Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
This is Brettly Wilson, dude is a bit weird. Check out his statement under Mickey Shunik, the power the Social Media.

View here

He states, "This is the power of social media. You have the capabilities to bring someone home. You have the...inertia and the initiative to take charge of a situation that has left people hopeless, distraught and seeking for some resolution. You have the chance to extend the information about this young woman, a dear friend of ours, to everyone you know. To every facet. So whoever has taken her has nowhere to hide. We need your help. She needs your help. Bring Mickey home."

While I commend the idea behind the message, his choice of words is a bit, well, odd. ["Inertia" is the resistance of any physical object to a change in its state of motion or rest, or the tendency of any object to resist a change to it's motion.] So he's saying that we have the resistance to change our state of motion or rest to help find "this young woman". That's a head scratcher to me.

I noticed that he didn't use Mickey's name until the very end of the spot. He refers to her as "someone" "this young woman" and "she". Also strange is the fact that he says, "we need your help" before "she needs your help".

I think I found Brettly Wilson on My Space, but am unable to view his stuff since he only shares with friends. However, this is on there: Sorry, the profile of flogthegirl is only viewable by friends.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - by Cheyne - 05-22-2012, 03:08 PM