Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
Welcome Ocean!

I am not casting aspersions on your former friend, but his use of the word "inertia" in the video plea is interesting. Inertia isn't what I would call a "big word" as most people have at least a vague idea of what it means from their high school science classes. But his use of that word is incorrect in the context of his message. Does he frequently misuse words when he speaks?

As for body size, Dru Sjodin was murdered by Alfonso Rodriguez in 2003. Rodriguez is a very small man. He was able to overpower Dru with a knife.

Brettly has lead every part of this investigation.
I dont know this girl, but i do know Brettly.
Brettly is active like this when anyone goes missing, a complete stranger. However, this was one of his best friends.
He refers to her as young woman because he is speaking out to everyone that did not know her...
He is REMINDING them that she needs everyones help.

I am sure LE is leading the investigation, do you mean that Brettly is in charge of the civilian efforts to find Mickey?

Does Brettly help in many missing persons cases? Does he go out of town to help search and put up flyers? Unless there are numerous missing persons in your area?

Referring to Mickey as a young woman does not personalize her to random strangers like me. Referring to her by name several times might make me pay attention to her name and then take a good look at her and remember her.

I can't be reminded of something I didn't know. He shouldn't be reminding me, he should be alerting me to the fact that Mickey is missing. If I lived in the area I would help, but I doubt she's anywhere near the "Big Empty" where I live. However, I will be on the look-out for her and others who are missing. (Isabel Celis, Hailey Dunn et al.)

I am not trying to pick on you, Ocean. I am picking on the language used because that is a habit of mine. Feel free to ignore!

LC I agree with you, I would never allow any of my friends (petite blondes or not) to ride their bike home at 2 am.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - by Cheyne - 05-22-2012, 07:26 PM