Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
I agree it's a good idea to verify you've made it to your destination if you're alone. But, realistically, I don' think it would have made any difference in this case. If I had been Brettly, I would have started getting nervous about 10 min after I expected Mickey to call. I'd call her. When she didn't answer, I'd think she probably just didn't hear the phone ring. After another 10 min, I'd call again, and wtih no response would drive possible routes she would have taken looking for her. Not finding her, I'd call other friends to see if they had heard from her. I'd be hesitant to call her family or LE a that point. What if she had a boyfriend she hadn't told me about and was visiting him and had her phone turned off?

Even if Brettly had notified LE 10 min after Mickey should have arrived home, they wouldn't have treated it as an abduction a that point. Even if they had, the perp and Mickey were likely out of town by that point.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - by Kip - 06-01-2012, 05:00 PM