Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
(05-23-2012, 03:38 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: my admonition is this...don't carry anything that can be taken away from you and used against you. be SURE of your ability.
don't appear to be victim material.
sorry, but women need to use common sense about when and where to be out and about. whether it's fair or not.

commercial mace/pepper spray is probably useless. sometimes if you get a shot of it off you just piss off the assailant even more.

i don't mean any of this to indicate women need to be passive victims. but they do need to be proactive and sensible. to use reasonable caution.

i do say scream, bite, kick, gouge, scratch, whatever it takes to break away. if you are armed be ready to shoot to kill.

no, i deleted your post 34 that was blank. no video.

It seems almost crazy to think that a young woman needs to pack but I think it's prudent (stand your ground becoming all the more important!). Even living life cautiously, women can find themselves in vulnerable situations (parking lots and ramps, for instance). Thing is, I don't know how feasible that is because if you carry a gun it needs to be on your person at all times. In a case like Mickey, a college kid could go into a bar, spend the night with friends, ect, and then what do you with your gun? You can't just stick it in your backpack.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - by shitstorm - 05-23-2012, 03:53 PM