Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
(05-29-2012, 08:33 PM)chaze77 Wrote: The more I read the more I believe Mickey was taken by someone she knew. I don't think the person got her to go with him voluntarily though. I think he hit her with his car from behind, and got her that way. I think he had to dispose of the bike because hitting her with the vehicle probably left evidence from his car, and for obvious reasons, one wouldn't want it traced back forensically (I'm thinking paint chips and crap like that). Forgive me, but my #1 suspect is Brettly. He doesn't strike me as an authentic co-op hippy guy, but rather someone who wants people to think he's a hippy. He's very awkward- uncomfortable, even- to watch and listen to. Reminds me of a little kid trying on new identities in an effort to fit in... except he's not a little kid. Maybe she rejected him and he lost it... Maybe she knew a secret and he was afraid she'd spill, who knows, but my money is on Brettly at present.

If it was a random stranger thing, why bother disposing of the bike? The only reason I can think one would do that is if they were so close to the victim that it was reasonable to think the cops would be around to notice. Otherwise, just leave it on the side of the road and go about your business. No reason to take the risk of being seen getting rid of the thing unless that bike could easily lead LE back to that person.

Does Brettly have a vehicle? Any of Mickey's friends have a white GMC truck?

Great post, makes me re-think this Brettly boy, he's a strange one! He told authorities after Mickey left he closed his door and locked it. Your possibly saying he didn't do that right? so what did Brettly do? OK, pretend Mickey leaves on her bicycle and goes left and she pedals away and then she's caught on camera, Brettly leaves his house and goes right and takes some other back route no cameras and catches up to Mickey? Brettly has already timed her route he's got it all figured out in his head.

I think he's smart enough he would know all about the serial killer and Whiskey Bay Exit. If it is Brettly he's done a good job at fooling us all.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - by NightOwl - 05-29-2012, 11:16 PM