Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LC's Aw Hell File
i need this thread for times like these:
(feel free to add to it)
---------------------------------
Taser2250

DORCHESTER COUNTY, SC (WCSC) -
St. George Police Chief Anthony L. Britt said that an officer who tased a nude 80-year-old woman was justified because the woman could have hurt police officers and EMS crews with her metal walking cane which she was swinging at officers. 16

"We just felt that was the best way to apprehend her and not let her hurt anybody or herself," Britt said on Friday. "There was no other way to get her to come down from where she was at that point."

On May 21, a lieutenant with the St. George Police Department contacted emergency dispatch regarding noises he heard near his home. A police officer responded and said he found a nude elderly woman in front of a home on Gavin Street banging her walking cane on the rail of the steps.

"Officers made contact with her. She was non responsive and quoting scriptures from the Bible," Britt said.

Britt says he and another officer arrived shortly after and attempted to talk to the woman. Some time later, a lieutenant with the police department and EMS crews arrived.

According to Britt, police and EMS personnel attempted to talk to the woman with negative results. Police say they attempted to get the cane away from the woman which almost got officers injured.

"She swung the cane several times at different officers as they were trying to approach her," Britt said. "One of the officers that came from behind almost got hit in the head with the cane. At that point, I just told the officers,'She's in a safe position, just go ahead and tase her so we can prevent anybody from getting hurt.'"

Authorities say an officer who was positioned behind the woman fired his taser. Britt says "she went down" and officers immediately took a blanket and covered her. EMS crews then transported her to Colleton medical for evaluation.

"That was messed up," said Troy Hallman, a neighbor. "They should have said,'This lady's not in the right state of mind. Let's try to get the cane out of her hand and get her where she needs to be.' You got to shoot an old lady? Come on."

"That is bad, that is bad," said neighbor Doreather Green."They could have done something else besides tasing her with that gun."

Britt says he had no choice but to order his officer to tase the woman since he was concerned about the welfare of the officers, EMS crews and the woman. According to Britt, his department has never had problems with her before and in fact saw her at the grocery store the week before.

"I don't think it was fair," said neighbor James Brown. "I think they could've handled the situation a little bit better than that. They didn't have to shoot her with the taser gun."

Britt said after the incident, police contacted the woman's family and said they were appreciative of the situation and were on their way to take care of the woman.

"We contacted [the woman's family] on the scene. We told them what was going on and they said,'Thank you,'" Britt said. "They said they would be down to get her the assistance that she needed."

Officers say the home where the woman was found had three of its windows broken.

According to Britt, the woman's family was not angry about the tasing incident. No charges have been filed.

[Image: 18800200_BG1.jpg]

I wonder if all the wrinkles came out with the shock..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

Cops are usually pretty big guys, same goes for EMS, if they can't handle a naked 80 yr. old woman armed with nothing but a cane they should probably be in another profession. Jesus Christ.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
reminded me of this CA. incident--->
but she wasn't armed with a deadly cane.
just a day in the life...PolicePolicePolice

[Image: ghetto_booty_incident-1.jpg]

Dear God
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Well, it pays to advertise. However, in the case of the elderly woman, clearly she is showing signs or probably already diagnosed with dementia. She needs to be in an aged care facility that can properly care for her if her family are not up to the task. Which in this case, looks like they are not. This situation could have been fatal had she reacted to that taser. I am not in favour of using a taser on an elderly citizen. Seems kind of cowardly to me. You can take her down without a taser. Poor form that move.
(06-16-2012, 06:47 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: . Seems kind of cowardly to me. You can take her down without a taser.
I agree Aussie. It's not like she could have had a concealed weapon on her. But you never know. Best to be careful.
Can't we euthanize him before he moves on to children? Because we all know that's where this is headed...

