Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
what's for dinner?
It never occurred to me what googling Chinese sausage would do, dirty girl.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I had to google Chinese sausage. It seems that you would have to buy them at a specialty oriental market. What's on tonight's plate, grilled puffin and Peruvian guinea pig?
Well my poignant piranha they sell it right next to all the other sausages in sausageville.
(08-12-2017, 12:16 PM)sally Wrote: I had to google Chinese sausage. It seems that you would have to buy them at a specialty oriental market. What's on tonight's plate, grilled puffin and Peruvian guinea pig?

I finally googled it, can't say I have ever had chinese sausage. Tonight is pizza.
(08-12-2017, 01:36 AM)Love Child Wrote: I am not clicking on those links! LOL Get it, see what i did there? Also I don't think I should just google "Chinese sausage" either.

Oh my!hah

Stuffed peppers, garlic bread & a garden salad. Garlic bread, NomNomNom.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Stuffed peppers can be stuffed with just about any stuff right?
(08-12-2017, 05:34 PM)Maggot Wrote: Stuffed peppers can be stuffed with just about any stuff right?

Oh yeah. These are a mixture of rice, beef and tomatoes. She even made me some with no beef. Yowzers.
I might use sausage, stuffing,onions and mushrooms.
Here's a tip for stuffed peppers, use a finely grated carrot in the meat mixture. It's not really for flavor, it's more to keep the meat mixture from becoming dry. Whatever the hell that carrot does, it makes a difference.
I love stuffed peppers! So good.
(08-13-2017, 01:28 AM)Love Child Wrote: I love stuffed peppers! So good.

Yeah me too. Especially the chile relleno.
Now I'm hungry for stuffed peppers and anxious to try Sal's grated carrot tip.

This is what's cooking for dinner tonight. Peppers stuffed with ground beef, a little grated carrot, onions, diced tomatoes, garlic and covered in Monterrey Jack.

[Image: 6f7165077796a7b15bef185335f1c35cc2f6d20b...x&cs=strip]

This recipe says to bake the peppers by themselves for 10 minutes first, after cleaning them out -- should have known to do that already, but didn't. Now I know why the peppers are usually too uncooked or the filling is too dry.
You can also clean them out and par-boil them first until they're a little tender, but not mushy soft. That's what I do and then I stuff and bake them.
That stuffing would work good in empanadas.
The stuffed peppers are off the menu tonight. I broke down and ordered sashimi instead, been craving it lately. The Japanese delivery place also has 'green stems' -- spicy tuna sashimi wrapped inside avocado slices. So freakin good.

Tomorrow I'll go to the store and make stuffed peppers, for sure.

I will par-boil the peppers instead of cook them solo first Sal...less likely to overcook them that way. Thanks for the tip.
Room Mate made chicken and wild rice soup last night, Way good stuff

Do you take turns cooking, Six?
Yes we do. I like to cook, them not so much. Mickey likes doing Sunday breakfast, so I let her. Kevin Grills now and then, but has been out of town a Lot last few months. Mouse came in yesterday, so I am sure she will be cooking quite a bit for the next 2 weeks.
I have been eating out way too much last month or two, put about 8 lbs back on so I got to get that shit under control, better food, less of it and more workouts.
I test for my Black Belt this wed
Break a leg!