Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Multiple shootings Aurora, CO movie theater. warning, bullet wound photo.
SENTENCING

Today, Judge Carlos A. Samour Jr. formally sentenced James Holmes to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

[Image: james-holmes.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1]
^ Holmes was convicted of first-degree murder and 140 counts of attempted first degree murder last month, as well as an explosives charge.

Colorado prisons officials will determine where Holmes will be incarcerated after an evaluation that includes his mental health. Holmes, who has been diagnosed with varying forms of schizophrenia, could wind up in the corrections department's mental hospital, the 250-bed San Carlos Correctional Facility in Pueblo. He also could be transferred to an out-of-state prison.

Holmes moved from California to Colorado in 2011 and entered a prestigious postgraduate neuroscience program at the University of Colorado, Denver. But he dropped out after a year; by that time, he was well into planning the attack and stockpiling ammunition. He rigged his apartment to explode on the night of the attack, hoping to divert first responders from the Aurora theater. The homemade devices didn't go off.

In July, the jury rejected Holmes' insanity plea, finding he knew right from wrong. But it couldn't unanimously agree on the death penalty, meaning Holmes automatically was sentenced to life in prison. Prosecutors subsequently said one juror refused to sentence Holmes to death, apparently swayed by defense arguments that he did not deserve execution because he does suffer mental illness.

To the end, Holmes' state-appointed attorneys blamed the massacre on his schizophrenia and psychotic delusions. They said Holmes had been obsessed with the idea of mass killing since childhood, and he pursued neuroscience in an effort to find out what was wrong with his brain.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/colorado-the...in-prison/
Holmes Attacked -- Protecting Killers in Prison

Despite being isolated from other prisoners for his own protection, James Holmes was attacked by inmate Mark 'Slim' Daniels. Slim Daniels is doing time for car thefts and other crimes. He slipped through a security gate just before it closed in order to put a beat-down on Holmes.

[Image: holmes25n-2-web.jpg]
^ Slim landed several punches on Holmes' head before the guards pulled him off of the mass killer. So, Holmes has been transferred to another facility and it's pissing some officials off.

Prison officials refused to say where Holmes was transferred, citing security concerns. The lapse in security that led to the beating and the secret transfer drew criticism from a former Colorado prison official.

'It’s called a "dump job," moving him on to another warden. He’s always going to be a target. The Department of Corrections could easily have placed him in a secure setting,' Bob Hood, a former warden of the federal super-maximum security prison in Florence, Colorado told ABC News.

'It’s ironic to me that they transfer him out of state for such a simple assault. The Department of Corrections dropped the ball. The inmate was assaulted. The system broke down,' Hood said.

Refs:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z41rApgssr
http://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-insid...d=37339691

Cry me a river.

Now I'm wondering if those in charge resent having to protect murdering bastards and kiddie diddlers, people of that nature.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
You bet your ass they do. Who wouldn't? The guy just screams hit me.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

My argument used to be that we couldn't act like the bad guys and retaliate in kind, that we are a civilized people but really, the more shit I see and hear about the more I'm less inclined to be civilized. Sometimes I just want to be a big, fat dick to every big, fat dick I come across. Fuck 'em all. I get sick of giving what I see as consideration to those who absolutely do not deserve it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]