Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AFTERMATH-Clarke-Straub Murders
verdicts are in. sentencing hearing remains for tomorrow. so i wanted to start a thread for a couple reasons.

1. so many of you joined Mock for this case. i hope most of you will remain at Mock when the dust settles, i know some will leave. you've been great members and there's lots more here to capture your interest. don't go! Crying-into-tissue

2. the case isn't really over. i think in time there will be more to come. we all know that it took more than one person to kill those kids.

3. so your thoughts and emotions can be shared here if you like, i think we were all emotionally invested.

4. there have been many tough and horrible cases discussed here. i never would have thought with that first post that it would consume Mock and so many people.

probably a little less daunting than that monster trial thread, too.
(07-29-2012, 02:48 PM)Donovan Wrote: probably a little less daunting than that monster trial thread, too.

that's what i thought also. less evidence, more humanity.
a place to decompress.

One thing I took from all of this is what a dumb ass Johnny was. Lisa wasn't far behind. Harsh, I know, but true. He ran his mouth about a non existent safe to really bad people who do break ins and robberies for a living. WTF did he expect would be the result of that? Lisa allowed the Toledo scum into her parents home.
Damn! I wanted to be first.
[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
(07-29-2012, 03:26 PM)Older Than Dirt Wrote: Damn! I wanted to be first.

you're first in our hearts! Love3

Great idea to start a new thread LC. And you're, this isn't over, but I'd to suggest to my fellow Mocker's that we stop rehashing previous rumors, innuendo, misinformation and anything else previously discussed that has been proven untrue by testimony, evedence and other means. There are other guilty parties still out there. I've been more than impressed by the intelligence and analytical abilities of many of the Mocker's. I'd love to see them focus their energy on moving forward and using their considerable intellect on taking what we now know to be facts to try to determine who the others may be.

Is there any connection between Eric Yingling and anyone else involved in this case? Same with the snitch in Pettaway's trial, whose name I don't know.

Can any of those who have been "cleared" thus far because their DNA wasn't at the scene be tied to the crime in another way that isn't just speculation?

Can the source(s) of all the misinformation that's been disproven be identified? Safe, parties at Straubs, money and heroin, the crime happening in the basement, etc. And what meaning/motive might there have been to making untrue statements?

The collective intelligence and abiliy to think like either investigators or criminals makes this Mock group a unique opportunity to share information and theories with a large group of equally intelligent minds that, together, can offer legitimate assistance in moving this case forward. But only if we go in that direction and focus on the others involved, rather than on what's already done.

Again, I seem to have lost any sense of brevity, but I want to add a huge Thank You to LC and Duchess for having provided this forum, as well as to all of you for your investment of time and emotion in a case to which most of you aren't personally involved, and many of whom are miles and miles away from Toledo. I know it has meant a lot to those closest to the Straubs, and I would assume the Clarks as well.
I have a question, that may or may not have been answered already. For months after the murders there were rumors all around Toledo that the couple was found, (no way to put this delicately) without their tongues. Never took this too seriously because rumors are rumors, and I assumed it sprung from the idea that Johnny was killed for "snitching". But was anything like this ever touched on, or mentioned in court? Was always a bit curious.
it was one of many false rumors.

(07-29-2012, 04:07 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: it was one of many false rumors.

thank you! good to know.
(07-29-2012, 03:54 PM)Mustang Wrote: Is there any connection between Eric Yingling and anyone else involved in this case? Same with the snitch in Pettaway's trial, whose name I don't know.

wait, what snitch in the Pettaway trial? Guess I missed that one.
(07-29-2012, 03:25 PM)shitstorm Wrote: One thing I took from all of this is what a dumb ass Johnny was. Lisa wasn't far behind. Harsh, I know, but true. He ran his mouth about a non existent safe to really bad people who do break ins and robberies for a living. WTF did he expect would be the result of that? Lisa allowed the Toledo scum into her parents home.

Yes! afraid so, two peas in a pod - two sweethearts - they were happy.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
(07-29-2012, 04:14 PM)Miss Conspiracy Wrote:
(07-29-2012, 03:54 PM)Mustang Wrote: Is there any connection between Eric Yingling and anyone else involved in this case? Same with the snitch in Pettaway's trial, whose name I don't know.

I believe there was an informant that was going to testify against cp but then changed his story right before the trial. It has been speculated that someone got to him and scared him into rethinking his decision to testify.
(07-29-2012, 04:53 PM)pfifltrigg Wrote:

I believe there was an informant that was going to testify against cp but then changed his story right before the trial. It has been speculated that someone got to him and scared him into rethinking his decision to testify.

Wow!! that's too bad. and now that Cameo is free that guy will definitely never talk. :-\

Apparently there was a snitch in Pettaway trial but, he changed his story on the stand according to Mustang, Mustang assumes someone got to this witness. Maybe he had IC initials?

P.S. be sure and check the crime forum your Posts have been great! I want to ask you a question over there.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
thanks Owl...this thread is a little different, i don't want to run 2 evidence-type threads. thankyou!

(07-29-2012, 03:25 PM)shitstorm Wrote: One thing I took from all of this is what a dumb ass Johnny was. Lisa wasn't far behind. Harsh, I know, but true. He ran his mouth about a non existent safe to really bad people who do break ins and robberies for a living. WTF did he expect would be the result of that? Lisa allowed the Toledo scum into her parents home.

In their defense, it's possible Johnny told some losers (but not violent) people and then they told the psychos....

I have such hope fot the straubs for healthily moving on...

there was this lovely woman i crossed paths with professionally years ago..her daughter was a darling girl and also like lisa , she had been given every opportunity, been loved, etc...she got into drugs and couldnt get out of the life...even after numerous rehabs...she eventually died of an overdose when she was lisa's age..the mom told me a couple of years later that as horrible as it was trying to live knowing your daughter died, it was easier than living with her always tormented ...maybe the Straubs with the help of friends/loved ones will even grow closer and stronger in their marriage...statistically that is not the case but i hope both families somehow move on knowing at least now their children are both at peace.
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
Despite the rumors and innuendo. We have all cared about the poor little girl, Lisa, and yes, Johnny, and have come here cause we all wanted justice to be had for these two kids. The case is not done. Lets keep on it.

With that all said. I hope Sam is talking and rolling on everyone. But I don't think its happening.
(07-29-2012, 03:54 PM)Mustang Wrote: Great idea to start a new thread LC. And you're, this isn't over, but I'd to suggest to my fellow Mocker's that we stop rehashing previous rumors, innuendo, misinformation and anything else previously discussed that has been proven untrue by testimony, evedence and other means. There are other guilty parties still out there. I've been more than impressed by the intelligence and analytical abilities of many of the Mocker's. I'd love to see them focus their energy on moving forward and using their considerable intellect on taking what we now know to be facts to try to determine who the others may be.

I'm not satisfied at all with one conviction. And no real answers. I'll still be searching for the truth.
(07-29-2012, 07:19 PM)Pico45 Wrote: Despite the rumors and innuendo. We have all cared about the poor little girl, Lisa, and yes, Johnny, and have come here cause we all wanted justice to be had for these two kids. The case is not done. Lets keep on it.

With that all said. I hope Sam is talking and rolling on everyone. But I don't think its happening.

Some wisdom here! people in Toledo we need to get the killers' off our streets! If you have any information turn the bastards in!
Henry David Thoreau