Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
That the bike was found in water completely blows my theory about Mickey's abductor trying to make some diabolical statement. What that means, imo, is that's he so stupid that he chose the location simply because every other criminal uses it. Being found in water seems to indicate that he did not want it found. It's hard to get a sense from the pictures of where the water is. LC's article talks about dry land and the picture looks like dry land. The previous pic looked like a small patch of shallow water. I know there's a boat launch down there, though, so it's deep enough to boat in. At this point, we don't know if it was tossed off the bridge or driven down there.

One thing I don't buy, which has been speculated, is that she was hit by a drunk. I think this is a predator. If her bike was hit, it was deliberate, imo. Just enough of a bump to knock her down and grab her. Anyone who would do this will do it again and may have in the past. This guy (guys?) needs to be caught ASAP.
What I wonder is if her abductor uses the I-10 to traverse the country committing crimes or if he's in Lafayette and just made the 50+ mile round trip out to Wiskey Bay to dump the bike. Is this a case of abduct at location A, dump evidence at location B and dump the victim at location C? Naturally, I want to hold out hope that he's holding Mickey somewhere where she'll end up being found or escaping from, but even to myself that sounds naive. Not to mention that being held could be a fate worse than anyone wants to consider. I just hope that LE continues to proceed as though she is alive and time is of the essence.

And, LC, I wanted to ask your opinion about something - people have also speculated that this is someone she knew. I don't buy that, either. The reason is that she had just a left an entire group of friends, some with cars. I can't see her taking a ride from a passing friend or acquaintance when she could have had one from one of her trusted friends, just a half hour earlier. She wanted to ride her bike. I'm thinking stranger abduction. Do you agree with that?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - by shitstorm - 05-29-2012, 03:08 PM