Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
Kip Offline
Mocker

RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike

It's hard to tell because the trucks are shot at different angles, but it looks like a gas cap is visible on the driver's side of the truck in this case, and there's not one in the Lauren Spierer case. Also the rear passenger windows look to be a slightly different shape.

The missing tailgate on this truck ought to make it easier to identify than if it had been present.

05-26-2012 01:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

if that is Mickey at 0147 on bike in video-cam, then that lets Brettly off my radar. it means she did leave his house.

[Image: mickey1.jpeg]

05-26-2012 05:13 PM

koko Offline
youngin'

It's really so hard to tell but it looks like that person on surveillance riding the bike has big, light colored hair kind of like mickey's head of curls. Just my first impression

05-26-2012 05:42 PM

NightOwl Offline
Mocker

The first video released at circle K gas station the white truck is heading into a left turning lane at traffic light IMO and then we see on new video Mickey passed by the same gas station, my guess is the white truck spotted her, turned around after he makes a left turn and comes back behind her, he's caught on video again, I don't think it's some hood rat here type because that type of truck requires money to keep maintained it has to cost a chunk $$$ just to fill up with fuel. The truck has a bed cover and they have narrowed in now that it's a Chevy Z-71 so you'd lay a bike flat and slide it under that cover. These details now rule out the other girls story unless this person has 2 trucks, also darkened windows.

"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
05-26-2012 09:31 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

if the owner of that truck doesn't live under a rock, and is innocent, they should turn up at police HQ pretty quickly.

if the owner of that truck is not innocent, they should be shaking in their boots because a state and national registry search of that make/model/year/color vehicle WILL uncover it. or someone will recognize it and report it.

05-26-2012 11:09 PM

NightOwl Offline
Mocker

I was scouting around looking for horse farms near Mickey's home, I found 3 of them and this one Willow Oaks only 12 minutes, 6 miles from her home and this statement was on the website.

"Mickey Shunick has been part of Willow Oaks for 12 years, she started taking lessons at the age of 8, became a horse owner at 12 years old and began showing on the "A" show level at 15 with her second horse Just Jerry in the Child Adult Jumpers and Junior Hunters. Mickey started her teaching in summer camps, there she showed her gentle way of getting her point across to young riders.
Mickey is now a Junior at The University of Louisiana in Anthropology and is training a 5 year old Hunter Prospect "Hey Jude"

http://www.willowoakseq.com/Trainers.html

"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
05-27-2012 02:49 AM

shitstorm Offline
Mocker

(05-26-2012 11:09 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:  if the owner of that truck doesn't live under a rock, and is innocent, they should turn up at police HQ pretty quickly.

if the owner of that truck is not innocent, they should be shaking in their boots because a state and national registry search of that make/model/year/color vehicle WILL uncover it. or someone will recognize it and report it.

God, I hope you're right and they do find the owner of that truck. I've been reading that these 4 door white pick ups are all over Louisiana. Ihope the FBI can do some photo enhancement.

I've been back and forth on the white trucks shown in the stills. The ones on St Landry (by the gas station and where Mickey is seen) are the same truck, I'm sure. The other is on University and the police seem to think it has a cover over the back. The one by the gas station doesn't appear to have a cover. It's hard to tell, for sure, but where all of that reflection makes the tail end of the truck hard to make out, I think it's because of the street light shining into the white truck bed.

These photos, all together, send chills up my spine:

[Image: mickey1.jpeg]
[Image: pic2.jpg]
[Image: mickey2.jpeg]
[Image: pic1.jpg]

Because they aren't all time stamped, it's hard to say if pic #3 should be pic #1. Were the TWO cars at the gas pumps before or after Mickey shows up? Either way, this looks like the truck was following her.

05-27-2012 05:01 AM

shitstorm Offline
Mocker

Here's the route where cameras show Mickey and the truck

http://api.ning.com/files/2ij8pV6kyyr8Wx...?width=400

05-27-2012 06:20 AM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

"pickup truck of unknown make and model"

[Image: bilde?Site=DG&Date=20120527&...arly-quit-]

Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft walks past a banner displaying information about the disappearance of Mickey Shunick

full article at link:
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/201...y=nav|head

As the investigation into the disappearance of Michaela "Mickey" Shunick enters its second week, police and volunteers aren't giving up hope that the missing bicyclist — whose case has generated unprecedented community support — will be found safe.

"I think everybody — the investigative team and myself — feels that it is way too early to quit. Way too early," Lafayette Chief of Police Jim Craft said Friday. "I can tell you that the investigators are here every day for long hours. We've got to force them to go home. ... The longer this goes on, we're not going to be able to keep the same amount of resources we have dedicated to this case, but one week is not long enough for us to say we have to scale back."

Instead, investigators are handling a torrent of new tips and leads that began pouring in after surveillance videos released Friday showed a woman believed to be Shunick riding her bicycle along Versailles Boulevard and St. Landry Street around 1:47 a.m. May 19. A white, four-door pickup truck of unknown make and model is also seen in the video, traveling in the opposite direction, about one minute after Shunick passes.

"We've actually been flooded with information on potential trucks and why they are suspicious, that we should check a residence because there is a truck there.

05-27-2012 10:27 AM

browntabby1226 Offline
Mocker

Wasn't there a white pickup seen in another missing person case of a college student? I can't remember where but she was from NY.

05-27-2012 02:14 PM

NightOwl Offline
Mocker

(05-27-2012 06:20 AM)shitstorm Wrote:  Here's the route where cameras show Mickey and the truck

http://api.ning.com/files/2ij8pV6kyyr8Wx...?width=400

The link for the route doesn't work shitstorm can you put it back up when you get a chance!

I agree with you the first two truck pictures are the same truck. I think the SOB possibly saw Mickey when he was making a left turn at light, he turns the corner and flips somewhere to come back after her, it is very chilling!!

Henry David Thoreau
05-27-2012 02:25 PM

shitstorm Offline
Mocker

(05-27-2012 02:14 PM)browntabby1226 Wrote:  Wasn't there a white pickup seen in another missing person case of a college student? I can't remember where but she was from NY.

Yes, in the Lauren Spierer case. After looking at it, again, I think it's a different model truck. There are a bunch of cases of missing, petite blonds, though, so a connection can't be ruled out.

Here's the map. North is at the top:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=100+ryan+s...1&t=m&z=16

The red pin is 100 Ryan St where Mickey left from (her friend Brettly's house). She went south down Parkside and turned east onto Versailles. This is the first location she was caught on camera. She headed south on Versailles, turning south on St John, going toward W University Blvd. Notice that St John forks just after W Convent. She took the upper part of the fork which is St Landry to cross W University. This is the second location (Circle K gas station) she was on camera. This is also where a white truck is captured, twice, once going in her direction and the other in the opposite. The third picture of a white truck (NOT by the gas station) is on W University, traveling north, between St Landry and Parkside, next to where that cemetery is on the map. I don't know if that's the same truck seen near Circle K. I there are Mickey would have continued, across W University, down St Landry, but as far we know, no more cameras captured her.

05-27-2012 02:41 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

KATC
just breaking

Lafayette Police suspect they have located Mickey's bike near exit 127 on I-10, the Whiskey Bay exit. More to come...

05-27-2012 02:44 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

post 83 ^

if true, that is next to Sherburne Wildlife Management Area, which contains a big swamp.

05-27-2012 02:58 PM