Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
what's for dinner?
Of course you had a damn 5 star dinner. Life is so unfair. Why can’t I find a good woman like you.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-21-2018, 07:58 PM)Duchess Wrote: Of course you had a damn 5 star dinner. Life is so unfair. Why can’t I find a good woman like you.

I had a 5 star 4 course dinner last week at the beer dinner. And even better I didn't have to cook it.

1. Pickled strawberry salad with fried goat cheese, arugula, Brussel sprouts, and pickled strawberries.
2. Scallops with quinoa, lemongrass vinaigrette, and chopped apple.
3. Roasted quail, lo mein noodles, mushrooms,sweet soy sauce.
4.Sorghum syrup cheesecake/cherry panna cotta.

All paired with four different Sam Adams beers.
Sounds decent except for the goat cheese. I hate goat cheese.

I've never had pickled strawberries. Are they very tart?

I've eaten goat cheese and liked it. It tasted like cheddar and it was spreadable. She served it with crackers & crudite.

I'm hungry again.
I've never had pickled strawberries, but I've had fresh picked organic strawberries from a farm in Plant City where they're famous for strawberries. I could eat them until I puke.

We should all be eating organic. The stuff they put in and on our food is atrocious.
(06-22-2018, 02:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I've eaten goat cheese and liked it. It tasted like cheddar and it was spreadable. She served it with crackers & crudite.

I'm hungry again.

No, the pickled strawberries weren't very tart. The goat cheese I had was extra delicious because it was pressed into a disc shape, coated in panko breadcrumbs and fried.
(06-22-2018, 02:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm hungry again.

It's strange to me that you like goat cheese knowing you're all weird about eating meat. To me goat cheese tastes exactly like what I'd expect an old goat to taste like. It tastes like a barnyard.
I found it! I thought it was gone forever & I was sad because LC started it. I'm so happy. KissKissKiss
Damn ate too much food at the clambake. Hot dogs, hamburgers, pasta salad, roasted red potatoes, saudages and peppers and onions coleslaw, fruit salad, a dozen steamed clams, an ice cream sundae, cookies, brownies and a lobster with baked potato and corn. Washed it all down with 2 Corona lights, a Sam Adams Oktoberfests , 3 orange sodas, and a bottle of water.
Mmmm, steamers. What did the fruit salad consist of? I like fruit salad too.

That sounds like a real nice day, Clang. My social life is downright pathetic compared to yours.
(08-03-2018, 07:30 PM)Duchess Wrote: Mmmm, steamers. What did the fruit salad consist of? I like fruit salad too.

That sounds like a real nice day, Clang. My social life is downright pathetic compared to yours.

The fruit salad was melon, pineapple, blueberries, and oranges. 

Yeah and I'm still not done socializing this week. I went to see Grand Funk Railroad Wednesday where I won a signed mini poster of the band, saw a Billy Joel tribute band (The Stranger) on Thursday, and going to play poker with friends on Saturday, and maybe go to Artisanal Brewery for beer and some musical bingo on Sunday.
There is absolutely nothing better than butter & sugar corn from the local farms here. I can eat 4.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Flame Broiler has free Avocado this week and I love the triple hot sauce! You can get a mini bowl for $5.
I tried avocado and I didn't like it.
one time I wanted to see what was in a peach pit, so I took it outside after eating the peach, set it on a concrete block and whacked it with a hammer. That slimy thing went flying out into the street and hit a parked car like a rocket. I wonder what the inside of an avocado pit looks like?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Sally, what's for dinner? I want to fantasize about it in case I'm eating cheese & crackers at my desk.
Red beans and rice.
Raw spinach, cherry tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, cucumber, carrots, avocado, almonds, black pepper and bobs big boy blue cheese.
Mmmm...you lost me at carrots....found me again at Blue Cheese.