(05-16-2012, 01:10 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: [Image: 535076_10150822902498494_309115678493_98...0787_n.jpg]

when you breast feed, they say that it releases the hormones, endorphins to naturally increase your motherly instincts...when i was doing it and i saw a commercial of those little babies starving in Somalia, i wanted to go there and have the hungry little babies lined up on each of my boobs...wanted to feed the world with my hooters!
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3