Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
do you read everything at Mock?
i admit sometimes i cheat...if i get here before Duchess early in the morning, i turn on the lights [Image: turn-light-off-042.gif] make tea [Image: smiley-coffee.gif] and then click "Mark All Forums Read". i just don't want to read some topics, although i should read everything. do you read everything that's newly posted? or stick to a certain area?
i am sorry, i simply don't care about football or troll forums cross-pollination.[Image: crapflying.gif]

No, I don't read everything. Even if I go into a thread, if a post is super long I just skim it.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I read most everything. However, I don't check out all the new recipes posted, or many of the photography threads.
I read most everything too, with the exception of every new post related to recipes, sports, beauty tips, and those cell block cases that I haven't followed closely.
The first thing I look for is lady Cops threads then.........
I look for Ramseykittens threads then..........
I look for midwest spys threads then.......
I look for HairOfTheDogs threads.........
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I read almost all threads. I'm slightly OCD and have to start at the top (Headquarters) and work my way down (We don't give a fuck) in order. I also can't stop reading until each thread is read or marked read. Therefore, I spend quite a bit of time here. There are a few threads that I have no interest in that I skip over and then "Mark all read" when I'm finished with the ones I do have interest in.

I spend a good majority of time here at Mock. You all make for some interesting reading.
(08-02-2012, 11:53 AM)Maggot Wrote: The first thing I look for is lady Cops threads then.........
I look for Ramseykittens threads then..........
I look for midwest spys threads then.......
I look for HairOfTheDogs threads.........

Always efficient to have a sequential process...

Smart alec. 27
I better stop fucking around or LC will spank my wet naked ass. I will become............

SERIOUS MAGGOT
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Maggot has a point... do you look for certain posters? if i see a Maggot post i know i'm going to laugh or 22 like that one ^ hah

(08-02-2012, 11:30 AM)ramseycat Wrote: No, I don't read everything. Even if I go into a thread, if a post is super long I just skim it.

if the post is super long you skim it? Not super surprised there gotta say.

I don't read every thing here, mainly not stuff in the crime forum unless it's a case I have been following, I mean I just don't read every 29 page thread about one murder, if I was American, I would likely read many more of them.

At my home board as I am staff I read every thread because I have a job to do, even tho Reading a bunch of the threads at my place is enough to make anyone hang themselves.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

I never use the "mark forums read" feature or whatever. When I log on, I go to "new posts" and then read the ones that interest me. Some of the crime forum posts (by the time I realized the Clarke case was probably interesting...there were wayyyyyyyyy too many pages and I decided not to try to catch up), and then miscellaneous others. I rarely click on videos though and I really don't give a fuck what most of you like as far as music goes. Smiley_emoticons_slash Beyond periodically listening to it in the car and stuff, music just isn't a priority for me.
(08-02-2012, 12:01 PM)Maggot Wrote: I better stop fucking around or LC will spank my wet naked ass. I will become............

SERIOUS MAGGOT

I don't read people's signature lines. 116
Odd how there are sometimes real good nuggets of conversation going on in a thread you'd never expect it... so I figure I should check it all out at least on a cursory level first. When I find something that interests me, I take more time.
I like to take Mock into the shitter with me and really take me time with her.
when i have down time i'll go back and read threads/posts i missed. just in case i missed something interesting. or inflammatory.
but i don't usually watch videos or click on unknown links.

(Today 11:30 AM)ramseycat Wrote:
No, I don't read everything. Even if I go into a thread, if a post is super long I just skim it.

if the post is super long you skim it? Not super surprised there gotta say

Let me elaborate on that - If it's in the crime forum and something interesting I will read all of it. Or in another forum and it's interesting. But when someone goes on and and on spouting their nonsense, no I can't be bothered to read it all.
I don't read everything. I stick to the HQ, Introductions, Members Only, Soup Kitchen, Funny Shit, Good Shit, Dail Greeting BS, Some Honest Therapy. All the rest I mark read.
I don't ever mark anything read. What is the point in that? I read what I want and what I am not interested in, I just bypass.
^that, basically. Sometimes when there's nothing new and I'm bored, I check out threads that I previously ignored, so marking stuff 'read' would actually be counterproductive.

I've read every word ever posted in Mock. I've been known to say "tl/dr" but that's only done to fuck with whoever posted it, I don't click links posted by just anyone, I don't listen to all the music posted and on occasion I will quickly skim a post if it has to do with animal abuse or hunting. I've never clicked on "mark forum as read".

I know where all the skeletons are.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]