Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
(05-30-2012, 11:21 PM)Miss Conspiracy Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 07:00 PM)chaze77 Wrote: There was a person on another forum acting as if she had personal knowledge of this case, naming Brettly as a prime suspect. She lists several reasons he's a suspect, but when I tried to verify any of them, I can't. She states, for example, that search dogs lost Mickey's scent at the edge of Brettly's driveway... can anyone confirm whether or not this is true? In addition, the person states that Brettly was crazy in love with Mickey, completely obsessed with her, etc.

On my own, I wonder if Mickey generally texted friends to let them know she'd made it to her destination safely. It isn't unheard of for me to be out and about by myself late at night, but generally, I let someone know where I am, and when I arrive home. Was she in that habit?

Also, what made LE so certain it was Mickey they saw on the surveillance video that night? I'm not saying it wasn't her, I'm just wondering what crystallized it for everyone. Is it even remotely possible that it was someone else? I read somewhere that the surveillance video did not contain a time stamp, so no one was 100% sure what time the person on the biked was video-taped. Who else was at Brettly's house that night prior to Mickey leaving? I've heard him reference other "friends" present, but who are they?

Sounds like BS from a person that likes to act like they're involved.
If it was a different person I'm sure they would have stepped up by now, or someone would have said SOMETHING. "Hey, I was riding my bike that night too." Another bike rider going around at night would be a local who would be living under a rock if they hadn't heard this story yet and spoken up.

the scent stopping at brettly's driveway somewhat makes sense. At his driveway she probably was still touching the ground there, walking, might have stalled a bit.. before getting fully on the bike and riding off (by the end of the driveway no part of her body is touching the ground, her scent is just airborne by then). Mickey was recorded riding her bike down streets further down.. as much as that person wants to act like they know things, pretty sure that person was Mickey and not another random person riding their bike down the same route at 2 a.m.
Scent dogs track people by picking up the smell of the thousands of skin cells that fall off the body every day. Therefore, scent dogs should be able to track someone riding a bike. Do I know this for a fact? Hell no, but I'll go look for some info.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - by HellNurse - 05-30-2012, 11:35 PM