Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do You Like Apples?
The United States Supreme Court has upheld the Affordable Care Act, known to the opposition as Obamacare.

How do you like them apples, you rightist toadies of the Corporatocracy?

HAHAHAHA!
Why do you like it, leftist pig?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
I love apples. Pink lady if they have them, but I'll eat ten Galas in a pinch.

An apple a day keeps the pointless political complaining away.

Lever and handle.
(06-28-2012, 03:34 PM)Riotgear Wrote: Pink lady

Me, too. Or Macintosh if they aren't mealy. Hate mealy apples.

Poor people don't buy apples. They buy chips. Now I get to share the cost of their McDonald's lifestyle. And I have to sit in the waiting room with them. I think I may need to cut my hair. Not sure how I could get lice out of mine... (Still pissy about it.)
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
i have 2 lovely apple trees. [Image: picking_apples.gif]

[Image: Worm-in-Apple-11.jpg]

Have you tried peanut butter? I know it works to get gum out.

Briefcase and breath mints.
(06-28-2012, 03:32 PM)Cracker Wrote: Why do you like it, leftist pig?

Progressive, honey.

I'm a Progressive.
Ewwwww politics.

Key and paper.
Tell me why you like it.

People who can't afford insurance already have state and gov't sponsored programs. People who CAN afford it and choose not to are idiots, but are well within their rights. That's their choice.

Tell my why you support this "tax" for a reason other than your political bullshit.
(06-28-2012, 04:00 PM)Disciple Wrote:

Progressive, honey.

I'm a Progressive.

Can you explain how the healthcare bill qualifies as "progressive legislation" please give an example of a country where universal healthcare has worked.

Thanks,I just know you have been waiting for these questions and have that info at your finger tips.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I sure hope Obama reads Mock. Then we'll finally get some shit done.

Wallet and flashlight.
(06-28-2012, 04:06 PM)Cracker Wrote: Tell me why you like it.

People who can't afford insurance already have state and gov't sponsored programs. People who CAN afford it and choose not to are idiots, but are well within their rights. That's their choice.

Tell my why you support this "tax" for a reason other than your political bullshit.

A fair question, you lice ridden cement head.

In general, it sinks a harpoon into the Medical/Pharmaceutical/Insurance block that, along with the Energy/Oil and Banking conglomerates, is really running this country.

I can't/ don't have time to answer your question in as much detail as I would like. I am on my cell, cannot copy and paste and Wikipedia has 11 pages listing the provisions of the Act.

It essentially guarantees that citizens will not die from lack of insurance or go broke paying for treatment.

Insurers are prohibited from discriminating against or charging higher fees for pre-existing conditions.

Insurers are prohibited from establishing annual spending caps.

It establishes a voluntary, long term care insurance program.

All new plans must cover certain preventive services such as mammograms (how are your tits, sweetheart?) and colonoscopies (NOT going there) without charging a co-pay or deductible.

And it eliminates that group of people who are "free" to go without insurance, thus costing the taxpayers (that's us) an arm and a leg when they inevitably DO get sick.

Virtually ALL of the First and Second Worlds have universal state-sponsored health insurance. We don't/didn't.

Ask yourself why. Look at the forest instead of the trees.
(06-28-2012, 04:07 PM)IMaDick Wrote:
(06-28-2012, 04:00 PM)Disciple Wrote:

Progressive, honey.

I'm a Progressive.

Can you explain how the healthcare bill qualifies as "progressive legislation" please give an example of a country where universal healthcare has worked.

Thanks,I just know you have been waiting for these questions and have that info at your finger tips.

I believe that I just answered your question about being progressive, to some degree.

As for the rest? "Successful" is susceptible to a myriad of meanings. If you want semantics, go find some sucker to play with you.

And do your own research, you lazy old fucker.
And, before I forget, let me add as a benefit the emphasis on preventive and alternative medicine, much to the consternation of those who get rich when we get sick.
What is zero plus zero?

Pen and hairclip.
(06-28-2012, 06:03 PM)Riotgear Wrote: What is zero plus zero?

ANSWER:

"Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'
You gotta have somethin'
If you wanna be with me
Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'
You gotta have somethin'
If you wanna be with me
I'm not tryin' to be your hero
'Cause that zero is too cold for me, Brrr
I'm not tryin' to be your highness
'Cause that minus is too low to see, yeah
And I'm not stuffin'
Believe you me
Don't you remember I told ya
I'm a soldier in the war on poverty, yeah
Yes, I am
[Instrumental Interlude]
You gotta have somethin'
If you wanna be with me
You gotta have somethin'
If you wanna be with me
You gotta have somethin'
If you wanna be with me
You gotta bring me somethin' girl
If you wanna be with me"
I really enjoyed the [Instrumental Interlude].
(06-28-2012, 04:54 PM)Disciple Wrote: In general, it sinks a harpoon into the Medical/Pharmaceutical/Insurance block that, along with the Energy/Oil and Banking conglomerates, is really running this country.

If this were actually bad for the insurance industry then why would they "lobby" Congress with 5.5 billion dollars to get it passed.

Of course our system is busted and we have to have socialized medicine but it sounds to me that more people will be giving more money so insurance companies can make even more money (and probably at the expense of better health care).
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
4 more years now, is my guess.
Let's just set up a dictatorship, it's the next step anyway, why fucking wait.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams