Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Happy Sunday Mockers!
Freaking dog wouldn't let me sleep so I took him out and came back in with the first blueberries and sugar snap peas from the garden. Sweet. Those weird beetles are all over the fruit, so I'm using that Captain's Copper Spray...seems to be the least toxic of all those weird things. Got the very first plump tomatillo too.

When I'm less busy this afternoon I'll see if I can use my wife's iPhone to get some pics...it's getting pretty lush. The lilies are all up and these huge purple things which I forget what they are called..not peonies but tall on a strand. All the flowers are coming out. Going to be nice and sunny today, and the the granddaughter comes over we'll probably take her on a lazy float down the Lamoille.

Hope your Sunday is delightful Smiley_emoticons_smile
huge purple things which I forget what they are called

hollyhocks? mine are 8' tall and gorgeous! purple, and white ones too. like these:

[Image: Hollyhocks%20Country%20Romance.jpg]

I miss having a garden. I'm trying to talk my imaginary girlfriend into letting me put one in her back yard but she likes the open space for her younguns. My place has a postage stamp yard in front but screw it, I hate adding stuff to a place I don't own.
Eight feet tall?!
LacyCop what is your secret fertilizer ingredient?

(Please don't tell me it's ImaDick's threads/posts printed up, shredded, and then planted into the soil.)
(07-08-2012, 11:40 AM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: Eight feet tall?!

(Please don't tell me it's ImaDick's threads/posts printed up, shredded, and then planted into the soil.)

that's just the hollyhock's nature and genes. not any fertilizer! they are still growing too! they really are beautiful, i'll take a few pics later, that wasn't mine that i posted.

Very nice!
I bet they smell good too.

<Insert any ImaDick-one-liner-here>
(07-08-2012, 11:44 AM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: I bet they smell good too.

They don't.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Then proof again God has a sense of humor.

hah I'm going to try that on the roses. The ones in the back yard first, just in case they drop dead.
The male penis is another good example. Why do y'all need a hose?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
When I lived in Oregon we decided to make a garden out of an old area that had once been fenced in. Found out later it had been a turkey pen for years, and all that manure had turned the space into gardening nirvana. Frigging garden exploded, got cukes as big as your arm. Everything we put in there came out gigantic, so much stuff we ran out of people to give it to. Only problem was the soil had a high acid problem from the manure content, so delicate stuff like melons and some plants didn't do well.
(07-08-2012, 11:51 AM)sally Wrote:

hah. I'm going to try that on the roses.

Don't blame me if they die, Roses like acidic soil and i'm way too sweet for that to work.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(07-08-2012, 10:29 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: huge purple things which I forget what they are called

hollyhocks? mine are 8' tall and gorgeous! purple, and white ones too. like these:

[Image: Hollyhocks%20Country%20Romance.jpg]

Thank you LC Hollyhocks it is and they look just like that too. Big fuckers. Just got back for the day. Looked over all the drama (very boring) and am going to go walk the dog while smoking a nice fat joint. Then I'll have a glass of Apothic and take some drunken flower photos.

We've got a kazillion different flowers again but my brain fragments when you start saying shit to me like vulgaris supposerisum etc. so I'll post them and you can edumacate me Smiley_emoticons_biggrin My wife will tell me what they are, but I forget instantly. I just like the pretty flowers, I don't really care what they're called.
(07-08-2012, 11:52 AM)Cracker Wrote: The male penis is another good example. Why do y'all need a hose?

I could never pee enough to keep the soil moist.
(07-08-2012, 01:50 PM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote:
(07-08-2012, 11:52 AM)Cracker Wrote: The male penis is another good example. Why do y'all need a hose?

I could never pee* enough to keep the soil** moist.

*Pee= Make passionate love.

**Soil= Spouse/wife/significant other.

Now I agree.