Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
I know he has to be closely looked at but those kinds of things happen between friends and they don't end in murder! One of my closest male friends, who is still like family to me today, was always wanting it to be more. Brettly has a very pretty GF, now, and she was his GF sometime before Mickey went missing. Still, I know, he was last one with her.

I read somewhere that the HS CCTV showed her on her bike, half way through her bike route. I don't know if that's true, though. If it is, he would much less suspect. If it's not true then it remains a question.
Here's Brettly's Statigram photo page:

http://statigr.am/bwil9891

An aside: That's some of the best looking food I've ever seen. Dunno if he works at a restaurant or is just into cooking. His GF's page also has food pics.

Brettly's GF's page:

http://statigr.am/rebeccaadele
Interview with Brettly (audio only). It's the little player below the two videos -

http://kpel965.com/mickey-shunick-the-se...lafayette/
i'm glad to hear TES will be coming in and bring their resources to bear...including horses and side-scan U/W sonar.
---------

A well-known Texas organization that specializes in missing persons cases has now taken an interest in the Mickey Shunick case.

Tim Miller, director of the nonprofit Texas Equusearch, is heading to Lafayette from Houston this afternoon to meet with law enforcement officials and members of Shunick’s family.

“We’re going to see what resources we have that may be an asset to the search effort and what members we may need to bring there,” Miller said.

[Image: bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=DG&Date=20120523&Cat...h=410&q=60]

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/201...ick-search

I am glad to hear that TES is coming. They have the equipment and knowledge to help the volunteer searchers in Lafayette.

I can't get over the coordination and organization of the volunteers so far. Color coded maps, organized searches, a command post. These folks have gone to the mat looking for Mickey, and done an excellent job so far. I hope that their faith and hard work pays off and a living Mickey comes home.
her sister

facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow

This morning Mickey’s older sister Charlie Shunick was live in studio with the latest info and pleaded for help in finding her sister. Any information that may lead to the whereabouts of Mickey Shunick can be reported to the Lafayette Police Department at 337-291-8633.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2012-05-22-at-5.10.20-PM-630x421.png]

i can't help it, i am looking more intently at Brettly. has he taken a poly?? we don't know.
and why no police pressers??

(CBS/KLFY) LAFAYETTE, La. - Dozens of searchers gathered Thursday to retrace the route thought to have been taken by missing Louisiana college student Michaela "Mickey" Shunick the night she disappeared.

According to ABC News, searchers followed the path presumed to have been taken by Shunick after leaving a friend's residence around 2 a.m. Saturday.

Hundreds gathered Tuesday night in Lafayette to pray for Shunick's return.

At the vigil, those who know Shunick shared stories about her and pleaded for anyone who has information that could help locate her to please come forward, reports CBS affiliate KLFY. Scores of strangers also reportedly showed up in a display compassion and support for Shunick's family.

Shunick was last seen riding a bicycle around 2:00 a.m. on May 19, 2012, according to a Lafayette Police Department press release. Shunick's family says they knew something was wrong Saturday morning when she didn't attend her brother's graduation ceremony, reports KLFY.

presser at 3 PM friday.
something from police now:

KPEL

UPDATE: May 24, 2012: 2:30 p.m. — Police Chief Jim Craft says there is so far no reason to believe Brettly Wilson had anything to do with the disappearance of his friend, 22-year-old Mickey Shunick.

Craft confirmed Thurday that Wilson was given a polygraph test, but he said he could not reveal the results of that test. UH OH

“Polygraphs are part of many investigations,” Craft said, “but we’re not going to release any information along those lines that could maybe hamper our investigative efforts.”

Craft also revealed the existence of video footage from the Taco Bell Wilson told investigators he and Shunick went to the morning she disappeared. In that video, Craft says you can see Wilson, but you can’t see his passenger.

“But we know [Shunick] was there because she told a friend on a phone call she was there, and her ATM [card] was used there,” Craft said. “And you can see him turning in the vehicle, so he’s talking to someone.”

Craft also said they have picked up several items of potential evidence, but so far, none of those seems to be connected to the case. He also confirmed that her cell phone was turned off and that police are not able to get any information about her location using that avenue.

“It’s the type of cell phone that, when you cut it off, you can’t ping it,” Craft said.

Wilson was the last person to see Shunick.

What is it with people that when they tell what happened, you can't really make out what the facts are? Reporters should be clarifying this. I've seen a few people say (online) that Mickey and Brettly were with other friends, as well. I can't tell if they were all at Brettly's house. Listen:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/1650...ey-Shunick

I also read that Brettly's house, car and laptop were searched as soon as police got involved.

I spent some time on Google street view traveling down some of those streets. If she stayed off the main drag then she went through residential areas that are thick with trees and bushes and are very dark.
Snip of a long post found elsewhere:

