Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HOW do humans live like this?
Goodwill is were you go when its to big for the trash can.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-15-2012, 04:45 PM)Maggot Wrote: If I had to sleep someplace in that room it would be the litterbox. It looks kinda clean.

Well at least you wouldn't have to worry about anyone getting mad at you for pissing in the sink and messing up the decorative towels.
Those pictures make me cry. Sad. Gross.
If you get a cloth shower curtain with a liner you can have both at once while pissing in the shower.
hah

+100
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(08-15-2012, 04:01 PM)Carsman Wrote: What is necessary is a bulldozer, to just level the entire place, pave over it, and start anew! hah

Why spend that time and money? All that cheap panelling and trash soaked in alcohol... a match oughtta do it.
I wouldn't call this hoarding so much as I'd call it sheer lazyness. I know a couple of hoarders that have a lot of stuff (including 25 year old newspapers) but it's stacked neatly, in storage boxes or put away in cupboards. A hoarder doesn't have to be a slob, though many slobs are hoarders.

I can see where a mess like that would be overwhelming for anyone to clean. The key is to not let it get like that in the first place.

If I think my house is getting a bit messy and have no gumption to clean it, I just watch an episode of Hoarders and I'm up and cleaning in no time!
(08-15-2012, 04:01 PM)Carsman Wrote: Absolutely no cleaning is necessary!

What is necessary is a bulldozer, to just level the entire place, pave over it, and start anew! hah

Exactly. Or just burn it down. Burning is probably the only way to get rid of all the bugs.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(08-15-2012, 09:20 PM)Cheyne Wrote: I wouldn't call this hoarding so much as I'd call it sheer lazyness. I know a couple of hoarders that have a lot of stuff (including 25 year old newspapers) but it's stacked neatly, in storage boxes or put away in cupboards. A hoarder doesn't have to be a slob, though many slobs are hoarders.

I can see where a mess like that would be overwhelming for anyone to clean. The key is to not let it get like that in the first place.

If I think my house is getting a bit messy and have no gumption to clean it, I just watch an episode of Hoarders and I'm up and cleaning in no time!

Yes, all hoarders are not slobs. There was a program on TV a few months ago that showed hoarder "Candy Spelling", a multimillionaire, who could just not get rid of anything. She had a massive building filled with thousands's of her belongings, in neatly labeled boxes. Bizarre.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I watch hoarders every once in a while but I wash my hands compulsively during the show so I miss a lot of it. I did see one show where a woman had several "illnesses", including diabetes which required her to take insulin. Ahe just threw the needles any old place. The cleaners needed hazmats suits to come clean. She was not a hoarder, she was simply fat and lazy. Most hoarders have an issue getting rid of stuff. She just sat her fat ass in her chair and let them take it all. She couldn't help because she wasn't "feeling well". It pissed me off because she wasn't ill. Hoarding is a disease. Laziness isn't. If her house wasn't cleaned up, they were being evicted. As soon as they saw she wasn't sick, they shouldn't have offered her the services. She was well enough to shop and go on vacation, but not to clean or work.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
(08-15-2012, 04:35 PM)username Wrote: I don't donate anything that isn't worthwhile either. I know some people donate their underwear, broken appliances etc. I think that's low.

I've never had a garage sale or anything so I give away some good stuff! I donated my kid's cribs, some nice art work etc. I could have sold them but meh.

I volunteer at a charity over here in the UK. Just to let you know, you can actually donate underwear. We don't sell them in the shop, we sell the fabric for rag recycling.

Nobody minds getting underwear if its clean or marked as "rag". We can also sell damaged clothes for rag money as well. We will love people more if they mark this stuff for "rag" though! Smiley_emoticons_wink

I help with the fundraising more, but I do pitch in with the sorting through donations. We are really glad when people donate, but its not pleasant when you get a bag full of stinky, ripped up clothes! Unworking electrical's are a pain though, cause we have to spend time checking them and if they aren't working then it wastes our time.

I've only been doing this a short while, but the most memorable horror I have seen was a child's porta potty complete with shite on the rim!

Now I don't mind getting my rubber gloves on and cleaning stuff, but even I draw the line at that, I have standards!

But back to the topic: People living in this squalor depresses the hell out of me. Surely other people must have noticed before it got this bad.

I also agree with the lazyness issue vs actual hoarders. My father comes from an Eastern European country where there were food shortages and very little opportunities to buy consumer goods. Whilst I wouldn't call him a proper hoarder, he can be reluctant to let stuff go. But, he doesn't keep his house filthy, its still clean and tidy.
(08-16-2012, 09:06 AM)LuciferLynn Wrote: Iincluding diabetes which required her to take insulin. Ahe just threw the needles any old place. The cleaners needed hazmats suits to come clean. She was not a hoarder, she was simply fat and lazy. Most hoarders have an issue getting rid of stuff. She just sat her fat ass in her chair and let them take it all. She couldn't help because she wasn't "feeling well". It pissed me off because she wasn't ill. .

LL, I saw this episode as well. I agree that in this case, as in several others I have seen it is just being a slob!! For christ's sake, how much effort does it take to have a sharps container next to where you take your shots? That was the first thing I got when my husband started using needles for his insulin.
This lady, I think just wanted someone to do her cleaning for her.
I have seen episodes where there are roaches all over the place, and filth in the fridge and toilets and shit. And then these people wonder why their kids won't come visit or bring the grand kids.
I know a person from real life who I feel could be classified as a hoarder..but the stuff is confined to one room in the house, the basement and garage..and it is in boxes and stuff. It is not food or anything, just stuff. She is of the era where you just do not throw things away. She has boxes of cancelled checks from 30 years ago!!
I am getting rid of my canceled checks from 10 yrs ago as soon as I get home tonight.

Burn 'em in your fire pit. *nods*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
here are the filthy parents from post 1.

this case goes waaaaaaaaay beyond hoarding.

[Image: article-2189288-149322CD000005DC-152_306x423.jpg]

[Image: article-2189288-149322C8000005DC-117_306x423.jpg]

Robin and Roland Teller

[Image: article-2189288-1492FE95000005DC-643_634x446.jpg]

I just knew they would be hideous muthafuckas.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Have you guys ever seen the show Clean House? Nicey Nash was the host. They go into these houses that are just nasty and clean them up and decorate them really nice. Then every year they had the messiest house in America contest. You would not believe these houses. They looked perfectly normal on the outside but on the inside? Cruuuaaaazzzy. They would send the family to a hotel for a few night to relax while the workers cleaned and decorated their homes with all new furniture. I thought it was such a waste because these slobs would just shit their houses back up.
Anything with Nicey Nash is going to be great. That's a given.
She was pretty funny as the host. She would sit down with the family and give them a stern talking to. LOL
I have very few paper records. If I can't get a bill online & save it as a PDF, I scan the hardcopy then shred it. I HATE clutter! It really makes me anxious to have too much stuff around, kinda claustrophobic. I can't even watch Hoarders - I get very uncomfortable. That's probably some kind of disorder itself! But at least I'll never have a garbage house.
{{shudders}}