Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Living in the past?
These guys actually played for our senior prom in Bennington

(07-06-2012, 06:52 PM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote:

Nice! Watched them perform this at the 4th of July celebration in Albany. They look alot more badass now.
This one's for Clang

Its a good song. Always thought Lou Reed was shorter, fatter, blacker though. Probably confusing him with someone else.
(07-06-2012, 10:03 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Probably confusing him with someone else.

Lou Rawls? He was great; one of Frank Sinatra's favorite singers.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(07-07-2012, 12:28 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(07-06-2012, 10:03 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Probably confusing him with someone else.

Lou Rawls? He was great; one of Frank Sinatra's favorite singers.

Yep, thats the one.
HoTD, is that Tom Waits in the pic with her? I dated a guy like that once. I was madly madly in love with him. He had another bitch, her name was drugs.
(07-07-2012, 09:10 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: HoTD, is that Tom Waits in the pic with her? I dated a guy like that once. I was madly madly in love with him. He had another bitch, her name was drugs.

Yeah. Rickie Lee and Tom Waits are two of my two favorite writers and live performers all around. Waits wrote the song she's singing upthread, "Coolsville".
HoTD, I was very tempted to put up, "The Way We Were" in response to your "Better off without a wife".
(07-07-2012, 09:24 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: HoTD, I was very tempted to put up, "The Way We Were" in response to your "Better off without a wife".

Hey aussie. You should put up whatever makes you think about the past. No boundaries. Streisand has a beautiful voice.

Nighthawks at the Diner is such an incredible album; every track is perfect, imo. I love, "Better off without a Wife", great writing, funny as hell, and what a deep smoky voice...
(07-08-2012, 06:12 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

^Epitome of cool