Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
*4th of July!*
(06-29-2012, 08:23 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote:
(06-28-2012, 12:58 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(06-28-2012, 12:57 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Empire State Plaza?

In Albany? Near The Egg?

Love that location

[Image: EmpireStatePlaza.jpg]

Yep, thats the place. I'll try and remember to take some 4th of July pics and post them.
Leaving tomorrow to open up our newly remodeled cabin!! Smiley_emoticons_hurra3 Finally! We'll spend the 4th up there. I think they do a fireworks display on the lake.

I'm spending money like a crazy woman. Getting all new dishes, linens, towels, blah, blah, blah. Basically restocking the place from scratch.
User that sounds WONDERFUL!! idyllic!

Does England have a fourth of July?
(06-30-2012, 05:46 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: Does England have a fourth of July?

sure. and a 5th, 6th, 7th etc. hah
i have often in years past enjoyed tormenting Ninja on the 4th.
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!

^
That one still cracks me up.
(I'm so easy to please.)
you know i was engaged to a Brit for 3 years, and my favorite jibe was why did your soldiers wear bright red coats AND stay in formation, so they could be seen a mile away in the woods??

(06-29-2012, 09:20 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(06-28-2012, 10:56 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: Hopefully the plate in your head wont interfere with the detector.

You mean the metal plate that makes him piss his pants and forget his name for a half-hour every time he's near a power line?

hah
So commanders could keep track of troop movement on the battlefield.
(06-30-2012, 06:03 PM)Riotgear Wrote: So commanders could keep track of troop movement on the battlefield.

unlike the rag-tag farmers who were our militiamen picking off the red targets. hahaha

i'll tell you, Boston is a great place to be on the 4th, it's all here from the Old North Church to battle reenactments, and THE best fireworks anywhere at the Hatch Shell. all the church bells ring out and real cannons fire during the climax of 1812 Overture, it is SPECTACULAR! makes your heart race!

[Image: untitled+%25281+of+1%2529-8.jpg]

I miss that. I used to go down to the Charles for the fireworks.

That and Revere Beach Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
Probably not gonna do much for the fourth, don't have the boy over, I'm working early the next day and I don't much like crowds. I prefer peace and quiet and a certain amount of space, and most celebrations are the exact opposite of that.
We're dead as a doornail for the fourth up here. Everypne is here for the weekend and then checking out...no one seems very interested in a Wednesday holiday, and the Baloon Festival starts Thursday, which is when stuff starts to gear up up here.

I havent decided what Im going to do yet. Waterbury had it's fireworks last night, which was odd actually, our town is going to do what it usually does on Wednesday, but for a small town taking 2.5 hours to get out of a field to go home after a 22 minute fireworks display just isn't very attractive to me. My wife doesnt care though and she has a "thing" for outdoor fireworks on the 4th, so I may be "forced" (yeah right) to go. I skipped the last two years, and have tried every device and mechanic to avoid the long exit time after, just doesnt work, it's what you have to do to attend.

:sigh:
i also think being on a wednesday will make a difference.
i wouldn't go into boston for love or money anymore.
but my son said at the lake at the bottom of my street there are really good fireworks every evening this week, so i may just walk on down tonight. i have been hearing them every night... must be the private homeowners around the lake (called a "pond").

I dreamt I was driving the Jamaicaway last night while there were fireworks over the Charles. The neat thing about the dream was I could smell the summer air while I was driving.
(07-01-2012, 07:26 AM)Donovan Wrote: Probably not gonna do much for the fourth, don't have the boy over, I'm working early the next day and I don't much like crowds. I prefer peace and quiet and a certain amount of space, and most celebrations are the exact opposite of that.

You have to do something. Who does nothing? That's kinda sad.

You are going to die alone if you don't change your attitude. How can you not at least have a cheeseburger or burnt hotdog off the grill? I have to trade holidays, too. No kid holidays are adult time. Maybe take your girlfriend down to the gas station and blow her back up...
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

The 4th of July is race day, it's just another work day in the horse business, that's why I was going to have my pool party Saturday night. However, it's all good because it will the start to a lovely, long weekend.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-28-2012, 10:38 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I'm off for 5 days.

I have a couple of days of metal detecting planned.

When we first were married we got a metal detector because we lived in suffolk, va where there had been a lot of civil war action. Was fascinating...got the usual .. .those lead.bullets from both sides. A couple really cool things ...a confederate belt buckle, a bullet with initials carved in to it, another with teeth marks -poor guy was probably getting an on the field operation...
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
(06-28-2012, 10:38 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I'm off for 5 days.

I have a couple of days of metal detecting planned.

Where do you go and what domou look for?
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
(07-02-2012, 05:52 AM)Duchess Wrote:

The 4th of July is race day, it's just another work day in the horse business, that's why I was going to have my pool party Saturday night. However, it's all good because it will the start to a lovely, long weekend.

You've got the life!