Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Living in the past?
"Pink panties on your rear view mirror. Beer cans in the back"....

Haven't thought about the Sweeties in years - they were great. Alice was hot and Elena was cool.

And, then there was Sloopy girl

Oh man, I had forgotten the sloopy girl...........Thanks!! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

The Weight was my momma's song

This was mine

Great song, Jim.

Robbie Robertson's still awesome. I wanted to post "Somewhere Down The Crazy River"; one of my favorites of his, outside of The Band. It's haunting and a little dark, in a good way - always makes me feel like doing something that I'd have to keep secret. Can't find an unlicensed video of it though, aside from cheezy amateur ones. Smiley_emoticons_slash

So, sticking with the theme we all had going on here (songs about ladies), here's some vintage "Maggie May".

Edit: Another great song, Adub - hard to stay out of this thread.
(10-31-2012, 10:16 PM)Maggot Wrote: Oh man, I had forgotten the sloopy girl...

Hang on, hang on.

Hope you didn't forget about Jolene too (the little would-be man stealer)...

Jack does Jolene good

(10-31-2012, 11:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Robbie Robertson's still awesome. I wanted to post "Somewhere Down The Crazy River"; one of my favorites of his . . .

"Why do you always end up down at Nick's Cafe?"

I said "I don't know, the wind just kind of pushed me this way."

She said "That Voodoo stuff don't do nothing for me."

Oh this is sure stirring up some ghosts for me . . .

It's time to catch the Blue train.

Hang the rich!
Double post
Adub wrote: Jack does Jolene good
===================

I like Jack. I like Jack A LOT. (Megs okay too, I guess).

Good cover of Bob Dylan's "One More Cup of Coffee".

(11-01-2012, 12:37 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(10-31-2012, 11:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Robbie Robertson's still awesome. I wanted to post "Somewhere Down The Crazy River"; one of my favorites of his . . .

"Why do you always end up down at Nick's Cafe?"

I said "I don't know, the wind just kind of pushed me this way."

She said "That Voodoo stuff don't do nothing for me."

Oh this is sure stirring up some ghosts for me . . .

It's time to catch the Blue train.

Hang the rich!

It just has to be posted. Couldn't find a performance video, but this one with noir images is kinda cool.

I seriously hope you make it to the city soon and extend that invitation. There's a fun little neighborhood dive in the Avenues called "The Tiki Room". Last time I was there, they had Robbie Robertson on the jukebox.

From Tiki, to Tonga, to Buena Vista. Could be dangerously fun. Plus, I'd love to watch/listen to username and Adub throwing a few back around the same table.

HotD, I love Hall & Oates (unfortunately, probably know every lyric to all their hits).

The other day, I had the oldies station on, and they were airing a replay of an American Top 40 broadcast from the late 70's, complete with Kasey Kasem.

The first song I heard played you ask? 'She's Gone'... climbing 3 notches this week to number 7.

That was my best Kasey Kasem impersonation.
The wind.........it just kinda.........blew me in here.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-01-2012, 07:03 PM)Maggot Wrote: The wind.........it just kinda.........blew me in here.

It is here that you will find the answer...

(11-01-2012, 06:18 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: HotD, I love Hall & Oates (unfortunately, probably know every lyric to all their hits).

The other day, I had the oldies station on, and they were airing a replay of an American Top 40 broadcast from the late 70's, complete with Kasey Kasem.

The first song I heard played you ask? 'She's Gone'... climbing 3 notches this week to number 7.

That was my best Kasey Kasem impersonation.

One more for you then, Kasey.

Great tribute performance for the late, great George Harrison. This is the night of his posthumous induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne and ???
Disregard ^^^.

I really AM a moron.