Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Living in the past?
I guess my point was he died from drugs.
(10-03-2017, 09:38 PM)BigMark Wrote: I guess my point was he died from drugs.

Yeah, it's possible he died of an overdose or drug-related issues. He definitely was a coke and H fiend back in the day.

He reportedly did intensive detox and kicked those habits many years ago though, with the help of his second wife to whom he was married when he died.

But, people relapse and overdo it and die, and people wreak havoc on their organs from drugs and die prematurely even when they've been clean for years. People also go into cardiac arrest for any number of other reasons.

Whatever happened.........I need to know, I need to know (not really, but we'll find out soon enough anyhow).

Like I said that in that interview he looked like he was on something, opioids, heroin or both. I'm sure he had a blast, but heart attack rings false to me. Rock out with your cock out in heaven bro! [Image: icon_super.gif]
Listen........it don't really matter to me, Biggie, you believe what you wanna believe....

Considering it rang true to you that he burned his house down free-basing, I'll wait for the coroner to determine the COD Dr. Bigs. ")
I'm tellin ya, he free based his house into the ground home skillet!
Came across this today and thought it worthy of sharing

Prince was a musical genius.

I believe he played and recorded all parts for the entire Purple Rain album.

I've read that, for his guitar solo at the end of this ^ song, he didn't even practice.
I guess my favorite was "I need to know" I did buy his album "hypnotic eye" last year and thought it was OK.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(10-04-2017, 08:21 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Prince was a musical genius.

I believe he played and recorded all parts for the entire Purple Rain album.

I've read that, for his guitar solo at the end of this ^ song, he didn't even practice.

He really was one of those once in a generation musician.

His Super Bowl halftime was probably one of the best in recent memory. Playing Purple Rain while it was pouring was just awesome.
(10-04-2017, 08:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: I guess my favorite was "I need to know" I did buy his album "hypnotic eye" last year and thought it was OK.

My favorite is:

You dope, I was talking about Petty not that midget Prince. I always thought he was a chauvinistic egotistical prick with Napolian syndrome.
(10-05-2017, 08:22 PM)Maggot Wrote: You dope, I was talking about Petty not that midget Prince. I always thought he was a chauvinistic egotistical prick with Napolian syndrome.

You sure? An album called "Hypnotic Eye" sounds like a Prince Album.hah

Reminds me of when I was a pre-teen boy and I listened to the radio, liking a song but not knowing the name of the artist. For example, I listened to "Abracadabra" years before I learned it was the Steve Miller Band that sang it.
Just listened to back to back tracks from 1985:

Teena Marie- Lovergirl

Sly Fox- Let’s Go All The Way

One-hit wonders, but still sounding good 30+ years later.

I'm just discovering this & it's my new favorite song. I've never heard of the group and it's damn near 20 yrs. old. Twenty years old. Jesus.

You can play this Maggottyboo.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I like that song too, but I've heard it over a million times. I'm surprised you never heard it before.
He also sings jump around if you ever heard that song. Probably not since you live under a rock.
If anyone is living under a rock it would be me, I cannot even think of one single song that Bouncy does.
(10-12-2017, 01:08 PM)sally Wrote: you live under a rock.

Took the words right outta my mouth!

I don't know how I haven't ever heard it before. The first time was a couple weeks ago and I was in someone else's vehicle, had I been in my own I would have seen on my dash the name of the song & who was singing it so when I heard it again (again in a different vehicle) I quickly grabbed a pen & paper and jotted down some of the lyrics. I had to search for this bitch and finally found it this morning. I really can't get over the age of it and living under a rock came to my mind too. 78
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Jump around was a hit song when he was with the hip hop group House of Pain. He had a massive heart attack afterwards and he says in one of his songs that needless to say he's not jumping around anymore.
Believe it or not, I did What It’s Like at karaoke a long time ago.

It wasn’t my strong suit, but I didn’t butcher it either.