Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
*4th of July!*
(07-02-2012, 12:33 AM)Cracker Wrote:
(07-01-2012, 07:26 AM)Donovan Wrote: Probably not gonna do much for the fourth, don't have the boy over, I'm working early the next day and I don't much like crowds. I prefer peace and quiet and a certain amount of space, and most celebrations are the exact opposite of that.

You have to do something. Who does nothing? That's kinda sad.

You are going to die alone if you don't change your attitude. How can you not at least have a cheeseburger or burnt hotdog off the grill? I have to trade holidays, too. No kid holidays are adult time. Maybe take your girlfriend down to the gas station and blow her back up...
Well I had plans for about a day with my imaginary girlfriend, she had some nonkid time snd we were gonna float around her pool and drink adult beverages. But now I got pulled into some brotherly duty stuff and gotta go rescue my baby bro from some crumbling domestic affairs. Completely hijacked my evening. Sigh. Things we do to maintain order in la familia...
(07-04-2012, 08:51 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: Thunderstorms in our future, so we'll probably be grilling indoors. Family (almost everyone) should be showing up mid afternoon, and I only have to work til 1pm or so. My wife is on call till 7 but its a call in scene and everythings dead here in hotel land until the balloon fest starts tomorrow so it should be an interesting day, people wise.

I just hate the after fireworks exit. 5000 people and one little driveway to get out.

Lot of places cancelling fireworks from the heat and dryness? You still getting displays?
We're going to a friends house for a bbq and then going back home to watch the fireworks. I live by the river so I always have a good view of them from the front yard.
(07-04-2012, 08:56 AM)Donovan Wrote:
(07-01-2012, 07:26 AM)Donovan Wrote: Probably not gonna do much for the fourth, don't have the boy over, I'm working early the next day and I don't much like crowds. I prefer peace and quiet and a certain amount of space, and most celebrations are the exact opposite of that.

You are going to die alone if you don't change your attitude. How can you not at least have a cheeseburger or burnt hotdog off the grill? I have to trade holidays, too. No kid holidays are adult time. Maybe take your girlfriend down to the gas station and blow her back up...
Well I had plans for about a day with my imaginary girlfriend, she had some nonkid time snd we were gonna float around her pool and drink adult beverages. But now I got pulled into some brotherly duty stuff and gotta go rescue my baby bro from some crumbling domestic affairs. Completely hijacked my evening. Sigh. Things we do to maintain order in la familia...

You're a good bro...that's what family does
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
(07-04-2012, 09:37 AM)pspence Wrote:
(07-04-2012, 08:56 AM)Donovan Wrote:

You're a good bro...that's what family does

Yeah, that's what I keep telling myself. I've always been his emergency response team, we basically raised ourselves and each other. Had some unusual adventures along the way...
(07-04-2012, 08:35 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: I'm going to the gym this morning to spot myself an extra 700 calories for today Smiley_emoticons_smile

Yep.
At the Del Mar fairgrounds that wouldn't even cover a single deep fried Twinkie.

:(
We can watch three 'works shows from our roof. Plus everyone being paralyzed with fear because they're on the roof add to the excitement.
I know Oceanside didn't have a show last year, are they going to this time around?
(I can't believe townships really think they're saving an funds of consequence when they lament a fireworks show is outside of their budget.
I always think that statement on their part is a political ploy.)
one of my adorable sons blew up a rocket right outside my bedroom window early this morning. scared the hell out of me. Brainexplode

he's going to PAY! oh yeeeees, i will get even.
Becoming evil

(07-04-2012, 01:32 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: I know Oceanside didn't have a show last year, are they going to this time around?
(I can't believe townships really think they're saving an funds of consequence when they lament a fireworks show is outside of their budget.
I always think that statement on their part is a political ploy.)

What they need to do is let the male prostitutes come back in around Innerworld and the theatre circa early 90's (before the theatre).
I don't even know who's doing shows tonight. In iur area there are a bunch of snobby little town all vyong to one-up each other so they have displays on different days. My town was saturday I think but the main city does theirs tonight.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
wow this sucks...severe storms have rolled into Boston from NH and the State Police have evacuated the Esplanade...TENS of thousands of people! they were told to go into Storrow dr. tunnel. i think they plan to carry on with program/fireworks after the storms pass, not sure yet.

at my house i get a call my son had a heatstroke & dehydration partying all day at the lake with his friends after he had worked all night last night, and was taken to hospital by ambulance. i went and picked up his car, other son is going to hospital to get him. i can hear all the fireworks all around the lake, but kind of lost the mood to go see them.

USS Constitution (Old Ironsides) annual turnaround, fires off 21 cannon salute.

[Image: f89087_ltp070412ironsidestf05.jpg]

You're kidding me? I was wondering about that. First Memorial Day concert gets canceled due to weather, now the Pops? I am not sure I can take the stress.
Hope you all are OK over there.