Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
Hi, Ocean, so glad you're here and weighed in.

For the record, my take on your friend (sorry, I thought it was Bretty without an 'L") was that of a young kid (compared to me) trying to seem professional (for lack of a better word). That he misused a word isn't indicative of anything other than he's developing his vocabulary and got a definition wrong.

I would not want to be in the shoes of anyone who was the last person to see someone who is missing. That puts that person immediately under suspicion and everyone picks apart everything about them. It's both necessary (on the part of detectives) and unfair! You do the right thing and put yourself out there and the public, who does not know you, puts you under a microscope. I did read that your friend has been tight with Mickey for years. He must be beside himself.

LC, don't you remember being that age and feeling, for the most part, invincible? Her friends and family say she makes that ride on a regular basis. In a busy college town, she probably felt safe with so much activity around. I'll bet lots of students ride at all hours.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - by shitstorm - 05-22-2012, 10:50 PM