BLAH

I need some oomph. Got any?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
No, but if you find some, share, I am dead on my feet today
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

I'm not looking too hard for it. I couldn't be in Philly last night for Eagles Flight Night so I'm watching a broadcast of it from their site. Thank Christ I don't have coworkers.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I just need it to stay awake until 4pm. I have two, and they are both in today, making the day drag. Lucky you are by yourself.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

(08-27-2012, 10:34 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Yes, but I'm saving it all for my job interview(Hilton Garden Inn) tommorrow.
Gah, I need an nap in the worst way. My Mojo has left the building.

Why don't they give adults naps at work? I think a 30 minute power nap would totally improve productivity.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(08-27-2012, 02:15 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(08-27-2012, 10:34 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Yes, but I'm saving it all for my job interview(Hilton Garden Inn) tommorrow.

Oh joy...the position would be in the Jet Propulsion plant(cashier/cook in the cafeteria) in Schenectady. And its a Union job.
(08-28-2012, 05:48 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Oh joy...the position would be in the Jet Propulsion plant(cashier/cook in the cafeteria) in Schenectady. And its a Union job.

What's the pay?

Do you think it's worth it, and how much would you have to contribute to your union dues?

Are you the frontrunner for the position (in your estimation)?
yeah, but would you get it?
(08-28-2012, 05:54 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(08-28-2012, 05:48 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Oh joy...the position would be in the Jet Propulsion plant(cashier/cook in the cafeteria) in Schenectady. And its a Union job.

What's the pay?

Do you think it's worth it, and how much would you have to contribute to your union dues?

Are you the frontrunner for the position (in your estimation)?

Don't know the pay. I thought it was bad form to ask that at an interview.

Didn't ask about union dues either.

I think my 8+ years as a cashier should make me a top contender but there is only 3 positions open.
There ARE only three positions open.

Didn't you say you have student loans? So you must be educated. Maybe not...

Take the damn job. It's better than continuing to live off everyone else. It's could be a stepping stone to something better.
(08-29-2012, 09:21 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Take the damn job. It's better than continuing to live off everyone else. It's could be a stepping stone to something better.

I'll take the job if it is offered to me. Yeah, before you know it I'll be making jet engines. Right after I develop a liking for/become good at at math and science.
(08-29-2012, 12:54 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(08-29-2012, 09:21 AM)ramseycat Wrote: Take the damn job. It's better than continuing to live off everyone else. It's could be a stepping stone to something better.

I'll take the job if it is offered to me. Yeah, before you know it I'll be making jet engines. Right after I develop a liking for/become good at at math and science.

Now see? You are sounding much more positive. Just think what you can do if you get up off your ass and have some ambition.
(08-29-2012, 01:27 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Now see? You are sounding much more positive. Just think what you can do if you get up off your ass and have some ambition.

You could be a motivational speaker.
(08-29-2012, 01:35 PM)username Wrote:
(08-29-2012, 01:27 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Now see? You are sounding much more positive. Just think what you can do if you get up off your ass and have some ambition.

I think you have to actually like people to do that.
(08-29-2012, 01:39 PM)ramseycat Wrote:
(08-29-2012, 01:35 PM)username Wrote:

I think you have to actually like people to do that.

It's not so much about liking people as much as it's about hating worthless fucks. Motivational speaking I mean.
Meh, maybe RG but I hate public speaking. I would rather scold some uselss fuck over the internet. While eating rice cakes that is.
Caramel rice cakes. I am still struggling to understand why sally threw a hissy-fit over those, tbh.
(08-29-2012, 02:14 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Meh, maybe RG but I hate public speaking. I would rather scold some uselss fuck over the internet. While eating rice cakes that is.

ShiZAM!

Take that Sally ya crazy no rice cake eatin be otch!

/Gear basking in the flames
(08-29-2012, 02:21 PM)Ilyanna Wrote: Caramel rice cakes. I am still struggling to understand why sally threw a hissy-fit over those, tbh.

They are actually pretty good. Not as good as Cracker Jacks but close for a healthy snack. Some people just can't appreciate a healthy snack.