Teddy bear lover
Truthfully, the problem with cases like these is that no matter what goes down the police face public scrutiny and armchair quarterbacking from people who were't there. I work with DD adults; people who have the emotional capacity and temper ranging from teenagers to toddlers, with the bodies and strength of grown men and women. I get constant training on how to physically restrain people hopefully without hurting themselves or me, and I can say it's damn near impossible to do. ESPECIALLY with someone in a confused mental state. Cops who come to our assistance often have no idea how to proceed, and defer to our guidance when a situation is developing.

But police are trained to quickly react and defuse a situation with the least necessary level of force. They don't stop to ask for age or medical status or how it might look later; they don't have the luxury of hindsight. In truth, if that woman was in active dementia, she could have been a danger to herself or others and needed to be safely contained. The taser was probably the best available option to get her into a position to receive help without hurting her or the officers, the lesser of two evils so to speak.

It's important when we read these cases that we remember not to inject our own grandmother into the picture or assume frailty. People with mental confusion often get an adrenaline fueled strength because they're generally terrified and confused, and they also don't recognize physical pain in that state so they don't "pull punches". I've seen coworkers sent to the hospital by a girl so small you could practically fit her in your pocket. You'd never think she could throw down by looking at her. She's so frail that she gets 24 hour nursing, and we can't even use our regular safe methods of restraint on her for fear of hurting her badly, but when her temper goes she's a stick of dynamite. She's legendary in our agency to the point where it's tough to keep staffing in her house.
Nice post, Donovan.
Donovan is absolutely right.

i have always argued that a taser beats a bullet.

i posted that 1st post because i figured i was going to catch heat for what the police did in that instance. 80 sounds so harmless.
truth is, i almost never second-guess other cops unless they are dirty.
i wasn't there.

that being said, i learned a lot of take-down moves years ago in academy that might have been preferable to tasing the old bat.

of course it shrieked dementia.

(06-16-2012, 06:15 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: reminded me of this CA. incident--->

Damn, that's one nasty chick. Ewww. Smiley_emoticons_shocked

"Three great forces rule the world: stupidity, fear and greed."

- Albert Einstein
If it was a member of my family and they were disabled like that woman who needed a walking cane and they tasered her, I would put in an official complaint. I would also take legal action. Having said that, I would hope that no member of my family would be wandered around like that.

I hope that fragile frail old woman did not break a bone in her state. This conversation would be incredibly different if she had died. She was certainly put at risk. If she has cardiac problems or a pacemaker something like that could have interfered with her heart.

No, on this one, it is power gone mad. It's the same when you see them applying the same force or worse when it is a mental health patient. It's not behavioural, they don't realise they are doing it. She is a little old woman, you just need to grab her hand for God's sake! I think the cop in question is a horrible bully.
(06-16-2012, 06:03 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Cops are usually pretty big guys, same goes for EMS, if they can't handle a naked 80 yr. old woman armed with nothing but a cane they should probably be in another profession. Jesus Christ.

I agree with this Duchess.

They are supposedly "trained" to handle dangerous situations. An 80yr old woman with a walking cane is considered dangerous???? 78
(06-16-2012, 06:15 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: reminded me of this CA. incident--->

Just look at that fire hydrant..........whats up with that?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I lost a Great Uncle to dementia 2 yrs ago. Our family did everything within our power to control and contain him. Six months before he passed, we ended up having to move him 2 hrs from our community for the safety of everyone. Before we moved him, he assaulted 3 police officers, including throwing a female officer across his room, broke his arm and ended up being tasered, all because someone moved his socks.

BTW he was 83 when passed away and weighed less than 90lbs.
We have "Code Blacks" at the hospital all the time, where patients are psychotic and needing to be taken down and isolated. A team is called/paged and they have techniques to take the patient down to control the patient until the patient is sedated or isolated.

What sort of man tasers an 80 year old woman who needs a walking stick to assist her in walking? Don't worry about that cop folks, he shoots first and asks questions later. That one will never be hurt in the line of duty he aint going down for nobody. That is police brutality and excessive force at its worst. If I was a police officer I would be embarrassed by his conduct and the disrepute he brings to the profession. I mean, hardly bravery is it? Give that man a medal.
a little more re: post 1.

i couldn't find a photo of her.
-----------------------------

After being confronted by a naked woman quoting Scripture in the streets of St George, South Carolina, police attempted to calm her down and cover her with a blanket.

