Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
cutest police K-9 puppy ever!
Heart 
i'd want to be her partner! 75 i love German Shepherds, but look at that face!

[Image: 600]

[Image: 50392_166414653372235_646173389_n.jpg]

orlando sentinel

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office bloodhound puppy will learn her new name this morning with a special ceremony.

Children from the Sheriff's Police Athletic League camp submitted name suggestions last month and those were narrowed down to the top three names.

The public voted via Facebook for their favorite name: Amber, Ellie or Rosie.

The three children who submitted the names that became finalists will each receive a trophy, passes to SeaWorld and a one week scholarship to the PAL camp.

The child with the winning name will receive an annual family pass to the Central Florida Zoo, a pizza party and a visit to their school from the puppy.

The 3-month-old purebred pup will one day replace her predecessor — Deputy Billee, a 5-year-old bloodhound. The puppy will train for 18-24 months and will have important duties such as tracking suspects or finding lost children and people with Alzheimer's.

She was donated to the Sheriff's Office by the Jimmy Ryce Foundation — a non-profit created and named after a 9-year-old South Florida boy who was abducted from his bus stop, sexually battered and killed as he tried to flee his attacker in 1995.

Jimmy's parents, Don and Claudine Ryce, started the foundation less than a year after the boy's death because they believed their son would have been found sooner, and possibly lived, if their local law-enforcement agencies had access to a bloodhound.

Since 1996, the foundation has donated more than 400 AKC certified bloodhounds to law-enforcement agencies all over the country.

I just love a hounds ears. Hounds are my favorite dogs, I even enjoy their baying.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
my favorite on several levels~

[Image: K9vest2.jpg]

Lookit her! How sweet! She looks like a rosie.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
Say hello to Amber.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office bloodhound puppy finally got a name this morning during a special ceremony.

she likely won't intimidate anyone, but i'm sure she has a different function with that nose of hers!

[Image: a.aaa.jpg]

I bet they named her after "Amber Alert", due to the fact, she's being trained for missing children and such. I'm glad they picked Amber, it fits. Bass Ass Grin

ETA~Labs are my favorite doggies.
She is adorable!!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
What a doll. Smiley_emoticons_smile

"Three great forces rule the world: stupidity, fear and greed."

- Albert Einstein
How adorable is she, aww too cute. Love these dogs, and shepherds like LC, and old english sheepdogs, bulldogs, dalmatios, labs, st bernards... etc etc, there are so many kinds i love, I wish i had a big farm where i could have all kinds of dogs.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Amber's friend. hahahaha

[Image: k_9.jpg?w=640]

Amber is cute!!!

German shepherds are beautiful and scare the shit out of me. Not like Pit Bulls but they're very intimidating.
(07-13-2012, 11:28 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: Say hello to Amber.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office bloodhound puppy finally got a name this morning during a special ceremony.

she likely won't intimidate anyone, but i'm sure she has a different function with that nose of hers!

[Image: a.aaa.jpg]

hahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-13-2012, 12:37 PM)Jezreel Wrote: How adorable is she, aww too cute. Love these dogs, and shepherds like LC, and old english sheepdogs, bulldogs, dalmatios, labs, st bernards... etc etc, there are so many kinds i love, I wish i had a big farm where i could have all kinds of dogs.

i've thought the same thing, many times!

Also (the main reason I came to post in this thread) I saw something interesting recently (cant find the exact article I read) about Ben Roethlisberger. Now as a Clevelander, I don't care for the Steeler's QB all that much....but I do like this:

a snippet from his website:

About The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation:

The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation seeks to support police and fire departments throughout the U.S. with a particular emphasis on support for K-9 units and service dogs.

Smiley_emoticons_smile AND THIS!:

Pittsburgh Steelers’ Super Bowl Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Announces Cleveland Area K-9 Grant
January 04, 2012

Pittsburgh, PA – Today, Pittsburgh Steelers’ Super Bowl Quarterback and Findlay, OH native, Ben Roethlisberger, announced the eighth grant of the 2011-12 season from the Ben Roethlisberger Foundation at The Giving Back Fund. The Foundation will be distributing a grant to the Cleveland Heights Police Department near Cleveland, OH where the Steelers will play the Browns on Sunday, January 1, 2012.

The Cleveland Heights Police Department’s K-9 division will utilize the grant to provide for the purchase and training of a new canine, as well as a K-9 ballistic vest.

During the 2011-12 NFL season, The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation has distributed grants to K-9 units of police and fire departments in the cities and surrounding communities of each regular season away game for the Steelers. This grant marks the final grant of the regular season. The Foundation will also distribute several grants to the Pittsburgh area and will consider grants to any two cities in the United States when the Steelers make the playoffs. The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation invited police and fire departments across the country to submit proposals detailing their needs.

Cleveland Heights Chief of Police Jeffrey Robertson said, “The K-9 will be a great addition to our department, not only on the law enforcement side, but in our continued initiatives in community policing programs. I look forward to seeing our new K-9 in our elementary schools visiting with the kids and allowing our officers to interact with the younger residents of our City.” Chief Robertson added, “On behalf of the Cleveland Heights Police Department, I would like to thank the Ben Roethlisberger Foundation for selecting our department as the recipient of a grant.”

In commenting on why the mission of the foundation is so important to him, Roethlisberger said, “We're very fortunate to be in the position that we are able to help these K-9 units. The work that is performed by the dogs and their handlers as well as the bond that is formed is incredible. We're just thrilled to do our small part.”

pretty cool.
[Image: K9.jpg]

Welp, My buddy Cylde (LEO) and Roccon (K-9) are off to training for 5 weeks. Smiley_emoticons_smile
Hounds are ta bomb!!!! I never realized how HUGE they were (used to my 13 inch Beagle) until we came across one in Petsmart a couple of weeks ago!
Haven't you are seen pictures and/or paintings of the fox and the hounds? Fox hounds are quite tall, they look just like a beagle only long legged.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]