Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Mickey Shunick, murdered. 22, La. vanished riding her bike
off-topic

Alabama girl missing a week.

uh oh uncle

WKRG

ROBERTSDALE, Alabama --
"Brittney come home. Payton wants you baby. We love you. Please come home to your family."

A mother's plea that so far has not been answered. Family and friends traveled from Tillmans Corner to search the woods near Styx River. "This was the last place her phone was 'pinged'," says her father Wallace Hanke. "They found the signal bouncing off one of these towers and we haven't talked to her in over a week. We need some help finding her."

"You know your child's routine. She has done nothing routine. She always calls me and she ain't called me," says her mother Chessie Wood.

Last Thursday, Brittney Wood told family members she was headed to this house near Styx River to see her uncle Donnie. Donnie Wood returned home near Fairhope on Friday and shot himself. Brittney hasn't been heard from since.

"Her uncle has committed suicide and supposedly he was the last one she was with and so we're worried about that," says Hanke. "I'm hoping to God and I really don't think he would hurt my baby," says Brittney's mother.

Investigators returned to the house searching for her cell phone or any other clues. Neighbor Laura Payne says she saw Brittney at the house sitting in a tree swing. "She had the same body type, the same hair and she just sat there. She didn't move or nothing. She looked over at me and I waved at her and she didn't wave back."

A week later and still no sign of Brittney. Her father hopes maybe she will hear their message, "Anybody in the family get in touch with us and let us know you are okay."

Another strange twist to this story, when Brittney left Tillmans Corner she left on foot HUH? for the 40 mile trip to Styx River. Her family is sure someone gave her a ride here and they'd like to talk to that person as well.

[Image: missing_girld3a508f4-095f-4ebc-abb9-ff4b...40_480.JPG]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mickey Shunick, 22, La. vanished riding her bike - by Lady Cop - 06-07-2012, 09:07 PM