Quote:Since Monday morning when I first saw the report I thought something wasn't right. I didn't think she ever went out the back door and got on her bike, but I heard something today that got me thinking in a different direction. I was at a store today around 2pm and was talking to the lady running the counter trying to find out about the what the dogs found or didn't find, knowing that if they were using bloodhounds the chances of picking up Mickey's scent would be very very high. She tells me no word on the dogs but there is a woman who said, earlier on the same night, she was riding her bike in the same area when she noticed a green van that gave her a bad feeling. Just before the girl got to a busier section of the road the van pulled up and blocked her way, then took off like something spooked the van away. The store clerk said all she knew was it was a green van with TN plates, and the girl on the bike was giving her information to police. It's been bothering me since I heard this, I've been following it almost non-stop since.
Has the sister and or other family members been ruled out?
There was a missing girl in Tennessee a while back, she turned out to be a runaway. But also, her very recent ex boyfriend knew where she was, as did his mother-and they disclosed no information to anyone. The boy I can maybe understand-but mom I have no respect for her, she is a piece of work.
Anyway the girl in this story also hitch hiked and got picked up by 2 guys. WTF. Fucking scary stuff, and she was only 15 or 16?
But she finally came home and turned herself in.
I tell this story in hopes that this one turns out similarly.
I'm sure the police have looked at everyone - her friends that she was with that night, and her family (dad was out on at oil rig and sister was in Baton Rouge). The late night visit to Taco Bell (Brettly and Mickey) has been confirmed by the police. Brettly took a poly, too, on top of the cops going through his house, car and computer. Mickey was talking to their friends, that they had just been out with, on her cell phone while at Taco Bell. Brettly has not lawyered up. On the contrary, he's been completely forthcoming. All of Mickey's friends and family have confirmed that Mickey rode her bike everywhere and late at night. Her sister said "we" (probably family) told her not to but said that Mickey was headstrong and did her own thing. I was the same way at that age. I don't find riding the bike at that hour unusual (and it was only four miles). Apparently, her friends didn't either. Odds are, it's perfectly safe, 99.9% of the time, but Mickey lost on the odds. I think Brettly is completely innocent and a good friend. While reading around, I've seen people have suggested that if she was abducted and the bike was left in the open that hoodrats would have grabbed it (it's a bad neighborhood around Brettly's). Once her disappearance was made public, no way some hoodrat would come forward with her bike. If her abductor had a pick up or a van, it would be easy to take the bike, too. She may have been knocked off her bike or broke down with a flat. Whatever happened probably happened fast. She never had time to use her cell phone. There are parts of her probable bike route that looked very spooky to me. I can easily where she could be abducted and nobody would see it go down.

[Image: HO_mickey_shunick_pose_120524_wg.jpg]

ABC

Investigators who've expanded their search after combing the area where Michaela "Mickey" Shunick disappeared found surveillance video showing a glimpse of someone riding a bicycle who they believe could be the Louisiana student.

The footage is too blurry to tell whether the person is Shunick, a senior anthropology major at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, police said. The 22-year-old left friend Brettly Wilson's house on her bike last week after a night out, and hasn't been heard from since.

As investigators and the woman's family expand the search, even sending out a recorded plea for help mentioning a $25,000 reward for information, some people in the area where she vanished have begun to wonder whether Shunick was abducted at all.

"What concerns us is, where is her bicycle?" Det. Stephen Bajat of the Lafayette police department said. "If it is some kind of abduction, most people would snatch and go on and not concern themselves with the bicycle." i said that a few days ago

Investigators searching for any clues have found no cellphone, purse or virtually any trace of Shunick since she left Wilson's house on her bicycle at 2 a.m. Saturday morning.

Now Equusearch, the well-known search and recovery group, has turned out in force.

"We're hoping for the best," Tim Miller of Equusearch said. "We don't sugarcoat anything. It does not look good, doesn't look good at all, but we believe in miracles."

[Image: 18617502_BG2.jpg]

nancy grace last night:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/05/24/na...oed-beauty

Jeez, I dreamed about this. Dreamed her bike was found and that two people abducted her. Could be because when I was 18 two guys tried to abduct me.

Brettly said Mickey exited out of the back of his house and headed south down Parkside. That would have been to avoid Congress, immediately to the north, where the area is rough. Here's a Google map of Ryan @ Parkside. She would have exited on Carlin turning on Parkside. Use the little man for the street view and head south down Parkside:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=ryan+st+at...70501&z=18

Jesus Christ that is a really creepy ride. Even though it's right in town, it feels very desolate. From the first leg of her ride she could have easily been taken and I doubt that anyone would see it.
I didn't see that Nancy Grace (I HATE HLN) and wish I had. Apparently she said that police did 16 hours of interview with Brettly. It seems they are certainly doing their due diligence.
presser now:

KATC3 live stream is all screwed up. :( damn people, what else do they have to do, they are a TV station!!

nothing new.

phone not found. have found no articles. no bike.

Tim Miller TES speaking. has helicopters going up. need some luck.

they have nothing, not a clue.

Tim Miller, TES

[Image: 545760_397473686951728_200086846690414_1...0079_n.jpg]

[Image: 25382420456C687356A2D6AD8F66BB46_600_600.jpg]

[Image: 553577_10150946297421969_61662826968_969...0825_n.jpg]

KATC
There are new developments in the case of missing Lafayette woman Mickey Shunick. "Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick traveling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street. At approximately 1:47 am the bicyclist is captured on Versailles Blvd traveling towards St. John Street," according to Lafayette Police Dept. Cpl. Paul Mouton. Mickey then traveled on St. John Street, crossed University Ave. then continued on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video around 1:48 a.m. "Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick traveled on both streets," said Mouton. Anyone with information about the case of the pickup truck is encouraged to call the tips line at 337-291-8633 or Crime Stoppers at 337-232-TIPS.

more:

http://www1.katc.com/full-coverage/searc...rettyPhoto

That's creepy the truck was seen at both places right after Mickey. I wonder what the chances really are of the driver going in the same direction.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Lady Cop, I have a friend with a Red four door dually pickup very similar to this he hauls a huge fifth wheel camper with this type of truck, this type of vehicle you will also see hauling horse trailers. Mickey was into riding horses and teaching little children how to ride, and maybe LE should be checking the farm or stables were she went. Some weirdo was maybe stalking her all along. Wonder if she rode her bike to the horse establishment? Where is the tailgate on the truck?
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau