Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jake Kimbley, 2 TX - found dead
Another little one has gone missing while outside playing.....

KLTV - Crews are on the ground searching a densely-wooded area in East Texas for a boy who went missing Tuesday afternoon playing a game of hide and seek.

An official with the Smith County Sheriff's Office says three kids were playing hide and seek in a densely-wooded area near FM 16 and CR 373 near Winona, when one child, a two-year-old boy, went missing.

The boy is described as a two-year-old, weighing about 30 lbs, wearing a red, white and blue top with no shoes.

The Smith County Sheriff's Office says the missing boy is reportedly mentally challenged.

Twenty units, along with local fire departments and an air unit are involved in the search.

Stay tuned to KLTV.com for the latest developments in this story.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Once again, where's the supervision? Dammit!!
Commando Cunt Queen
The Smith County Sheriff's Office says the missing boy is reportedly mentally challenged.

crap. who was watching this 2 year old?

[Image: 19333448_BG2.jpg]

[Image: 19333448_BG3.jpg]

Stupid people having babies again. When will it end?
And apparently he doesn't talk either. You wow think that him being mentally disabled his parents would keep a much closer eye on him.
Haven't seen any info on the parents and only other news story is this one which says about the same:
http://m.ketknbc.com/w/main/story/71057251/

I sure hope this boy is found safe and soon too.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

dense woods, night falling. barefoot too! how often have we seen this? i hope search dogs are in.

local news report video:

http://www.kltv.com/story/19333448/searc...Id=7638148

UPDATE (6:45pm): The boy's grandmother tells KETK crews on the scene that she believes Jacob may have been taken from the property just before 2:00.

Officials have not confirmed this information, but the woman says she saw a vehicle drive away around that time.

Its getting dark, poor lil guy, he can't even yell for help.

how far can a barefoot 2-year-old get??

i emailed a news reporter with questions, hope i get a reply.
are dogs being utilized?
is there any body of water nearby?
what are parents' names?
who was watching him? ages of playmates?
--------------
now the grandma says could be abduction?! ^

[Image: missing_toddler.jpg]

UPDATE: Officials tell KETK, they have found a footprint of the missing boy at a home about 1000 feet away from the house where Jacob went missing.

a later news video at link.

http://www.kltv.com/story/19333448/searc...Id=7639444

they report his clothes and a footprint found near a dry creek bed. i wonder if he could have removed his clothing?
authorities are searching overnight.
0200 as i type this, no word.

WINONA, TX (KLTV) - A missing two-year-old East Texas boy has been found dead this morning.

Lieutenant Wiginton with the Smith County Sheriff's Office confirmed this morning that Jake Kimbley was found in the woods at 1:15 a.m. Wednesday. The two-year-old boy went missing around 1:00 p.m. Tuesday while playing hide and seek with another child.

Authorities are on scene investigating at this time, and additional help has been called in from the Smith County Sheriff's Office.

His family has been notified.

Lt. Wiginton says it has not yet been determined whether foul play was involved.

-------------------------------------

we'll have to wait for M.E. for cause and manner of death. poor little kid must have been so frightened. :(

Angel

Not another one. I can't even stand it.

A 3 year old drowned yesterday in a lake around here. I have to find the link to the story. But again, WHO THE FUCK WAS WATCHING THE KID??? Clearly, no one watches their kids anymore.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
So sad, I was hoping to wake up to good news. I wonder what happened to this boy?

Ramsey, it seems as though no-one pays attention to their kids anymore, they must think they are independent enough to watch themselves at the age of 23 yrs. Gawd damn stupid idiots in this world. R.I.P Jake.

You are right about no one watching their kids these days. That is why it is becoming easier to abduct them. I see all to often very young children unattended.
(08-22-2012, 07:41 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Clearly, no one watches their kids anymore.

I am very cautious with my daughter, who is 4. The other day I was told that I am *crazy* because I wouldn't let my daughter play in the front yard, while I took groceries into the house. I have her stay where I can see her! My ex husband thinks I'm seriously over protective. And you know what? I'm ok with that, because in the forefront of my mind, is all these innocent children that I have read about here on Mock.

Also, I live in a nice area, but that does not mean it couldn't happen to me!

There are still good parents in the world, we just don't hear or see their stories Smiley_emoticons_wink
OMG! SEPTIC TANK?? was he put in there??

i do not like it when parents are not named or seen. :(
-------------------------------------------------

WINONA, TX (KLTV) -
A missing two-year-old East Texas boy has been found dead this morning.

According to Smith County JP, precinct 4 Judge Mitch Shamburger, Jake Kimbley's body was found in an underground septic tank around 1:30 am, Wednesday. Judge Shamburger said the inspection lid was off and the hole was about 10 inches in diameter.

The two-year-old boy went missing around 1:00 p.m. Tuesday while playing hide and seek with another child. He is one of five children and has a twin brother.

Authorities are on still on the scene investigating at this time.

Judge Shamburger tells us they have not determined if it was accidental or not.

[Image: 19337952_BG6.jpg]

One of the many trash piles on property.

[Image: 19337952_BG7.jpg]

Crews searching drainage pipe last night.

video news:

http://www.kltv.com/story/19337952/missi...Id=7640152

How awful. I hope he was not put in there and sadly just fell in looking for a hiding spot, I hate to think of little ones being neglected and abused. That picture of trash on the property, I assume they are referring to the parents property? Oi vey!

oh God. poor baby.

WINONA, TX (KLTV) -

A man has been taken from the scene where the missing two-year-old East Texas boy was found dead Wednesday morning.

During the search for the missing boy, investigators discovered a neighbor was a sex offender, and was in violation of probation. A warrant was issued for his arrest Wednesday afternoon, but officials say he's not a suspect in the boy's death.

Lt. Larry Wiginton from the Smith Co. Sheriff's Office says that nothing has been ruled out as to the cause of this child's death. Wiginton says all deaths are treated as possible homicides, and that is the status of the investigation at this time.

it just gets worse...

UPDATE: SMITH COUNTY (KYTX) - We talked with Smith County Justice of the Peace Mitch Shamburger, who gave us the basics on the inquest and the body being found in the septic tank.

We have also talked with a woman who was there for the entire search effort, including her description of the conditions of the home and that Jake's parents were laughing and smiling and didn't help with the search. The other kids in the home were taken by Child Protective Services on Tuesday and remain in CPS custody.

We are also told that an eight-year-old told law enforcement that he watched his dad "kick Jake into a hole." There are reports that a professional septic company came to the scene to open the septic tank before authorities could check for the body, all confirmed by Smith County District Attorney Matt Bingham and Smith County Sheriff-elect Larry Smith, who are at the property today.

The parents were questioned by the FBI Tuesday night, and Jake's grandfather was arrested today for being a registered sex offender near kids.