Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Linnea Lomax, 19. missing CA
i am just learning about this lovely young woman. will post more as a read about her. sad.
----------------------------------------------------

KTXL
August 19, 2012
SACRAMENTO COUNTY
Lomax, 19, has been missing since June 26, when she disappeared after an outpatient visit at an outpatient facility on Howe Avenue in Sacramento.

Lomax had a nervous breakdown during finals at UC Davis and was checked into a facility. The Sacramento County Sheriff's Department has handed the case over to El Dorado County (Lomax's family is from Placerville) since Lomax is 19, and now considered to be "voluntarily missing" by authorities.

"The worst case scenario is that she's dead," says Craig Lomax, Linnea's father.

The family came across a lead Sunday, hoping it will lead them to their 19-year-old daughter.

"We're excited that we found the first absolute confirmation of where Linnea was," her father tells FOX40.
Volunteers found the clue along the American River Bike Trail this afternoon. "It was a notepad, the book she was using in the therapy session she was in. It gives us some direction, maybe even some insight to what she was thinking," Craig says.

The extended search for Linnea has been made possible by Mark Klaas. His daughter Polly was murdered back in 1993. The Klaaskids Foundation arrived this weekend to help the Lomax family with their search.

Since the UC Davis student disappeared on June 26 from mental health facility in Sacramento, her family says her bank account has gone untouched, along with her cell phone and social media profiles.

"As her dad, I love her so much, I have to think of every possibility,” Craig says.

"What we can do is come to start eliminating possibilities," says Klaas, "and that's exactly what we're doing right now."

Since the Klaaskids Foundation arrived to help the Lomax family, more than 240 volunteers have come forward to search for Linnea.

"It's going to take faith, loyalty, hope and determination to see any project like this come to a conclusion," Klaas says.

It's a conclusion that this family hopes will have a happy ending.

The search will continue on every other Saturday of the month. If you would like to join the Lomax family in helping find Linnea, you can go to http://www.helpfindlinnea.org/

[Image: Lomax.jpg]

[Image: 0.jpg]

[Image: 120820091518_linnea_notebook.jpg]

her notebook found in brush sunday ^

[Image: linnea-lomax-missing-poster-photos.jpg]

i don't know what the rumors are.
will try to find some locals' comments.
what i would like to know is the date of last entry in that notebook ^ and why it is pristine if it was out in the elements all this time.
she had a "breakdown". was she suicidal? most suicides are found quickly.
---------------------------

The number of rumors circulating, coupled with the time the case has dragged on, is challenging the viability of the search, Lomax said.

[Image: 12iFbj.St.4.jpeg]

Marianne Lomax, left, Linnea Lomax's mother, is hugged by Jeany Plooy at Sac Metro Fire station #106, the current command center for the search for her daughter, Linnea Lomax, 19, the UC Davis student, who went missing in Sacramento on Tuesday, June 26, 2012.

[Image: su0S3.St.4.jpeg]

Craig Lomax, father of Linnea Lomax

[Image: GJggQ.St.4.jpeg]

Mom & Dad

Now those look like some distraught parents... not like those smiley fuckers in Iowa.
This has not been well publicized. Living in CA I would think I would have heard about it sooner but nope.
Commando Cunt Queen
I live about an hour away from Davis and hadn't heard anything at all about this case. I read about it yesterday only because on google news I searched for "missing".

I wonder what was going on in her life besides school (boyfriend trouble?). UC Davis is a good school (I went there and so did one of our children), but it's hard for me to imagine a student having a complete nervous breakdown over finals.
[Image: article-2200174-14E6F3B4000005DC-279_634x462.jpg]

NBC News

Linnea Lomax, 19, was last seen on June 26, 2012.

Volunteers searching for 19-year-old Linnea Lomax, a University of California, Davis freshman missing since June, discovered a body Friday near the shore of the American River in Sacramento.

Sacramento police were called to the scene but authorities said they could not confirm the identity of the body, which, they told NBC station KCRA, was badly decomposed and appeared to be female.

The body was found at 10:18 a.m. in the Glenn Hall Park area, not far from where Lomax was last seen walking away from a mental health appointment, police said.

Members of HelpFindLinnea.orgissued a statement saying the Lomax family "is asking for continued support, prayers and privacy" until confirmation of the body’s identity.

ETA: (CBS13) – The Lomax family has confirmed that the body found on an American River levee near Sacramento State University is that of UC Davis student Linnea Lomax, who has been missing since late June.

Signs_173

A 19-year of University of California at Davis student whose body was found last week more than two months after her disappearance committed suicide by hanging herself from a tree, her father revealed on Tuesday.

Craig and Marianne Lomax held a press conference in Placerville, California, to thank the volunteers who had spent months searching for their daughter, Linnea, who disappeared on June 26 after fleeing a psychiatric hospital.

Lomax, a college freshman, had been depressed and scared that she might fail a final exam at school.

Thrashing through the thick brush on the banks of the American River on Friday morning, Marianne Lomax got on her hands and knees, crawled through the bramble and came to what she called a "pretty place" alongside the water.

There, she found her 19-year-old daughter Linnea, hanging from a tree.

"I looked for two seconds and I knew it was her," recalled Marianne Lomax, wrapped in a prayer shawl and standing alongside her husband, Craig. "I believe God brought me to her, and there's closure because of that."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/09/12/4811070...rylink=cpy

[Image: 15kH5w.Em.4.jpeg]

[Image: article-0-14F80E42000005DC-431_306x423.jpg]

Oh god, her Mom found her.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
:( how horrible. What a pretty young lady.
Oh how awful. I can't even imagine.....so sad.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies