Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Gay Marriage / Gay Rights
Gays are a minority yet they get a lot of attention.

The Williams Institute at the UCLA School of Law, a sexual orientation law and public policy think tank, estimates that 9 million (about 3.8%) of Americans identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender (2011). The institute also found that bisexuals make up 1.8% of the population, while 1.7% are gay or lesbian. Transgender adults make up 0.3% of the population.

The percentage of color blind people is higher.

Color vision deficiency seems to occur in about 8% - 12% of males and about 12 of 1% of females. Total CVD (seeing in only shades of gray) is extremely rare.

Black people with tattoos need representation.

As of 2008, there are 7% of African American people who has tattoos. The National Geographic News stated in April 2000 that 15% of Americans were tattooed.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Maggot, How rare is it to be a colorblind, tattooed, transgendered African American? And don't tell me JSMom would know.
(05-31-2012, 10:48 AM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: Maggot, How rare is it to be a colorblind, tattooed, transgendered African American? And don't tell me JSMom would know.

Hey........I didn't vote for him! hah

I'd still like to know why so many people think the sex life (and/or life in general) of others is any of their business. It's not. If I had my way I would wipe every nosy muthafucka off the face of the earth. They don't deserve the air they breathe.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Last time I checked nobody was trying to legislate morality for colorblind, tattooed people. They're allowed to fuck and marry other colorblind tattooed people without repercussions and public outcry.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(05-31-2012, 10:34 AM)Maggot Wrote: Gays are a minority yet they get a lot of attention.

Yeah, from those who are uncomfortable with their lifestyle.
I can see it now. Outlawing marriage between two colorblind people because it would destroy the sanctity of marriage for normal sighted people.

Years ago when I wrote to Senator Frank Lautenberg in support of homosexual unions in my home state of NJ he used that excuse to vote against it, only inserting the word homosexual for colorblind and heterosexual for normal sighted

Self righteous do gooders should be the next to go after the nosy bitches. 78
(05-31-2012, 10:56 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I'd still like to know why so many people think the sex life (and/or life in general) of others is any of their business. It's not. If I had my way I would wipe every nosy muthafucka off the face of the earth. They don't deserve the air they breathe.

Ask Aussie she started the thread.

I'm not personally stopping anyone from being gay, or from marrying a same sex partner.

My statement was simple "as for me and my house marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman".

Ask donoboy why he felt compelled to attack me for my choice, and get back to me when you have the real answer not some bullshit answer.

Gays want to have their choice but they attack others who make a different choice.

In your own words Duchess how is any ones business if I chose not to agree with gay marriage?
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Dick, I don't care that you don't agree with gay marriage or gays in general. You know how I feel about people being entitled to their own opinions. I have a problem with those who think someone's life is their business, I'm talking about the normal, average person who pays their own way in life, not the losers. I feel that everyone deserves to live their life the way they choose & I don't think people can help who they fall in love with anymore than they can help what their sexuality is.

I feel very strongly about people who don't mind their own business & attempt to make the lives of others their business. When I see that happening it sets me off like a freakin' rocket.
Samatter, Dick? Does it bother you to be singled out, ridiculed and some might say even targeted for a personal life choice that you practice in your own circumstances? A choice you're not hurting anyone with? Are people badgering and bullying you to get you to conform to a different way of seeing things? Is that unfair, being that you are an adult, consenting and able to make up your own mind?
See where I'm going with this?
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(05-31-2012, 11:39 AM)Donovan Wrote: Samatter, Dick? Does it bother you to be singled out, ridiculed and some might say even targeted for a personal life choice that you practice in your own circumstances? A choice you're not hurting anyone with? Are people badgering and bullying you to get you to conform to a different way of seeing things? Is that unfair, being that you are an adult, consenting and able to make up your own mind?
See where I'm going with this?

hah

Please continue your tantrum.

Just so you know, my choice will include voting against gay marriage in my state and lobbying other states congress men and women as it comes to vote in other states, your little bullshit melt down has convinced me that gay people are fucked up haters and prejudiced idiots and should be limited.

Not to mention homicidal maniacs.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

The beauty of our country is that even closeminded, backward idiots like yourself have a voice. I would never dream of trying to prevent you from enjoying basic civil rights based on your personal stances and beliefs. I'm not a tea party conservative.

And since your responses to my last couple posts clearly indicate reading comprehension difficulty, allow me to translate.

Game. Set. Match. Motherfucker.
*grabsthepopcorn*
(05-31-2012, 12:17 PM)Donovan Wrote: The beauty of our country is that even closeminded, backward idiots like yourself have a voice. I would never dream of trying to prevent you from enjoying basic civil rights based on your personal stances and beliefs. I'm not a tea party conservative.

And since your responses to my last couple posts clearly indicate reading comprehension difficulty, allow me to translate.

Game. Set. Match. Motherfucker.

Anything not set forth specifically in the Constitution falls under state authority.

If you really want to see game set match that would be it.

You need to get your head out of your ass and realise what real really is.

You need to realize that being a hypocrite wanting acceptance of diversity while not allowing diversity yourself is bullshit and there are people who will stand against you based on that alone.
John Adams

(05-31-2012, 11:03 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 10:34 AM)Maggot Wrote: Gays are a minority yet they get a lot of attention.

Yeah, from those who are uncomfortable with their lifestyle.

The fact that gays are unhappy with a churches stand on their own beliefs enough to incite violence is disturbing.

A Catholic parish in Acushnet, Massachusetts, has been targeted by homosexual activists for a sign it posted taking a stand for traditional marriage. The sign, displayed on the outside message board at St. Francis Xavier Church in Acushnet, read, “Two men are friends not spouses” — a simple and direct confirmation that, in the eyes of the Church, only a man and a woman can be married.

I think that churches should have the right to decline marrying those whose relationships are not on par with the beliefs of the church.
(05-31-2012, 01:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I agree that churches should have the right to decline marrying those whose relationships are not on par with the beliefs of the church.

That is my opinion also. I have a problem with gays trying to get people to think "gaylike" nobody should be forced to do a marriage that they feel is wrong. But these threats continue. Accept it or not but do not try to change people. Both sides are initially wrong in that aspect.
Once again dick. Apples and oranges because no one is trying to dictate your lofe or choices. You lose nothing. You risk nothing. You invest nothing. So the only reason for you to oppose something that has nothing to do with you is that you wish to legislate your morality on others. You know, you should be glad I'm not actually gay. I've owned your ass pretty solidly for the last few days...
(05-31-2012, 01:42 PM)Donovan Wrote: Once again dick. Apples and oranges because no one is trying to dictate your lofe or choices. You lose nothing. You risk nothing. You invest nothing. So the only reason for you to oppose something that has nothing to do with you is that you wish to legislate your morality on others. You know, you should be glad I'm not actually gay. I've owned your ass pretty solidly for the last few days...

You owned my ass because you say so?hah

Fuck off cretin.

My morality is exactly what I use, and it tells me that fags are fucked up.

It goes against what I believe is natural and normal.

plain and simple that is enough of a reason and how you feel about my choice means shit to me.
John Adams