Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
E-READER VS TABLET
I just bought a Kindle Fire on Sunday. I can borrow books from the library on it. So far so good.

Hubby is getting ready to get a iPad from his job so I have no experience with those yet.

I read a review a couple of weeks ago (sorry can't remember who it was by--I think a blogger that gets to try and rate free stuff) and she said that while she loved the iPad, the Kindle Fire did about 95% of what the iPad did at half the price.
(08-07-2012, 04:19 PM)Tammy75 Wrote: she said that while she loved the iPad, the Kindle Fire did about 95% of what the iPad did at half the price.

I like the sound of that!

I thought you were gay. Holy moly, I must have you mixed up with someone else in here.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-07-2012, 04:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 04:19 PM)Tammy75 Wrote: she said that while she loved the iPad, the Kindle Fire did about 95% of what the iPad did at half the price.

I like the sound of that!

I thought you were gay. Holy moly, I must have you mixed up with someone else in here.

Blowing-kisses

Hubby wishes I was sometimes

hahhahhahhahhah
I got my daughter a cheap Kindle yesterday. $79. Just a reader without 3G but she can download books using our wi-fi at home.

Duchess, the salesperson told me Amazon is going to come out with a Fire with built in 3G--no data plan! I'd be all over that.
Commando Cunt Queen
(08-13-2012, 12:09 PM)username Wrote: Duchess, the salesperson told me Amazon is going to come out with a Fire with built in 3G--no data plan! I'd be all over that.

I'm hoping to find either that or a Nook at a bargain price as we begin to get closer to the holidays. A Member posted the other day that the Nook has 95% of the capabilities as the iPad, that intrigued me.
(08-13-2012, 12:27 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-13-2012, 12:09 PM)username Wrote: Duchess, the salesperson told me Amazon is going to come out with a Fire with built in 3G--no data plan! I'd be all over that.

I'm hoping to find either that or a Nook at a bargain price as we begin to get closer to the holidays. A Member posted the other day that the Nook has 95% of the capabilities as the iPad, that intrigued me.

Look up! Tammy said it was the Fire.

Holy shit! For days I've been thinking it was the Nook!
(08-13-2012, 12:09 PM)username Wrote: I got my daughter a cheap Kindle yesterday. $79. Just a reader without 3G but she can download books using our wi-fi at home.

That's all I'm interested in...picking up my wifi here in my home. Can she get email & travel cyberspace with it? How do you like the screen size, is it bigger than your smartphone? Does she use a stylus pen with it given there is no keyboard?

Sorry for all the questions, I know I can find this out online but I want to actually talk to someone I know who has one.

Thanks!
(08-13-2012, 02:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-13-2012, 12:09 PM)username Wrote: I got my daughter a cheap Kindle yesterday. $79. Just a reader without 3G but she can download books using our wi-fi at home.

That's all I'm interested in...picking up my wifi here in my home. Can she get email & travel cyberspace with it? How do you like the screen size, is it bigger than your smartphone? Does she use a stylus pen with it given there is no keyboard?

Sorry for all the questions, I know I can find this out online but I want to actually talk to someone I know who has one.

Thanks!

Nope. It's strictly for books. Sorry. I don't know if you can get any tablets without a data plan (and just use your own wi-fi). I would think so.
My sons tablet is wi-fi. No data plan required.

What kind of tablet does he have, RG? I would think all of them would work like a laptop would. I know the Asus Transformer doesn't need a data plan but now I'm leaning more towards a reader simply because of the price difference.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7". I think he paid about $240.

He gave me an early Christmas gift certificate & I ordered the new Kindle Fire HD 8.9 this morning. I'm so excited to have a tablet! I've researched this to death & it's comparable to an iPad in every way and in some instances is even better.
Yay!! New stuff makes me happy!

Oops, wrong thread. No data plan? My regular Kindle has 3G but I paid for it up front (one time cost).

Give us reviews after you get it!
Commando Cunt Queen

No data plan. Woooo. Wifi only.

I've been lusting for a tablet for a long time now, I just couldn't bring myself to spend my money on it. I don't need it, I simply want it.

ETA - I'll give a review but it will be a little while, it won't ship out for a couple weeks & I'll probably put it under the tree when it arrives.
My husband went Black Friday shopping last night, and got each of my girls a Nabi 2. It is a kids' "iPad". He also came home with my Christmas present, which he gave me early. I got an iPad...I just can't play with it until he buys one of those strongarm cases. I tend to drop things...a lot.
(11-18-2012, 12:58 PM)Duchess Wrote:

No data plan. Woooo. Wifi only.

I've been lusting for a tablet for a long time now, I just couldn't bring myself to spend my money on it. I don't need it, I simply want it.

ETA - I'll give a review but it will be a little while, it won't ship out for a couple weeks & I'll probably put it under the tree when it arrives.

Don't put it under the tree. Break that bitch out and give it a try. And then you can let me know what you think of it.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

I can't wait to get my hot lil' man hands on that puppy. Smiley_emoticons_wink
I got my son kurio kids table with Andriod 4.0- 7in 4GB. I sure hope he enjoys it. Smiley_emoticons_razz

Tablets are a huge seller this holiday season, tvs too. I'm looking for a small-ish plasma for my office and stores are pushin' the big ass screens on me. I can buy a 50 in. easier than I can find & buy a 27 in.