But the 80-year-old woman apparently reacted by hitting officers with her walking stick - so they used a taser to subdue her.

One evening last month a policeman was woken up by Ms Brown causing a commotion outside a house where she used to live in St George, which calls itself 'the town of friendly people'.

The senior citizen, who was nude at the time, broke some windows on the house, which she is said to have left after an argument with the landlord.

The officer, joined by three other members of the police department, tried to talk to Ms Brown, but she started quoting the Bible and claiming to be Job.

She was also swinging her cane around, and when one officer tried to tackle her from behind she 'almost clipped him in the head', according to the town's police chief Anthony Britt.

Despite the electric shock, she continued her biblical rant until the police managed to wrap her in a blanket.

Ms Brown has since been sent for psychiatric evaluation, and her family has apparently thanked the officers for their intervention.

she broke some windows, once lived in this house.

[Image: article-2160507-13A5D0A9000005DC-239_468x315.jpg]

oh bloody hell.

situation is ongoing right now.

Police radio reports indicate officers on scene have been advised that if there is a clear shot at the subject they are to take it.

sad! probably PTSD, but they have to take him out.
82nd Airborne and 18-year LEO. damn.

NJ.com
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. — An off-duty Clifton police officer is barricaded inside the house of his estranged wife and is shooting at police, authorities said

The man alone inside the house at 25 Bittersweet Drive in Doylestown has been identified as Richard Klementovich, 42, a Clifton police officer.

Klementovich is an 18-year law enforcement veteran who made $114,560 in 2011, according to state records.

Clifton Sgt. Robert Bracken said members of the Clifton police department are on scene and working with local authorities.

David Mettin, Chief of the Pennridge Regional police department, said Doylestown Borough police arrived earlier this afternoon after a report of a dispute between neighbors.

As soon as police arrived Klementovich opened fire, according to Mettin. One round bounced off the curb and shrapnel struck Cpl. William Doucette in the face. Doucette was taken to a local hospital and released, Mettin said.

Nearby roads have been closed off and emergency radio channels have requested airspace in the area be cleared up to 30,000 feet within a 30-mile radius of the scene.

The Bucks County's Emergency Alert System sent out this message at 6:25 p.m.: This is a message from Doylestown township police. the situation with the armed subject on Bittersweet Drive continues. Police officers are working to resolve the situation. Residents in the neighborhood near the intersection of Windsor way should shelter in place in the basement, it is the safest place. Also ensure that your doors are locked.

Dan Boerner, who lives a few doors down from Klementovich said his wife and two sons are hiding in the basement. He has been communicating with his oldest son via text messages because police are not allowing anyone back into the area. Boerner is currently about a half-mile away.

Boerner said his son told him there were 18 to 20 shots fired. The three immediately hit the floor and sought shelter in the basement.

“My wife is a wreck and my two sons are scared,” he said.

Rosann Marabella, who lives three homes away from Klementovich and is now camped out at the town municipal building, said she did not think much of it when she first heard shots fired.
There is a gun club nearby. But then she heard rapid fire and the screeching wheels. Police, wearing flak jackets, banged on her door and told her to evacuate her home.

Less than 24 hours before the shooting, Klementovich took to Facebook to post an album of nearly 40 photos from his time in the military.

A U.S. Army veteran, Klementovich served in the Persian Gulf War as a member of the 82nd Airborne Division, according to news clips from the 1990s.

[Image: article-2160858-13A8D9CF000005DC-613_634x475.jpg]

[Image: article-2160858-13A8D9D7000005DC-428_634x473.jpg]
SWAT

[Image: article-2160858-13A8DAFA000005DC-694_634x366.jpg]

[Image: 8704910_600x338.jpg]

[Image: 8704843_600x338.jpg]

[Image: 8704914_600x338.jpg]

why are these asshole looky-loos out in the open??
even the helicopters pulled out!

This won't end well